Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Showing all 15,331 reviews

Fun place to work but management was terrible

I would come in and count the drawers from the previous night. Order money for the week. Count the safe and do deposits. I also did product replenishment and inventory loss prevention. Recovery was done at the end of every night and the store cleaned before anyone could leave. The management was not organized and many times we were short handed due to people calling in and no one coming in to replace them. Co-workers didnt like the job but we loved each other. The most enjoyable was the customer service counter. I got to work with the best we had there and help implement new Operation procedures.

Pros

great breaks

Cons

terrible management

Friendly managers

A good place to work, good managers, no drama just not competitive pay. You get a store discount which is nice and if you work in the back first pick before customers on a shirt you might like

Pros

Discount, friendly people

Cons

Can’t live off pay

How well the workers get along with one another

The employees get along better than I had expected based on other businesses. I've seen my fair share of rude employees and was well pleased with Ross's employees.

Pros

Breaks, clean store

It’s ok

What you see is what you get very unorganized on floor and behind screen Our client is looking for Medical Supply Packers near Northeast Philadelphia, PA to join their team. In this role, you will be packing pharmaceutical products within a sterile environment, this is not a warehouse.Public Transportation Available!!!Your Day:

Very nice place to work

Work was pretty easy and everyone got along. Management was also very friendly and the hiring process was super fast. Training is also pretty easy and quick, once you get the hang of how they operate it's pretty easy.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

The work itself gets stale

Terrible

Management would not bother to conduct check and go audits until the very last minute. Therefore, there would no longer be any room to put up new clothes

Trash can

Go here if you’re old school and you think long hair is unprofessional.The point system allows up to 12 points. You get 1 for 5 consecutive days, however if you’re more that 7 minutes late it counts as if you were 2 hours late and give you 0.25 points. You get 0.5 points back for every MONTH with perfect attendance. It takes a year to gain 6 points back.

Pros

17 to start with shift differentials

Cons

Point Systems, One break per 8 hours, OSHA Temperature violations.

Management makes or breaks things

I had great management, but came in just as the last store manager was leaving. The stories were not good, but greatly improved over the next year. I loved my coworkers.

fun workplace!

Really enjoyed working there. Learned so many new things. The employees were always cheerful and respectful. The most enjoyable part was the environment.

Flexible schedule

Flexible scheduleTime goes by so fastGood place to startGood discounts all the timePoor Compensation/BenefitsAlways short staff. You have to work hard like you’re a 3 person.

No complaints worked seasonally

I really have is pay at the time was not sufficient. I personally worked there around the holiday times knowing that more than likely I was only there as a temporary seasonal Worker I think the store is amazing deals if you have a family and kids are constantly are trying to remodel your own definitely check it out

Productive and worst place to work at

A typical day at work is that if you are in the fitting room, there is only one person for the entire shift. You also have to look out for people who are acting suspicious while taking care of the customers that come in the fitting room. You also have to count the clothes and give the customers a number card before the go in and count them again after they come out. During the breaks, you have to wait for an associate to cover the fitting room before you go on the break. When your shift time is over you have to wait for the next person that is covering the fitting room before you can clock out and leave.

I woked there in 2008

They gave me a lot of jobs underpaying me and basically calling me every minute i had off. They told me i couldn't wear my retainer piercing so i quit. Overworked and underpaid. Id rather live off disability now because i cant work after that job

Very productive and team based

I loved working here for the opportunity to deal w organization . I’m introvert and working in the stock team was perfect for me , I would work w a small team to take care of the store needs .

Very productive, but Nice environment

I only worked here for the summer, but it was a great learning experience for me. The employees were nice and everyone respected each other. It did get pretty hectic on some days though, but it was rare to be bored as a cashier. If this were the case, employees from around the store would come help you. And cashier transactions are timed but only to make sure you give a fast checkout experience.

Hate it here

It’s terrible, they cut our hours when we’re over on payroll. They treat us like less than humans and get yelled at to work faster. We can only work so fast

It was okay.

Overall, I liked it somewhat. The job was fair and the manager I got during My shifts was really nice and understanding. I felt overwhelmed once and they allowed me to take a break till I felt better. It does get quite stressful and the customers were a handful sometimes, but it's like that anywhere. I enjoyed my time there but for me it wasn't the best option as a first job.

Pros

Management, scheduling.

Poor management and supervisors. A lot of favoritism, management and supervisors are not professional.

If there was a better management team as well as supervisors who took their roles more professionally and seriously. Toxic Work environment. Unconfidently about associates work ethic’s. Unfair treatment to associates. Can’t report unfair treatment to management team because they will not give you hours after and have you work in areas of the store that everyone dislikes.

Pros

Discounts. Flexible in schedule.

Cons

Poor management

Little training

I worked in warehouse. Worst warehouse setting I have ever worked for. Favoritism is very evident. Revolving door for new hires. Can never get anyone on the phone and was told not to email direct supervisor. This place is a joke. Constantly send you home due to no work. I definitely would NOT recommend.

It's okay for a starter job.

It's okay especially for an entry level job or for high school students, but do not recommend staying there for the long run. Pros: Management is very lenient. (Probably depends on location though.) Great co-workers (Also depends on location.) Employee discounts.Cons: Customers are the worst and feel entitled. Sales floor will always be messy no matter how many times you clean up and put things back where they belong. Sometimes the store is understaffed.

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Lenient management and friendly co-workers. Employee discounts.

Cons

Always messy (to be expected, it's a Ross.) Mean and entitled customers. Understaffed.

Productive and fun work environment

Everyone was nice and it was just a chill environment . The hardest part of the job is showing up in my opinion also the 40% discount was the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits