Roehl Transport

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews

Low Freight

The company says they are currently having issues getting Freight and I have been sitting way too much and not been getting the mileage that I need to keep my truck up. I started being a lease operator with the company and with the low Freight everything I make pretty much goes to the truck.

My fleet manager has been great

I've been making good money, they keep me going, one load right after the other. My fleet manager is great, I think it's like any job, if your willing to work hard, they will keep you working. So I'm busy, and I also don't complain about everything like a lot of driver's seam to do.

Pros

Free showers at loves and good benefits, flexible home time, good new equipment

Cons

Long haul truck driver. Living in the truck

Terrible fleet managers.

They talk a good game, but don't walk a good game. The fleet managers (depending on who you get) don't give a care about your driving preferences. If you don't want to drive over night. Too bad. You'll be coerced into driving over night.

Experience Don’t Work Here

Roehl is a garbage company. I do not recommend this job to no experience driver run away from the company I’ll start with proGreat home timeGood equipment Mechanic shop is fast Cons no personal conveyance to go to store 90% live load 2 hrs free Force Dispatch Low pay No communication No Split Sleeper

Good place to start

Training company. Micro manage. Must stay on assigned route. Trucks governed 65 mph. Home time stay out minimum of 11 days, but can stay out long as you want.

Not as advertised

My fleet manager is difficult to work with at times. I started with Roehl as a second career in life. The training program was good. I am at the point where i can not wait to get my contract over with. I have had good interactions with other fleet managers. Dispatches take forever at times. I have had to take 2 34s in a week. Very bad communication, The companies do not value your time when it comes to loading and unloading. I feel my time is not valued

Pretty good paying benefits.

Really good paying benefits, it's trucking, great equipment and great terminals. Safety department was pretty much spot-on. Training either at the terminal or on your smartphone. They named maintained equipment fairly well. Regional drivers was the preferred job, especially to get weekend home time.

September 6, 2022
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your TeamRoehl experience with us! We truly appreciate your input.

No interest in promoting other than the 7k they charge once you quit, yes you will quit because they want turnover. They have little to no freight moving on the weekends, which means you don’t make money. They continue to work with shippers that take hours and hours to load.

Very solid company

For all the big transport companies I would assume you could do a lot worse. They are straight up with you about most everything. You can find better paying jobs out there, but at a price.

August 29, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

High stress

Office setting is small in Neenah so it can be a good and bad thing. It is drama filled, just depends on what side you land. Having a present supervisor is huge and the one here is only present when he feels the pressure from his bosses.

September 23, 2022
I encourage you to share your feedback with our Employee Relations Manager.

Not good

Micromanagement is ridiculous. The pay was not great. Overall I guess it’s a good place to start. The training program was really good but once I got going it was downhill from there

September 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We want our members of TeamRoehl to be successful, and sometimes coaching for success can seem like micromanaging. We appreciate you sharing your comments with us.

Good company

This is a great company to get you into the game but not a long term company Your miles will slowly decrease as your cpm increases. New drivers getting made here all the time

September 23, 2022
This is a common miles myth about Roehl, and I suspect many other trucking companies. It’s actually the opposite. As driving teammates gains confidence and stamina, they should be able to drive more miles in a day and make more money. Another myth is that fleet managers or planners restrict miles on some drivers. That’s simply not true, and without going into an explainer about how routing and load selection work, it’s enough to know that we’re seeking to meet our customers needs and driving teammates home time needs, and doing that is a balancing act. More information on this specific topic was recently shared on our Keeping It Roehl podcast!

Safest company

Great training. If youre looking for highly disciplined training this is it. Theyll treat you fair and give you opportunity to learn the necessary skills.

August 29, 2022
Thanks for the wonderful feedback! We appreciate your comments and the time you spent on TeamRoehl.

Inadequate training

I trained to drive a truck through roehl. Training only included enough info to get licensed. Did not get the job after training. I've learned a lot more on my own.

September 23, 2022
Roehl’s Get Your CDL program is an on-the-job training program, so if you were in that program, you would have been hired on the first day because getting your CDL is part of the job.

Good starter company

Good starter company. I’m southeast regional and I don’t get as many miles. There are days when I’m sitting waiting on a load. Pay isn’t great to me could be better from what I’ve heard from other companies. Don’t like the cameras cause they watch them without them being triggered on.

September 23, 2022
A couple of things. With Roehl, you likely have multiple fleet options – so if you want to drive more miles, you could switch to a national fleet, and possibly a dedicated fleet (talk to your Fleet Manager about your options). Roehl’s sliding mileage pay scale and address-to-address practical route miles mean you are better compensated for your time and for more of the miles you actually drive. Finally, our trucks have the latest in safety features, and we do not have people watching event recorder video without them being triggered.

Not ready for new drivers

Phase 2 is the worst, you got drivers waiting about 2-3weeks, before get out on the road for training.. wasting time as your 19days of training runs down..

Pros

Free hotel room, $13dinner card

Cons

You might be forgotten, not enough trainers for otr

September 23, 2022
Please know you are not forgotten, no matter what! Our commitment to Driver Success means we see you as a person and provide responsiveness, care and solutions to help you meet your personal needs and practical needs. It’s also true that we’ve had incredible growth because so many new driving teammates have joined the company. We were not immune to some of the supply chain issues that have impacted the economy as a whole, but we’ve addressed those issues with the speed and determination one would expect from one of North America’s most successful trucking companies – including adding equipment, trainers and trucks!

Safety #1 pay is not as important

So I would say a good starting company to work for, unfortunately turnover rate is high, kind of alarming. Miles are okay, need 2,800-3k miles to make what they say average pay is.

September 23, 2022
I encourage you to talk to your fleet manager about how you can increase your pay! Also, our accident-free pay rewards safe driving (as a driver logs the miles so they are not waiting for a quarterly or annual bonus), and our address-to-address practical route miles means drivers are paid for more of the miles they actually drive. Plus, our sliding mileage pay scales better rewards drivers for their time.

Driver

Good pay n professional. You get the chance to see other part of the nation. I left after my one year contract was over. I have decided to come to prime and try their leasing owner operator program

August 22, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your input!

Decent company. Friendly people

The company is pretty good. Pay wasn't what I expected. People were friendly. Loads were as expected. But they wanted pictures submitted showing securement and tarping done. Mid completion and completed.

August 3, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your input!

good starter company as long as you know what your getting into

great one to start with. fleet managers can be a mixed bag but as long as you are responsible and communicative they usually work with you to keep you moving at all times. i did flatbed and a lot of getting paid well is being safe and efficient with your time so you can make the most out of your week. i was on the 14/7 fleet so i knew what my weeks were like most of the time but i have hear depending on where you live it can be hard to get home sometimes, but if you live in a good travel lane or by a terminal usually hometime is not a huge issue as long as you like the hometime to work compensation they have. i have been there for 10 years so i have seen the best and the worst of it but for the most part they stick to their word and at the end of the day that's what matters.

August 3, 2022
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate the time you've spent with TeamRoehl.

Poor health benefits

Poor health benefits. Enjoyed the challenge of the job. Some supervisors were great. Employee turnover was very high….both office and driving staff.

July 29, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value your input.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roehl Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Roehl Transport
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?