R+L Carriers

R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,182 reviews

It's a decent place to work

Pay was good. People are nice. Management could use some work, overall it was pretty decent. Delivering to houses in a big semi was not the easiest or best way to deliver customers stuff

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Delivering to residential houses, long hours

productive and fun place to work

Fair days work for fair days pay. As long as you do your job, won't have management breathing down your throat. Decent pay. Some days are better than others, but t g also to be expected anywhere.

Come in on time,do your job right and keep clean driving record

Nothing bad really, just don't make plans on Friday evenings, because you might be out late to get last minute pickup orders. because YOU ARE OFF on weekends !!!!

Pays well but needs to be updated

It's a decent place to work. It pays well but they don't pay overtime. Needs better communication.They are loyal to their workers but have trouble with turnover.

The fast pace makes an 8-10 hour shift seem like 6 hours.

The men that I work with are team oriented and quite willing to pitch in and help with any situation that may arise with freight on the dock or in a trailer. The men and women who manage the dock and the daily trucking operations and logistics do a real good job too.

They only pay straight time on hours over 8 or 40 per week

Typical LTL carrier ,organized chaos. Late start times because they are usually still receiving inbound freight with trucks waiting to go out. Job is not really hard but you will touch freight all day.

Not worth the headache

They let you know if freight is slow, then you may get called off ( with no compensation ), but what they don't tell you is when freight is slow the newest driver gets called off. They make it hard to get a full paycheck, and is the lowest paid LTL company around. Some office staff will talk to you crazy and direct fully and as soon as you talk to them the same way, you're in the wrong and want to write you up and want an apology. As soon as you find something better and leave they don't wanna pay you your vacation time you earned.

Their Standard Operating System

My job was one I enjoyed doing however the workplace is very hostile. One can be a no show 3x before anything is done. Working with someone that goes to lunch and don't come to work is ok as long as they complain about someone trying show them how to do their job is acceptable. I was never late or absent but had to leave due to being uncomfortable doing what I enjoyed doing. So unfair.

Good company to work for as a truck driver.

I’ve been here over a year and have enjoyed the job so far. I work as a solo linehaul driver so I don’t have to work the dock! I wish their trucks would climb up mountains better but they are maintained pretty well. I will stay here for quite a while longer, maybe till I retire.

Pros

Pay is competitive.

Cons

No pay for dropping or hooking a trailer or time you spend getting fuel for trucks.

Fun place to work at Avery high pace

RL Carriers is a great place to work good management n good people they are delicated to their job very laid back environment the pay is great n benefits are wonderful!!

The income is the only plus.

MY review is 100% negative, don"t do it Go elsewhere if possible. The one positive thing is the pay, don't look to grow or advance in knowledge or position.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Way to many to list.

Worst trucking company

No room for growth, pay will not improve much, get nothing for hours, just an absolute overall waste of time and effort. Apply anywhere else unless you want a job that will get you absolutely nowhere in life.

If I could give zero stars I would

West sac terminal will not give a care about you or your family. Don't work here if you have kids especially. There's a lack of training, office support and you will get thrown into your position and then be blamed for doing something wrong. It's every man for themselves. The work environment is middle school all over again. Management plays favorites and there isn't any room for advancement and you'll be stuck with doing the same stuff everyday with no incentives or raises that match outside living. You will get extra tasks that aren't your responsibility and be left to do everything on your own! This place is a joke. Don't get sucked into working here you will regret it. It's a waist of time and not worth it. And corporate is worse and don't care about their employees. People will smile in your face and talk about you behind your back! They can't keep good employees here they all quit. I'd pass this up!

Pros

None.. except going home

Cons

Lack of everything

you will never take anything in your life for granted again

it has good hourly pay, poor treatment and work conditions, i would recommend literally any other job doing the same job you do here. there is no chance as a new or even 1 year employee that you can aquire the shift thhat you want, and the accomodations are horrible. if you need the money work here, if you have options choose them instead.

Pros

Cons

all

Productive & laid back.

I worked in the office at R&L Carriers a few years back. It was easy going, the terminal manager at the time was awesome and I really enjoyed my time working here. The truck drivers were also awesome.

great place for an easy and flexible job, terrible management

the place to go if you want an easy job and want a life, you only want to work 8 hours? they got you. You want to work 10 hours? they got you. Management is filled with idiots and you dont get overtime pay

Decent place to work if you can handle some people.

You get paid fairly well & you can get plenty of hours if they are busy. Most of you co workers can be cool & knowledgeable but some you cannot trust or tell how your feeling about the workplace. Someone who is not in a management position of the terminal or dock tries to be a boss very hard but if he likes you & you can handle his narcissistic talks and self loathing you’ll be good

Pros

Good pay, mostly good fellow dock workers

Cons

No overtime & a few people trying to be something they aren’t & knit pick.

Poor managemnat

They would give you enough work for 2 people to drown in and not finish by the end of your shift and expect you to complete it. They underpaid you and if you became sick would criticize you for coming to work ill but would guilt trip you for calling out. The CS manager would make rude and over-the-line comments and would try and get you to cancel or push appointments. They did not support you in the work and would also change policies to suit themselves. You would get in trouble for being late even by a minute even thou the company handbook said you could be late by 7 minutes. You could get in trouble for unrealistic timelines and they played favorites. They would create unnecessary steps to complete tasks and ask why it wasn't done. The training was only a week long and the training person would expect you to know everything. Management would be on their phones all the time and then complain that they never had enough time in the day to complete their work so they would hand it off to someone else. The company expected you to work in a toxic environment and then get on to you if you filed a complaint against another employee.

A typical work day

It is great working for R L Carriers. I have been employed there for over 21 years. I love going to work there. Great management and employees. A very quite country side place.

Ok, not long term

Avoid this place at all cost this should be a last resort job if at all. Nothing good about it. Treated like trash and if you mess up at all you’ll be done.

Pros

Base pay

Cons

The pay is good and the environment is pretty laid back with very little stress.. Trucks are new and in great condition. I have no complaints with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits