QBE Employee Reviews

Philippines35 reviews
Salary / Benefits
A good company to work with if you are looking for a challenging role that will further enhance and develop your existing skills in insurance.

Their flexible benefits is a great plus factor on top of your basic pay.
Salary / Benefits
One of the best insurance firms I had the chance to be part of, they provide equal opportunity for everyone and offers a highly competitive salary and benefits packages.

In general, they offer job security.
Pros
Free coffee, lots of benefits, great pay, highly productive tasks, beautiful workplace
Salary / Benefits
The management is very much helpful and really focuses on an employee's employment growth and development. There are a lot of good benefits that you can't find from other companies
Pros
Flexben, friendly management
Cons
could've been a little higher salary
Salary / Benefits
I worked with QBE when we were in the Philippines. The work environment is far different from what I have experienced with Classic Holidays as management in QBE followed strict guidance mandated by Australian clients and superiors. Strict discipline is always observed.
Salary / Benefits
a typical day at work. career development. family-oriented, allows you to improve your knowledge, open to new technologies, teamwork, clear career path.
Salary / Benefits
The Philippines Group Shared Services is a poor company.
- politics in upper management

- does not promote growth from within because they live to hire externally - no career growth

- does not consider onshore counterparts as partners but as clients

- have own rules which is different from the global rules
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my stay in QBE since I have the best teammates who helped me grow and learn more. QBE taught me to be strong and more knowledgeable and adjust no matter how difficult the assignment is.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Management are not easily seen
Salary / Benefits
QBE, is a company wherein you can grow professionally and and personally. It offers flexibility of work. QBE always look after the welfare of its employees as well as the company.
Salary / Benefits
The Group Shared Services of QBE in Manila claims to be a captive company, meaning it works like a 'branch office' only that it is a shared service center for all of QBE acroas all geographies.
But they dont promote from within and have many external hires in the management. They always focus in savings but neglect employee welfare and quality of services to emoloyees. TtttggTheieTheur rules
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at QBE?
Salary / Benefits
The company has been a great home to me and provided a good enviroment for a young professional. They provide a professional environment and also has a lot of extra curricular activities monthly like volunteering to different communities.
Salary / Benefits
QBE has been the best company I have worked so far. Management cares for their people and ensures there is work-life balance.
The people I have worked with were amazing!
Salary / Benefits
i can recommend all the companies I've worked for as a great way to start and hone your career. It also allows you to discover your strength for the improvement of individual's professionalism.
Pros
incentives
Cons
no overtime
Salary / Benefits
Training are not standardized. Some senior colleagues are not qualified to train people. And the pay was not that attractive. Though the process was not that complicated. Just had to struggle about the tools , would be better to simply or incorporate the application into a 2 or 3.
Pros
Process was highly trainable
Cons
You have to account every minute of your work.
Salary / Benefits
I was completely satisfied with the company. Mangers and colleagues were very nice The facilities are very comfortable that would always make someone excited to go to work.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
shifting schedule
Salary / Benefits
my experience working with QBE is really enjoyable at first. I was part of the pioneering batch of QBE when they started their operation on 2013. It was fun and I enjoy working with Australian peeps. However, as years goes by, the management has been taken over by some Filipinos making the management style not the same from what was the Australian management did.
Salary / Benefits
Fun place to work with entertainment, relaxation and sleeping rooms. My shift starts at 4pm to 1am since we are supporting the UK office with an 8 hour difference to the Philippines. Every month we have different activities in the office that makes life in the office not boring. The hardest part is when we have to go overtime where we will extend up to 7am in the next morning especially during closing period but it is still manageable since the company offers slide shift when rendering overtime.
Salary / Benefits
good working environment,well compensated including benefits ,,training is as its best,the security is on high level and managers are well trained and process are stable
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
A typical day would be to attend several meetings, attend to my team member's needs. monitor their quality of work and take calls and escalations if needed. I learned a lot with regards to managing a team and to improve their work performances. Management is pretty much supportive and we have the same goals. QBE has a freewheeling work environment which is fun most of the time. The hardest part of the job would be the very heavy workload that has to be accomplished and the most enjoyable would be the great people that I work with every day.
Pros
Profit sharing, quarterly prepaid card credits
Cons
Very long hours
Salary / Benefits
It's "okay" given the fact that my job is purely back office with no voice component the salary could be considered high but the caveat is there is no non taxable allowance so the tax deductions are also high.

It is a very stressful environment because management keeps asking for the sky and the moon in terms of output even though it's unreasonable presumably because they don't want everyone to hit the target so they won't have to give out the incentive.
Pros
flexben points quarterly (credit card with preloaded money)
Cons
long hours. not exactly an easy location ( terrible traffic).
Salary / Benefits
The company provides for training and encourages better relationships with brokers to develop relationships and be able to obtain company goals and objectives.
Salary / Benefits
The company is an International company, which provides International products in different part of the world. A very well organized and decent people.