PUREGOLD PRICE CLUB INC

PUREGOLD PRICE CLUB INC Employee Reviews

Philippines551 reviews

Low level positions are under agency but it is a fun workplace bc of the people in your dept

Since it's under agency, it's only minimum, no yearly increase, no incentives, no bonuses, but has benefits. Stressful sometimes but it can help you for your self growth.

Pros

Fun workmates, nice work

Cons

No salary increase/bonus/incentives

Nice workplace

The company has a relaxed environment. However, the pay is really low compared to the work experiences accumulated. Management is trying to address the concerns of employees.

Great experience to be part of Puregold Company.

Employee friendly company with good compensation.Store heads are very approachable for opperational matters specially for those employees who badly needed support to perform their job well.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Overtime

Fun workplace but low salary

It’s fun to work here since the boss and management are very patient to teach you the all around duties in your work. Salary is not that good and no increase.

Pros

Fun workplace, good boss

Cons

12 hour shift, no salary increase

Productive workplace

Working in a supermarket like Puregold was very challenging...there are different kinds of customer with different attitudes.. everyday of my life as cashier i have to be nice to them.focus on my work to avoid errors.

The company doesn't give importance to its employees.

Lack of career advancement. The salary increase is very minimal.Being an auditor at the company will test your courage and patience since there's no boundary between the operation and audit department. If your audit review was not favorable to them you will be pressured every day since you don't have a separate workstation. You will face the store manager/officer daily and they will not treat you well. You will feel outcasted.

Pros

Cons

Lack of career advancement Minimal salary increase Hard to handle workmates

Comfortable working environment have spacious place to rest with.

Normally starts the day by getting the funds or petty cash at the accounting office then having a this ''PEPTALK'' or small conversation at work which is a good advantage for a cashier because it serves as a guide for our everyday task.Having this kind of activity motivates me to improve more to become more efficient and effective towards my job.Working in this company was not that easy but i really enjoyed dealing with different kinds of people and for me thats what a cashier is to be able to satisfy the needs and wants of the customer.No hardest part on the job if you do enjoy them and you are happy with it especially during the payout days from which you will gain the hardnest of your work and thats I am enjoy most with.

Pros

overtime, incentives

Cons

health care

i hope that the management will somehow considered to be more engaging into store operations and not only in the back office.

i hope they could see how their people work in operations and how sick they are and how tiring and exhausted it was to work in such a stressful environtment with monstrous superior.i hope they could consider and acknowledge those who really work hard in the company.there are MANY of thems who are most likely living their lives in that kind of exhaustion without any appraisal or raise from the management itself.thats why MANY of them leave.

Pros

none that i witness.

Cons

tiring.it will drain your soul.

for fresh grad. this company is good for work experience

-no work-life balance-no benefits, no incentives, no rewards,no bonuses,no uniform.-there were politics happening inside; especially when it comes to salary increase.-salary increase depends on evaluation.

Cons

no benefits

You can learn a lot thru seminars and trainings provided by the company for free.

It's fun to work at puregold with all the friendly employees and bosses. They have a very good culture in welcoming the newbies. They provide a very good training to their management trainees. Provides lots of seminars and trainings for the store head and department heads. Provides fun environment with less issue. With established policies like in a corporate world.

Pros

Provides seminars and trainings

Cons

unpredictable working schedule

fun workplace

it is a happy workplace but the salary and compensation they gave is not enough. If you want a long term work maybe it is not the right place

Pros

you will not bring your work at home

Cons

Salary and benefits

Stressfull

We are required to extend 2 to 4 hours of work daily without pay. Once a week straight duty for 15 hours without overtime pay. Area manager are not considerate and not helpful....

stressful day everyday

Overtime was not paidToo much workload for one staffsalary is too lowno career growthyou need to work to other branches if short of manpoweryou cannot just be absent without a reliever

Low salary, toxic environment

There's always a changes with regards to salary. Some are low ,but some have higher than your salary. The newly hired had much higher salary compared to those who are seniors and they said it depends to senior management who are now managing the entire operations. Toxic environment and no professionalism at work in store operations. HRD is too slow in taking actions especially to those employees who commit discourtesy to the management.

Pros

Overtime pay

Cons

Low salary, no retirement pay

Energetic. Productive . Flexible . Dedicated . Punctuality . Professional . Honest . LoyaL

As Encoder is the most enjoyable part of my work . But I want to grow up and try another skills , to expand and increase my knowledge .. Just hoping for my next journeya typical work in Receiving is to Receive the item .. I learn how to check the barcode of the item, the expiry, the unit of measurement, the full description of each item, handle the segregation of the documents of Sales invoice, handle of Free item stock, Encode and Released of Return to Vendor item, and Lastly handle of transfer monitoring . Ive learned a lot in Receiving Department .. The management are so strictly. So some of the employees have a discipline. Our workplace is noisy, low temperature, and always have many people there. The hardest part as a Bad order/Bundling Custodian .. The most enjoyable part is my position as Encoder

Unprofessional employees, toxic environment, worst company

If you are 4 year grad, you better not waste your time in that company. Employees there are very fond of gossiping if who are the couples among employees. I'm telling you its a very toxic company.

Pros

Cons

unprofessional employees

Good for IT Fresh Grads but beware of the typical pinoy culture workplace

This is a good place for IT to start your IT career specially if you are deployed in the strore/branch because you get to experience handling Servers (Windows/Linux) and other retail software/apps. You are basically the store/branch SysAd. This will also make you a good Tech support considering the challenges and struggle of supporting the back office team and other department which consists of mostly non-IT, and Tech Grannys. Not suitable for long term career because this company is definetly a capitalist company and are for profit. No employee engagement whatsoever. Once you're deployed that's it. You'll rot. If you are a current IT employee and read this review, I highly recommend you to gather all the skills and learnings in STRICTLY 1-3 years (3 years is actually too much lol). Of course this company don't know about the words "Work life balance(imagine you work 6 days, OTs are paid so you can pay for the tax deducted on your low base)" "Salary appraisal" "Growth". This review applies to other roles in the back office such Payables, Treasury, HR, Auditors, Admin, etc.

Pros

Good for IT peeps who just graduated.

Cons

-No HMO, traditional rank and file kind of organization(not a good one), Diverse (in not a good way). Growth(what)

si Puregold lang ang Always Panalo

I dont recommend working at puregold. Worst company don't deserve even a single star ”worst management. No positive point. everything is worst here.

Pros

Just a big brand company.

Cons

no benefits

The work is challenging and you will learn a lot

Fun working environment, people will treat you as family. and you will learn a lot about Retail industry. The fun part is that i used to travel to many part of Luzon and Visayas to train and support for the store.

Pros

Chalenging and you will learn a lot.

Cons

Low Salary

Light, workload, Passive knowledge, Chaotic management (Store-based), Fun/friendly colleagues, Shifting schedule

All and all it is fun to work on Puregold Price Club, Inc. it is just that there is no career advancement because they are not investing on their employees such as conducting paid trainings, seminars, etc. Also they must align a good benefits, salary compensation and incentives.

Pros

Light workload, near from home

Cons

No trainings, lack of benefits, skeletal workforce (IT, Treasury, Store Operations)

Resourceful

Just enjoy working there, the management were awesome and very productive they always make an monthly meeting and continue giving us a guidance to us on how to deal with the customers and people we encounter in our everyday work.

Pros

Free time

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUREGOLD PRICE CLUB INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Salary / Benefits
  • PUREGOLD PRICE CLUB INC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?