Publix

Publix

Publix Employee Review

Great Company...Depending on the Store or DM

Overall Publix is a great company with excellent people. Most of my friendships have came from the company. But the stores on an individual basis, can somewhat go in either direction. I always got along with management and did my job to the best of my ability - but I always felt something was lacking. Management doesn't really let you know how valuable you are as an employee or your work until something drastic happens (like you put in your notice). I also try not to point the finger at them TOO MUCH because it also comes down to the District Managers.With the exception of one, the four DMs I've experienced, walk around like royalty and expect to be treated like so by management. The store and dept managers are already overworked, stressed and have a lot on their plates - and DMs don't help at all. They talk down to them, never give them any encouragement and at times, don't even promote their hardwork. It's discouraging when you're the low man on the totem pole, because this is what you have to look forward to in moving up. And the stress from the managers trickles down. Hence, why a lot of employees don't.

Pros

Flexible schedules, Good Pay, Great Benefits

Cons

Stress, Horrible work-life balance, Management

Very kind workmates and productive company!

If I have only a chance to work again in Publix I will not have a second thought! Very perfect work place! The managers are so kind and helpful. My co workers is friendly and caring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Publix Reviews by Job Title

Publix Reviews by Location

• Publix
  • Great Company...Depending on the Store or DM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?