Primer Group of Companies

Primer Group of Companies Employee Reviews for Senior HR Consultant

Found 1 review matching the search
Salary / Benefits
I was hired as a Management Consultant to help the VP for HRD to implement an expansion plan of the company to start-up an additional 20 stores in one year all over the country. Primer Group of Companies is a group of smaller companies that import high-end and luxurious branded consumer products for its upper and middle-class "yuppie" clientele. Its shops are in the high-end malls and stores in major cities of the country. My actual job as it turned out is mostly coaching its five billionaire-owners every afternoon on basic management principles and processes. These wealthy owners are mostly scions of very rich families and have never gone to formal schooling. An additional job is assisting this management team in handling employee discipline matters and various labor legal cases that have resulted from mishandling people supervision processes and procedures. In my short stint in this company, I have installed a basic and advanced system of progressive training in good people management practices and conformance with labor laws for its supervisory and management group. I also have helped in improving its performance management system. I found it extremely challenging to influence the owners to adopt a regular and more formal system of management as they insist on their personal manner of supervision, disciplining, and control, even if they have learned new techniquest during our coaching classes. The result is a high turnover rate and difficulty in sourcing competent experienced staff. In the latter years, coaching has turned into very confrontational meetings which - more...
Pros
Middle management composed of young energetic staff.
Cons