PPG Industries

PPG Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,431 reviews

Good job security / Slow advancement

Typical : Supply large commercial products. Learned : Increased Inventory Management. Enjoyable : Strong Team work Hardest : product mock ups Life Balance

Great work/life balance, great co-workers, rewarding position

End of month was stressful but co-workers were great about helping out if you were having issues with your accounts. Management for the most part was awesome, only a few that were just there for a paycheck.

Pros

Large company that takes care of their employees.

Cons

Making a lot of changes and they weren't all good for the company and employees.

Was a decent place to work

PPG was an ok job. Management was the biggest problem. Hourly employees were union, and management held a constant vendetta over all of us because so. They were always fighting over the union contract. Just was annoying

Work long hours.

The company pays well with great benefits. I wouldn't go back and work for a company that doesn't care for its employees. Most of the new people just worked a few hours or even days after quitting the job.

Fun

Funny and fun place to work people will enjoy to work here come and get the job done then go home For the day. 3 shifts to enjoy and choose from. You would won’t to work here

Horrible company, do not work here!!!!

I’ve been working for this company as a temp for well over a year (along with others) and they aren’t good at communicating on when they plan to hire you on to the company. The pay is low compared to the labor requires. There has been no raises, no PTO, no holiday pay, no set schedule or even end of shift time and last minute notice whenever they tell you you’re working late or coming in on Saturday. If you try to speak up, the supervisors and manager act offended and get angry, it feels like they are oppressing you. There is no actual set position for you to work either, they just throw you around all over the place doing the worst job in the plant that no one else wants to do. A lot of the company employees are blood relatives so nepotism is a big issue. There’s no accessible HR representative. No helpful one at least. There is so many more reasons not to work here other than all of these. STAY AWAY!

Pros

Cons

Literally everything

Interesting work and smart coworkers. Very little room for advancement.

My job primarily involves organic synthesis. The research is very interesting and the people are good (for the most part). My experience has been hampered by a very bad supervisor and basically zero opportunity for promotions.The company as a whole is improving. DE&I is really being pushed, and paternity leave has been drastically improved. However, the company still has its roots in conservative Western PA, so it is still behind the times in many ways. Pay has been relatively stagnant and people are starting to leave for higher paying positions that are still in Pittsburgh.

Decent place to work

It's a conglomerate, so you're just a number for the most part. Turnover is high. Decent people to work with and they take DEI seriously. Overworked though and unhappy.

stressful and unappreciated

the management and "corporate" mentality is the biggest draw back. Local management makes the job much harder than it has to be. They do not look out after their hardworking employees, but cater to the slackers. High turn over and constant demand to add more to your job list but not willing to accommodate with pay for taking on extra tasks or being flexible. The job is not difficult, management makes it stressful. not much room for advancement unless you want to only be a yes man and take advantage of your coworkers. PPG claims they hire from with in and have room for growth but they stifle the advancement. safety repairs are not tackled proficiently. They want to cook a hamburger for you or cater in a meal occasionally to make up for the stress and lack of respect shown.

Oportunidade de Aprendizado e aceitar desafios

Empresa dá liberdade para o funcionário aprender, se desafiar e ter acesso à tarefas de maior complexidade

Pros

Visibilidade, Colaboração, Ambiente de trabalho

Cons

PLR, Salários na média

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PPG Industries?

Good pay, bad management

Pay is great, management feels distant. Rotating shift is awful. Did not enjoy the people i worked with. All bad mouthed the company none stop and tried to tell me to leave before starting. Not sure why they stay. Oh yeah cause the pay is great.

Micromanagement

Category managers are overwhelmed. CPO is overly controlling and does not allow for others to have an opinion. Pay was good, work life balance was non-existent.

Ambiente pesimo

Poco profecionales y un ambiente pesado y a la hora de reclutar personal son muy despectivos

Pros

Retiro

Cons

Ambiente pesado

Stack up some cash then dash

This place has the potential to be a great place to work if they got away from the schedule. Rotation shifts, a lot of responsibility's, working with or around dangerous chemicals. The pay is good but what is required of the job could be better. A lot of overtime. Common to work months on end without a day off. People are nice but can only go so far before they burn out.

Excellent Company

Excellent company to work for, highly recommend. Management will look after your needs and will help if you need it, average salary but great customers.

Excelente empresa

Se preocupa mucho por sus empleados, tiene buenas prestaciones y el ambiente de trabajo es muy respetuoso. Me gusta mucho trabajar aquí :-)

Pros

Prestaciones, ambiente de trabajo, flexibilidad, cultura organizativa

Disorganized with new leadership every year

Management is regularly recycled and replaced. Anytime someone who is in charge and doesn't make the business do well gets fired and a new restructuring takes place. Terribly low morale amongst workers. It's always we are not doing well. We need to do better. How can we do better? Here we need you to work 60 hours this week so don't have anything expect being here at PPG so we can keep grasping what little business we have left because we are so ill run and the bosses are out to lunch.

Stay clear

Terrible management, nonexistent leadership. Unfair business practices that prevent one from achieving one’s potential. No work-life balance, no recognition, no performance based compensation - although they say they have it, they find ways to not pay it.

Pros

The paychecks are on time and don’t bounce.

Cons

Everything else.

Ppg

Old school company lacking an inclusive, diverse atmosphere. Compensation is on the low end for how many hours you actually work. The work was interesting.

Cons

Compensation; Long hours; Culture

Good place to work but lot of hours

Very good job to have if you need money. The hourly rate could be better but you compensate the loss of pay with overtime. There is a lot of overtime at this workplace being to so many vacant positions. It’s a 24/7 operation so it never stops and there is a lot of vacancies there. Supervision here is the best that I have ever had at any job I’ve ever had. They were all understanding and didn’t push you to do your job. They would give you a task and let you do it and help if you needed it. All of the supervisors were skilled enough to know what they were doing.

Pros

Meal tickets after 10 hours

Cons

Long hours and lots of overtime

Hated it

Very clicky. No one cared about you just about if your work was completed in time. Higher management were a joke. Old Boys together if you dared to speak out your days were numbered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PPG Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • PPG Industries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?