How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

PPD Employee Reviews

Philippines9 reviews
Salary / Benefits
A challenging environment that will definitely test one's character and patience. Good salary and benefits. Although the department is more strict now than ever.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is answering emails, processing of payments and solving issues on each regions. The company is a fast phase environment, but once in a while have fun activities to de-stress.
Pros
Transpo and other allowances
Salary / Benefits
Worked in the Pharmacovigilance Department. There's a strong clinical training management that enables you to perform your work according to SOP's and contractual protocols. The downside is the lack of stability of procedures. There's just too many of them which, if a one time overhaul, would have prevented a series of changes. Management does not realize how difficult it is to work on a new process almost every week and they simply do not care.

Managers of Pharmacovigilance esp. in the night shift are ill equipped in terms of people management and professional communications skills. Most of them have no management experience prior to becoming managers. Upper management is always toyed with the idea of 2-3 years experience rich with sound and technical expertise. For them, it is enough for managerial positions regardless of whether you have ACTUAL management experience.

Middle level management in PPD Pharmacovigilance Department is becoming cheap
Pros
Free coffee, salary is within the average pay in the industry
Cons
No OT, ureasonable quota of cases, stupid managers, the company does not follow some statutory obligations under the Labor Code of the Philippines, HR thinks company policies are superior than labor laws
Salary / Benefits
Good management and team leads.
Able to cope up with unfamiliar environment with the help of mentors.

I enjoyed working because of the people around me.
Salary / Benefits
PPD is located in different countries globally allowing one to interact with other cultures.
Fun company to work at and most especially is supportive to its employees.

When one is seeking for growth, PPD is the place to work in.
Salary / Benefits
PPD is a company with extensive expertise in the conduct of clinical trials. Its employees are flexible and dedicated. Unfortunately there are many in middle management who lack the people skills to effectively motivate and manage departments.
Pros
Many decentralized positions. Strong training programs.
Cons
Unreasonable work/life balance (typically 60+ hours a week with no overtime or comp time), and many in middle management promoted beyond their abilities.
Salary / Benefits
I learned to get along with other people. The company help you grow as an employee. They have a good management. the company treat you as part of the family.
Salary / Benefits
Check my email for study specific requirements. Do listings review and query close out, reconciliation and report generation, Regular generation of metrics report. Regular communication to leads and other members of the team in the study. Most enjoyable part of the job is that acquiring new knowledge and skills and learning how to be independent and resourceful. And that at the end of the day, I have accomplished a task.
Salary / Benefits
I am ahome based CRA, although the company has a local office which we may visit whenever we need to file and review essential documents. I start the day by reading emails and since all of our studies are done globally, I would expect mails from diffrent places around the globe and the the culture barrier seems not evident. Everybody is very polite and objective. All of us are very much knowledgeble of the company's goals and each decison that we make are always based on the reaching our goals and metrics. The management are very supportive and motivates us to work better and provided objective criticism with a suggestion that are really helpful. One thing I have learned from PPD is how to manage time better and prioritize each tasks based on its urgency and importance. As I am handling 3 studies at the same time and managing a total of 18 sites, it is very important that none of them are left out as all sponsors are equally important and relevant to the company. Also , Ihave learned to work independently as it is required from me, being a Home based CRA. The hardest part of the job, I guess, was managing hand over clinical trials which have ran for several years before it was passed on. It was difficult because when you find issues that should have been picked up earlier, sites would always come back to you and ask , why this deviaton/ issue was only picked up now. However, I have learned to stand beyond all of these and have explained to the sites about the quality management that I am putting in and by providing them with some retraining most especially of the ICH - GCP guidelines. - more...
Pros
good compensation and benefits, productive and objective workplace.
Cons
very high workload, very much driven by the financial goals vs the quality of the trial