Popeye's Restaurants

Clear
2.8Salary & Benefits

Found 94 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,693 reviews

Fun Workplace

Loved working at Popeyes co workers are wonderful.They do not follow health and safety standards all the time and never have sceduels done ever on time. Scedules are night before week shift start. Always excuses for repairs and cheap pay rate.

No mans land

The most mediocre position they could offer a person. No benefits but u will inherent stress for this position. Oh and favoritism is well known through out this.

Easy

Good pay not that bad requires work and dedication, if you're willing to work hard and play by the rules you'll do just fine. You can expect to earn between 50k-75k a year.

It was okay

It was an okay job, no real benefits and no bonuses or anything like that. Pay is very average and the work is very average unless your lazy. Its okay

Beginner job for kids

Good people, terrible management or recognition of hard work. Little to no room for growth. The promise of a raise is loose and is only there to string you along long enough for your mandatory raise to kick in. And they'll use that as an excuse to not recognize your hard work and reward you.

It’s stressful and high ups show no sympathy

Working for Popeyes is like working for a sweat shop your under paid they treat you poorly and hardly ever train you. And the high ups will feed you a whole bunch of lies but will never go through with it I been work here for 4 years and still no raise but I was told many times I would get one

Terrible

The first place by far corrupt and very unpredictable unorganized and so horrible I hated my job and the staff was worse not great pay or really anything good except the insurance benefits and the time off was good for family but other than that it want great very hard to manage the time there

Not worth the job or the pay

The pay isn’t worth it And the job is nothing to It’s not worth it at all the job nothing stands out you don’t get paid Fridays you get paid Mondays nothing else is good

They are fake and smile in your face and when your not there they put u down

They don't value good employees they are not a good company to work for. The favoritism is horrible the pay isn't fair the team itself doesn't work together

Not a place to make a career

This is a job to start or get things rolling as far as work. This isn’t a place I’d consider making a career this company barely offer anything not benefits for anyone lower than a general manager everyone else jus get a pay check

Pros

The work is easy

Cons

No benefits

Easy place to work but no appreciation

Easy place to work, but is usually a dirty place, costumer can be extremely rude but they always right, management and corporate just care about making money and forget about their employees.

Pros

Free lunches, flexible schedule

Cons

0 benefits, no pay enough, mandatory unpaid breaks

Bad management and higher ups

They overwork and use their employees. Make you do over 100hrs and no compensation, there’s no respect and it’s everyone for themselves. Very hostile environment. Bad place to work.

Pros

Cons

Forced breaks. No vacation, no holidays. Nothing

Great place to work under the right general manager.

It's a good way to gain experience into fast food management and customer service. However, the workload is 2X more than crewmembers for a $1 raise. Shift managers are underpaid and undervalued, but working here taught me many skills, and also helped me get another job.

Pros

Great learning experience, extra hours often available, very nice store in a good area.

Cons

Shift leaders undervalued, very high expectations, heavy workload sometimes, random schedule.

Poor upper management

I worked for the company for 6 years as a shift manager and had a less than positive experience. The individual store experience really depends on management there, but overall had very negative interactions with upper management like district managers and regional managers. If you are a good worker, they will work you as much as they possibly can, but will pay you poorly. In my time as a shift manager, I had one raise over 6 years, even though I was the person that was called when help was needed every single time. Good for a short gig, but don’t stay longer than a few months

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

long shifts, bad pay

Treated like just another person

I was a member with Popeyes for over 3 years. I was never offered a promotion or raise- I had to call the hotline to receive the proper manager pay. The work environment was also extremely hostile and cliques was formed including with the managerial staff. Popeyes never offered PTO and they also never gave their employees the hazard pay for essential workers. You were punished if you needed personal days off by getting taken off the schedule and the manager allowed workers who was out on quarantine from school to come to work during that quarantine period. If a worker was to get sick with COVID we were advised to just watch for symptoms but still come to work, even though we were more than likely already around that coworker. They didn’t give anyone pto for quarantine days either. The talk to you with lack of respect and they try to over work their staff to compensate for the lack of workers they have scheduled that day. Overall, with the right management in place, Popeyes is a lovely place to work but the Sebring location needs tremendous help. That is why I chose to leave my position with Popeyes recently.

Cons

No breaks for management, no pto, no raise opportunity, punished for personal days

Amazing coworkers

This was my first job at 16 and it honestly was such a good job. The customers are literally insane and terrible, but the coworkers and store managers are amazing and friendly. I hope the friendships I made there never end. I was promoted to shift manager at 17. Upper management and corporate expect and demand way to much and treated us like ****. They once didn’t fix our fryer fans and it was so smoky we all got coughs and the fire alarm went off. They don’t pay management well and don’t pay benefits so I have to leave. But it was an extremely hard decision because of my coworkers, my friends.

Pros

Free lunch, good team

Cons

Short/no breaks, bad upper management

Worse 6 years of my life

I legit only stayed because I was young and you got to meet a lot of people your age. If you didn’t mind hard back breaking labor and long hours just to make overtime then hey its the perfect job. The owner was middle easter and prejudice, the upper management all stole from the safe Lmfaoo. I eventually left after I realized my worth.

Pros

Meeting young people

Cons

No benefits, no raises, terrible owner

Productive and Hard working environment.

Its a good place where you have to work hard to survive . Very low salary. And also low hours . Sometimes you feel bad working in a place where customers are not gentle.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Low Salary

They do not care

Unless you're a manager you don't get a free meal. They don't train you, they just throw into the job. Management doesn't care about any of the employees. Most of the time you don't get breaks; either very short staffed or they just say no. Shift managers talk bad about everyone. If you have to leave early they give a rude snarky remark. If there's something on the warmers and the timer goes off they just reset the timer instead of throwing it out like they're supposed to do. They will yell at you for not being trained even though they didn't train you.

Pros

Managers get 1 free meal

Cons

No breaks, management doesn't care, old food

Very collaborative in nature

You can learned different things. Very collaborative work. A diverse community. You will develop interpersonal skills, can upgrade your communication and non-verbal skills. A busy workplace. Management is supportive with the employees needs. You will need to work fast at all times. Observing all company policies and procedures as well as the food safety procedures.

benefits

Cons

not really

Fast paced but good

If you are short tempered then this company is not meant for you. Everyone works in this company which is a good sign. But overall I would say it is fairly good company to work for. Owners are good understanding. They listen to staff if approached. Salary is good if you deserve. I would surely recommend this company.

Pros

Free lunch for managers. 50% for others. Free drinks

Cons

If you can work then no cons