Plan International

Plan International Employee Reviews

Philippines33 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Happy and contented with Plan International Inc. More on paper works and very collaborative team.very good salary and benefits. Lots of learnings and i am contented enough.
Salary / Benefits
Plan is an international humanitarian, child centered community development organization without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Plan’s vision is a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Working with children, their families and communities in 46 of the world’s poorest countries, Plan today is one of the world’s largest international development organizations, committed to the well being of children and to support the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Plan is an equal opportunity employer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the position works closely with communities in transforming their lives, through hands on

mobilization and facilitation of communities in the implementation of WASH projects in the Area Program in contributing to the attainment of child well-being aspirations.

A very competitive salary, benefit and career.
Salary / Benefits
The company is located in Borongan City, I'am so thankful for being part of the company for my internship, because I able to enhance my skills and ability to become more confident in the corporate world.
Salary / Benefits
They are open to people to give opportunity. It is fun working at Plan International. I learned a lot from my supervisors. They have allowed me to grow on opportunities throughout my working experience at Plan.
Salary / Benefits
collect demographic, economic and housing data on behalf of the Philippine Municipal Census Bureau or in the Local Government Unit. They are responsible for canvassing neighborhoods, then documenting and reporting the information.
Salary / Benefits
I only work part-time yet I had a fun experience and learned a lot from the job experience. The management is effective and efficient. The workplace culture is very professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to visit new places and people.
Pros
Free accomodation, food, and transportation.
Cons
Distance of work from home.
Salary / Benefits
your knowledge and skill will be enhanced in this company. you will meet new people. working on a team on this company is fun and very challenging. that's the best part.
Salary / Benefits
So far it shows good Values-Based Leadership, People and Culture, the values help to foster a culture of openness, accountability and transparency and also to create a learning culture within Plan International, which allows innovation, experimentation and learning from our mistakes. They are also intended to help us attract new staff who share our ambitious goals for children
Salary / Benefits
The institution is steadfast and proactive in its advocacy for ending child poverty in the areas where it implements its programs. Cordial relationship of employees.
Pros
Good compensation and health insurance package
Cons
Long hours of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plan International?
Salary / Benefits
Very challenging work environment towards community development. Helps community empowerment including children. Facilitates family to meet basic needs by providing skills training and other.
Salary / Benefits
Plan International Inc. is a child centered organisation that promotes the quality of life to those vulnerable children.I worked as Community Development Facilitator that covered two barangays. The Program had three component; livelihood,Infrastructure and Disaster Risk Reduction. I learned so many things and improved my skills as CDF through learning by doing,training attended and the mentoring of my supervisors.I thank to the Plan International for being with us and for uplifting the families affected by typhoon haiyan in eastern visayas.
Pros
I enhanced my knowledge in organizing.
Cons
I served only for a year.
Salary / Benefits
Coordination and working with colleagues on training, assessment, direct activities and working with communities and government agencies.
Salary / Benefits
in this kind of job, you are always working in the community and collaborating with partners which improves your communication and strategy skills. also, you can practice your management and implementation skills through proper implementation of the project. I learned how to be flexible and adjust with difficulty of workloads. I organized papers in documents in the office. I am enjoying my stay in Samar because my co-staffs are supportive as well as our partners. my life and work are balance because I have outlet to manage my stress.
Salary / Benefits
-making reports and monitoring projects
-learned to communicate with people effectively

-able to care for their workers

-team players

-to go on difficult areas

-applying my knowledge and skills in my job
Pros
medical/insurance benefits
Salary / Benefits
Learned so much from this NGO, they have a good relationship between management and with their staff and they let us share our knowledge in everyday work, they support/ acknowledge every ideas we are sharing or giving. This institution is a one of the best company i have ever been.
Salary / Benefits
Community organizing at the grassroots were very exciting. I have known the pressing needs of the people. Sometimes it was hard to convince them to make their lives productive.
Pros
Laundry allowance
Cons
Still working at wee hours specially during and after calamities
Salary / Benefits
Wonderful sharing of knowledges and experiences in livelihoods and DRR with Plan International and helping the sustainability and development of the Typhoon Haiyan Affected Population in Eastern Samar.
Pros
Working in different places
Cons
Extended Working Hours
Salary / Benefits
Self motivated and fun workplace with my out of school student.I learned how to use time management and how to deal with them through act joining together. About the management was so amazing.and the co-workers as well. The hardest part of my job is to have a home visit students for those who are not able to go to the learning center.and most enjoyable part of my job..all your students passed the national exam..
Pros
no bonus
Cons
short hours
Salary / Benefits
Its been a while since I worked in Plan International Philippines started at December 20, 2013 and End of Contract on April 30, 2016.
It was an accomplished trials in life and in the work place and in dueling with stressful work but above all that the formation of strong friendship between work mates and beneficiaries, it was heart warming and stress relieved through the hospitality of different Plan beneficiaries in Plan Areas. It was actually the best experience in my life.
Pros
Free meals in every orientation conducted of Plan
Cons
Long Hours in work
Salary / Benefits
Encoding from 8 am - 5 pm was the job given to me. Anything that needed to be encoded, i encode it. i sometimes correct words/phrase or numbers with the authority an official. It's fun working their because co-workers/friends were so polite, when i ask to correct something they always responds immediately.
Salary / Benefits
I was assigned at the Educational department with its sponsor the Germany national officce. I love my co-workers at Plan, we always have funny moments. but not forgetting about our job. when its working hour we solely work and in break time we can discuss something that can take away stress. I love working at Plan international because they help out-of-school children in far flung and conflicted areas of Sarangani and Maguindanao, respectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we went into their respective barangays (18 in Sarangani and 6 in Maguindanao), we were approached by the community with sincere welcome and it feels good. They happy that some people visited and helped their children and them. But since the program finished last March 2016, the communities are worried for the sustainability of their children's schooling program. Good thing that the government and the depart of education adopted the program. Now communities, Local Government units and Deped are working together to sustain the program that were given to them.
Pros
free snacks