PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATION

PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATION Employee Reviews

Philippines24 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I was in the Labor office forv12 years to be honest. Fear labor company. Good compensation and good company. Listen to what the problem is , and help people with fear compensation.
Salary / Benefits
It provided me enough knowledge on what to expect in the industrial setting. It has a welcoming and approachable environment which makes the training place a good ambiance which made the trainees comfortable and immense knowledge in guiding and helping me throughout my entire Practicum in the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration.
Salary / Benefits
I was an intern when i entered this company and been handled in the Human Resource Department Division and in there they thought me how to update 201 files of the employee, update blue cards and to log all the received papers and also the outgoing papers in the division.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
No allowance
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot of things that makes me improved. I leaned how to deal with different kinds of people and how to handle pressures. i Assigned at Prosecution Division i learned how to handle customer complaints.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8hrs
Salary / Benefits
Minimal career development yet a fruitful experience working with co-employees, and other clients. It was indeed a humbling ride to be part of this institution; to be of service to my fellow Filipinos especially to those who are in state of distress.
Pros
Paid regular holidays
Cons
Heavy workload and low compensation
Salary / Benefits
I had a lot of friends in Philippine Overseas and Employment Administration. People were very kind and easy to get along with. They were very disciplined and well-mannered people.
Salary / Benefits
a typical day of work in POEA is no joke. the employees, specially in the Balik Manggagawa dept. have to attend to thousands of clients everyday not to mention their complaints and other queries. Our internship taught us to be patient and really dedicated in providing service to fellow countrymen.
Pros
Public service
Cons
Substandard utilities in POEA
Salary / Benefits
It is fun to work there but the traffic that i don't enjoyed, im from bulacan. My coworkers are good and happy to work with even off to work, i miss working there...
Salary / Benefits
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Highly trainable, fast learner and flexible

• Good organizational and documentation skills

• Can easily adjust to change and relate well to the people from a variety of cultures.
Cons
8 Hours
Salary / Benefits
POEA, is a Government that will help all the people, especially a OFW's workers. and All the employees at the POEA is happy to serve and willing to help all the people.
Pros
Cons
It Depends on me
Salary / Benefits
POEA is nice place all government because all people here is kind and approachable.
Im the one to assist the client and record all papers,and front of the counter to reach people who really need help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
10hours
Salary / Benefits
My working hours here is 8 am to 5 pm. All of my clients were basically Overseas Filipino Workers, we cater for about 1000 people everyday releasing the Overseas Exit Clearance or pass for the workers who just stayed for a short vacation in our country and go back with their employers abroad. I learned basically the skill of communicating and connecting with different kinds of people with different kinds of attitude. I can proudly say that i can handle such difficult conversations with other people , it is because in this line of work as a front liner we are expose to difficult situations and conversations. There will be the hardest part of the job once a client shout at us because we refuse to release the Overseas clearance and as an authority we stand firm and demand the rules and regulations that the Philippine agency needs in order to process their clearance. While this kind of scenario is being usual in our daily work , i had the lesson that i absorbed , the secret of handling difficult situatuion is the communication. It is very important to listen while you speak, after listening well you can think then after thinking, you can speak. Listening is the number one rule for an effective conversation. The most enjoyable is learning other peoples concern,stories and their lives working abroad.
Pros
being a civil servantitself
Cons
no healthcare, lack of cash benefits
Salary / Benefits
It is an agency of the gov. Of the phil. Responsible for opening the benefits of the overseas employment program of the philippines.
Salary / Benefits
The work environment is good as well as the employees from AMERASIA Division Landbased Center. I had fun having my last on-the-job-training in POEA.
Salary / Benefits
Most of the tasks that I've been experienced in the POEA was so unforgettable. i got to do things that I never experienced before. Like talking and helping people at the same time. I learned how to be comfortable with clients as long as my co-workers, and how to be polite and be patience with different kind of persons.And I also experienced how to be a professional employee.
Salary / Benefits
i have learn so many things in this institution. it improves my personality and it inhance my confidence to deal with the clients in the everyday working flows. It is a government agency i assisted the OFWs and they teach a step by step process to make it better.
Salary / Benefits
As a trainee at POEA it is very fruitful and productive everyday, i learned how to organize papers, analyze data, and other accounting matters. My workplace is very good, my bosses and co-trainee are very easy to approach they are so hospitable. And i know there is no easy job but what i enjoyed during my training is when i accomplish things that i am tasked for.
Salary / Benefits
Assisted returning foreign workers to obtain proper documentation from the agency.
Enhanced knowledge about being humble and professional.
Pros
open communication
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you look a client smiling and feeling satisfied on how you handled his or her concern.
I met a lot of people from all walks of life with different personalities.
Pros
Working overtime
Cons
Healthcare
Generates OFW (Landbased and Seabased) information sheet;
Receive / dispatch, register/ records, file and prioritize all incoming and outgoing communications;

Handles and answers operations queries, follow-ups and other concerns.
Salary / Benefits
My work Philippine Overseas Employment Administration is such a fun and informative experience, my bosses and other On-the-job-trainee's were all polite and respectful. Its a great start for me.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATION. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2