Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

great corporation

it was an excellent corporation that it helps the needy to access health care in the Philippines. Its a government owned corporation that caters health insurance for Filipino people.
Salary / Benefits

Front line job depletes energy but at the end of the day you'll feel fulfilled.

Typical scenario is that clients comes in enormous number, and per client you need to spend 6-8 minutes per transaction to attend to not less than 80 clients a day. As to learning, different people means different personality and attitude. I learned to be versatile in dealing with people; to add, culture also contributes, and being a frontliner, I have to adjust on my dealings. Management in general looks to the welfare of their employees, benefits were given to the former. Among co-employees, there is unity and camaraderie. We help each other. Difficult situation is when there is no client, you look at the wall clock and you want that it's end of day's work. I enjoy communicating to clients and resolving their problems as well as answering their queries,

Pros

Break (Snack)

Cons

Week end (No Work)

Productive and Full service company

I have a lot of learnings with regards on being an intern in Philhealth, I also adopt the culture of serving the public corteously and productively. Its very tiring and stressful to interact with a huge numbers of people everyday yet it was a very helpful and adventurous one.

Pros

well-descipline

Cons

quite stressful

Multi tasking is a must

As it is said on the review summary box. You need to be a multi-tasker. Being in a administrative sectiona I learned a lot of process flow in a management. Inside that process you need to become flexible to work well with your team. Fortunately me co workers were well established and it is not hard for me to adjust. The hardest part of my job was coordinating with other branches without meeting them in person. I am having a hard time talking with them over the phone but I managed to do my work really well. And finally, even though working was really hard the best part is hearing your boss appreciating your work and effort.

Pros

Allowances

Cons

More allowance for the contractors

excellent learning experiences

Great working place. Supportive supervisors. Gives a lot of learning to every employees. Open doors for great opportunities. Practice social solidarity.

Pros

seminars, bonuses

Cons

schedule is on rotation basis

Salary / Benefits

quality and competitive work experience

typical day at work is working at the office for 8 hrs for 7 days a week and catering to a number of clients with regards to health insurance membership registration, updates and answering queries regarding contribution and claims benefit. further coordinates with various health care professionals with regards to existing and new policies of the corporation. able to manage express operations as a whole: including time, resources, manpower and general management with minimum supervision. co-workers are all professionals and goal oriented. hardest part of the job is the technical aspect. having to cater to clients during system failure. enjoyable part of the job is the daily satisfaction of being the bridge that coordinates the government's updated and improved healthcare policies to various health professionals and clients.

Pros

with travel and food allowance, bonuses

Cons

job security

productive

* Encoding everyday * Time Management Human Behavior * Good the Management but sometimes changes of Head/Supervisor * Have individual and unique character behavior they are some funny, serious * the hardest thing is preparing some report * enjoyable part united all department of office for assessment, training and workshop

Cons

Overtime pay

Productive workplace.

I worked as a Information officer that answer queries of the clients. Check their details on every form before going to clerk to encode. Encode payment of the IMP and check the RF1 before encoding. Sometimes encoder/clerk.
Salary / Benefits

Good working environment and co employees

Daily duties and responsibilities of an Human Resource Management Officer. Good company and employees to work with

Productive and good office

I totally grow in this company. I learn a lot specially on how to mananage many kind of attitude or personality of clients. My co workers are very supportive and friendly.
Salary / Benefits

Maintaining filling systems & Typing / Preparation of documents Answering of Phone and Screen Calls Take and relay Messages Provide Information to callers Fax, scan and photocopy of documents as required. Maintain orderliness of the reception area.

Cons

Long Hours

to much politics

NOT PLACE TO WORK due to very bad politics, work and benefits are not balance.

gives good work experience

good paying job and aspiring to be a world class social health insurance
Salary / Benefits

A government corporation that developed my skills and profesionalism

I worked for twelve years in this company where I was assigned as Member Officer II for seven years and assigned as Claim Adjudicator, Proofreader, and Voucher Preparation key personnel for five years. Most of my time as member officer where focused on reviewing membership forms forwarded by different sectors namely government, private, individually paying, and indigent member. Our daily tasks was to meet the daily quota with accuracy in documentation for appropriate information and proper filing of needed data. We have a constant communication with the Social Security Office, National Statistic Office, and other government agencies that could verify and provide us with accurate data when discrepancy arises. On the other hand, claims adjudicator tasks trained me to become more focus on details. We also have to meet the projected quota and this task also served as my exposure with medical terminologies since the claims came directly from hospitals of different categories. Our medical team did the coding and our team as adjudicator did the computation and determined the allowable reimbursable amount.

Pros

Good benefits, Bonuses, Allowances, paid vacations, leaves, and holidays, Corporate sports activities, free child day care, Company outings, Team builiding and workshops.

Salary / Benefits

Productive at work and can be an asset to the company

Can work at my own phase with minimal supervision, a responsible worker even without the boss, meet deadlines. Can work with co-workers with different personalities. My co-workers need an assistance i will help them in one way or the other. With patience in dealing with clients everyday. Just be calm to clients who are getting angry and pamper them with respect.

Excellent customer service.

The Corporation look after their employees. Our health benefits and hazard pay are covered. Employees are always updated in new policies and office orders.

productive good work environment

attending to urgent matters what to prioritized, and be systematic all communications, reports and issuance of special order are on time and endorsed to concerned offices/personnel public service

Pros

flexible time

Salary / Benefits

Prestigious corporation, good benefits, career growth, personnel development

My work as a Board Secretary trained me to become more responsible and be able to maintain composure and focus even under pressure. My work requires a lot of pressure in the preparation and gathering all documents and materials needed to be discussed during corporate board meetings as well as executive committee meetings. Afterwhich i am responsible in drafting the minutes of every meeting and transcribing this verbatim. Aside from these i attend to other duties such as preparing business correspondences, office memos. The most enjoyable part of the job is whenever we held meetings in out of town places. we have bonding with my superiors and officemates after a month long pressure. Work is manageable and fun with cooperative officemates who share in everyday's work pressure.

Pros

free lunch and am/pm snacks during meetings

Cons

short breaks, works overtime without pay

Productive and good corporation

For 12 years of exerience there i really earned more knowledge in my background work.

Pros

veri good time schedules

Cons

exact time schedules
Salary / Benefits

The thing that i can say, if i have a good work, i am married with it and will love it.

Well, my day at work will start by entertaining customer queries with a smile, helping them in availing benefits of our insurance company.
Salary / Benefits

productive workplace. mostly on government service related to delivery of quality healthcare

evaluates and reviews applications of health care providers applying for accreditation. manages 6 staff in accreditation and quality assurance and 33 nurses directly involved in patient/customer care in different hospitals

Pros

service oriented

Cons

low or unstable benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3