Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

great corporation

it was an excellent corporation that it helps the needy to access health care in the Philippines. Its a government owned corporation that caters health insurance for Filipino people.
Salary / Benefits

Healthy work environment with opportunity for professional growth.

Mostly analyzing audit results, reviewing reports, preparing audit reports for submission to the Chief Audit Executive, meetings and preparing for audit activity. My work entails field activity where we gather data for analysis and which may be used by the Management for Policy Development. It made me more analytical, instill in my person the value of integrity and a higher social awareness. PhilHealth is a government owned and controlled corporation and professionalism is part of its culture. Although, politics sometimes get in the way of the work environment the professional maturity in the workplace see it through. The hardest part of the job is in way you have to be away from home for more than a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to assist its client, especially the less fortunate, get to different places. I was sent to the UAE, Hong Kong and Macau as part of my work. I have the opportunity to meet and assist people from almost all walks of life.

Pros

free food, accommodation and transportation when on field

Cons

being away from home usually for a week

very productive

This is my first job so i was very excited.. My co-workers was kind and easy to be with, my boss is the best among the rest. The work is enjoyable and inspirable..

benefits

Cons

far from home
Salary / Benefits

the employee there are professionals

 Assist in the day-to-day running of the Accounts Office.  Carrying out other duties as assigned. Sorting of checks the employee there teach us in all that we do in the office, esp. their works.
Salary / Benefits

Productive workfunplace nice environment and nice people

Had friends,and learnt a lot of things that i can use to gain more knowledge and will be able to help me to be a better person and improve myself to success in life.

Pros

Cons

8hours

Productive and Enjoyable Workplace with lots of compensation

I usually handle queries, membership data amendments and registration. I learned a lot in here and one of those is teamwork. Being able to work as a group. The hardest part of the job is to meet the client's need, considering everything they need. You have to be at your earnest to fulfill their request at a given time. But in all aspects, I enjoyed this job because it challenges me. Because it utilizes my interpersonal skills.

Pros

Generous compensations

Cons

Pressure
Salary / Benefits

Working at PhilHealth taught me a lot of things. I learned to be more patient, understanding and be mindful. Every working day is like an eye opener to the reality. Sometimes it's tiring, but all is worth it.

Cons

Deadlines and Quota
Salary / Benefits

nice working place and good management

everyday was a work in progress. i learned how to deal with different clients. my co-workers are all friendly and accomodating. there was never a hard time working in this company

Pros

free seminars and trainings
Salary / Benefits

Deals with hospital medical reimbursements

The most enjoyable part of the job is having an access to actual ICD 10 and medical billing experience, plus I can relate to medical cases and diagnosis due to my profession.

Pros

Good benefits
Salary / Benefits

productive and meeting deadlines always, happy

typical day at work, employees doing their jobs, merely have time to talk. I learned to be more productive and sensitive on my job's calling, to be more aggressive specially meeting deadlines. hardest part of the job is leaving the job everyday. and the most enjoyable part of the job is having the time to smile and talk to your friends for a while.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation?

fun but low salary

learned more on computer skills/encoding learned a lot outside the clinical area of nursing however, it is low paying job and takes 5-10 years in order to be a regular/permanent employee..otherwise, we remain as contractuals,
Salary / Benefits

Productive and tries its best to give employees benefits and job security

I am happy working at PhilHealth. Employees have opportunities to advance and grow, benefits are good. Management tries their best to provide better benefits, staffs are friendly and hardworking.
Salary / Benefits

Work at PhilHealth had been quite challenging

1) Work at the Branch/Service Office in Laguna is always a busy and productive work day. 2) I have been able to further my Customer Service Experience having individuals and company/organizations as clientele on a daily basis. 3) Employees are treated like one big family at the Branch Office 4) Since it is a government owned and controlled corporation, politics is a very difficult aspect of the organization to deal with.

office wrkshop

answering the telephone /  Assist customers in finding their choice of items or escort them to the right shelves  Keep a complete track of number and type of sales performed each day  Ensure that any price changes put on items immediately  Manage customers’ refunds and returns  Provide sales training to new hires and assist them during the induction phase

Pros

free food

Cons

12 hours

For experience

It was a work learning experience for me. I considered this as my first real job. Working there for almost two months was fine. I mean I was able to know better what PhilHealth is all about.
Salary / Benefits

Stress free environment and friendly co-workers

The company is great. Great work place. Great facilities. Great bosses. Friendly co- workers. Not that kind of strict bosses. Freedom to take a leave.

Pros

free lunch and bonuses

Cons

long hours of work

Supportive Management

Customer Service to our members that were having problems on availment of their benefits. Learned a lot on customer service and on health insurance matters. Management was supportive and co-workers have a good team work and coordination. Hardest part of the job was having a sudden workload with out even explaining properly on what to do. But most enjoyable part is when the client was satisfied with the service rendered

Pros

Allowances

Cons

Rotation every two months

productive and fun workplace

Arrived before 8 am then review my activity for the day and then start receiving clients and answers some of their concerns. Call those delinquent employers to remind them about their monthly contribution, then do some posting on their reports. I've learned that work is easily done when your focus on it and by having extra mile you'll be able to feel your worth as a worker. The management have been very supportive as well as co-workers. Job is naturally hard but as long as you'll get use to it things will be very easy. The most enjoyable part is that we take it fun but prosuctive,

Pros

free snacks

Cons

no noon break
Salary / Benefits

family oriented work schedule but poor benefits.. we enjoy weekends/holidays off and office hours work but no monthly benefits given

Routine type of work on weekdays. A very challenging job in terms of dealing with highly toxic clients. A friendly environment though crab mentality is always up. Hardest part of the job is being poorly compensated despite the loads of work you do. I really enjoyed anniversary and Christmas bonus where food is free and entertainment is held

Pros

office hours, weekends and holidays off

Cons

no benefits, project based-contract

Front Line Officer

Being a front line officer you have to accommodate 75 to 90 clients a day. The clients are stakeholders of the law Republic Act 10606 (Philippine Health Insurance Corporation), the clients are, as follows: a.) Working Class b.) Self-Employed c.) Senior Citizens (65 y/o and above) d.) Overseas Filipino Worker e.) Indigent
Salary / Benefits

We stay at far flung areas.

Whenever we are assigned at the far hospitals, there's no electricity during daytime, no internet connection which makes you bored.

Pros

Free lunch and accommodation at the hospital

Cons

long hours of duty, far flung areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3