Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

great corporation

it was an excellent corporation that it helps the needy to access health care in the Philippines. Its a government owned corporation that caters health insurance for Filipino people.

on the job trainee

being a trainee of that good government agency help me to be more confidence. And they are the one who show up how really being an employee and to see the real word being employed.
Salary / Benefits

Overall, quite a promising office environment.

A typical day at work meant a whole day sitting in front of the computer - from early in the morning to late in the evening, encoding piles of insurance claims.
Salary / Benefits

Happy place and productive workplace

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) is a government identity in the Philippines which covers the health insurance of all the filipinos. I enjoyed working in this company as they give me opportunities to grow and explore different areas in medical claims industry. My colleagues and the management was great and value each employee.

Philihealth

Really good work facility but it is just happen that the salary is very low to those people who are not civil service passer. People in their office are very friendly.

it was challenging

During my Internship, I have learned how to be able to work with different people, especially with the big boss and how to communicate efficiently with those.

Pros

more benefits

Fun workplace

This is a gowernment owned and corporate run company in our country Philippines it handles health insurance for all the people of the Philippines. It also provide free medical for unfortunate one
Salary / Benefits

Productive and fun work place

The company that i worked with has a good working environment. The job given to me was very challenging where i learned a lot from it. I was able to built my confidence which i don't have before.

Security of tenure

I started as Data Encoder I and now I am currently holding the position of Social Insurance Officer I. The corporation provides security of tenure to all its Regular employees.

stressful

we deal with lots of paper works and under quota per day. Diligence and accuracy is a plus. You deal with different client attitudes. You must know how to answer and provide instant decisions and know how of the processes involve.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

health issues

Productive and Sociable Workplace

We are deployed in the Hospitals both Government and Private institution. I work in a day shift for 8 hours I learned many things in my current work specially in dealing with people, helping them regarding their concerns in their hospital bill and health which PhilHealth Corporation mission. I dealt with different tribes and languages. The most enjoyable part of being PhilHealth CARES(Customer Assistance and Empowerment Staff) is that seeing your clients happy and satisfied with your assistance that at the end of your conversation they smile and say THANK YOU MAM. It relieves your tiredness.

Pros

entitled of benefits

Cons

Prone to sickness since it is in the hospital
Salary / Benefits

Better place for interpersonal skill development

The company is owned by the Philippine Govertment that caters health Insurance coverage for ALL its citizens. It is fun to work here because of the chalenges you encounter everyday from actual experiences of every filipinos who apply for membership and until management of complaints in benefits availments. The challenge lies not from the worload and paperworks we have but rather on how to handle positively the diffrent client behaviors in their complaints and try to settle and make them satisfied in the end. Costumer satisfaction in terms of benefits availment is the primary goal of this office especially those belongs in the marginalized sector within which gives me the motivation to work at my best to help everyone.

Pros

Salary is above minimum wage with other incentives and cash bonuses

Cons

Other employees benefits rerecently been cut and no plan for salary increase anytime soon
Salary / Benefits

Approachable work superiors, does not pay trainees though

A typical day at the training would be approving papers of members and assisting members who comes to the branch with several purposes usually to assess if their philhealth membership are being paid correctly by their employers

Pros

Good working environment, Approchable superiors

Cons

the branch is situated in the heart of pasig where there is always traffic
Salary / Benefits

productive and balance on employees

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation not only provide a wide range of health care benefits but also provides a better employment status on every employee

Pros

good ambiance on work place

Cons

no "noon break"
Salary / Benefits

Productive and full of challenges

Provide universal health quality services to all members. I have learned to spend my time in a productive things and explore additional idea for the success of the company.
Salary / Benefits

It's productive and fun working at Philhealth

Ive worked hard for 15 years in this company, it's fun and its beeen a pleasure working here. I just completed my work in this company and they gave me a very productive grade

Pros

Free Rice & Transportation Allowance

Cons

Low salary

productive workplace

it was a fun and productive workplace. i was able to improve more of my skills and capabilities. i was able to work with a minimal supervision because also of the trainings they have provided.

very fun

receiving hospital claims learned how you can used your philhealth benefit professional i think there no hardest part of the job when im undergoing ojt for them ah putting marks on their claims ..

Cons

8 hours a day

Accounts Specialist

1. typical day - regular eployees spent of of their times talking while contractual do the most of the tasks done 2. learned how to face difficult customers, learned computer skills, good experience if youre a newby 3. management - you cannot be a regular employee if you dont have the right connection. 4. hardest part of the job is facing difficult customers 5. most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new friends. as employees come and go, hence you meet a lot of new faces :)

Pros

governement company, 2 days off. no pressure

Cons

government company :)
Salary / Benefits

Product. So much to learn from

I have learned a lot from this institution. Very enriching as a whole I may say. The working environment is good and feels like you're working with just your family.

Productive workplace

I don't have a typical day at work, everyday is a new day. New challenges, new people. I have learned a lot during my stay in this corporation. It helped me think more mature and made me more responsible. I love the working culture in this company. No pressure, just fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3