Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

great corporation

it was an excellent corporation that it helps the needy to access health care in the Philippines. Its a government owned corporation that caters health insurance for Filipino people.
Salary / Benefits

There is security of tenure

My job in this company is more about organizing and monitoring relevant documents. What I learned most is how important organization and time management in making your work easy. The hardest part of my job is drafting decisions on the administrative legal cases filed in our department because you have to be like judge of the department.

Pros

nice benefits

Cons

long hours of sitting
Salary / Benefits

Experiences a well-balanced life.

A typical day at work is very productive. We do not stop to learn from colleagues and peers. Management has been very supportive of our plans and programs and the most enjoyable part of my job is when my team and I work together and we exhaust all means to achieve what is the best for the department and corporation and a whole.

Pros

Very supportive Management

Cons

No benefits

more trainings

More trainings and activities for employees. Benefits of employee for casual employees is not that much. No security of tenure. Fun envirnment depends on employee.

Pros

more trainings

Cons

little benefit
Salary / Benefits

Learn how to manage my time during my internship in the company. Learned mostly the basic knowledge in entering a new company. My supervisors guide and help me by explaining the flow of the work in the company. Because of that I did not encounter difficulty in accomplishing the task given to me.

Salary / Benefits

A fun workplace, employees are customer oriented

Their are days that are so buy because of clients form the hospital who have not processed their requirements for hospital purposes but everything is being handled well because of competent and helpful employees of the corporation.
Salary / Benefits

Overall it taught me to be well rounded

In the legal department of PhilHealth it was a good training in terms of legal investigation, it taught me the administrative side of working there and also how to deal with clients

Enjoyable Workplace

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation is a great training ground for me. I met different types of people in every transactions and I also discovered that I can build good relationship with people whom I just met. I can easily adjust into their workplace and they never treat us as if we are not part of them. I enjoyed my stay in PHIC for I never felt that I am a trainee instead I feel that I am one of them, I am part of them.

Pros

Experience

Cons

No Allowance
Salary / Benefits

The nature of the work place was fun and amazing

The office work requires us to work during weekdays and we have 2 days off. We must complete 8hours of work every day. The nature of the workplace was fun because we are dealing with a different client.

Pros

Free office uniform and office supplies

Cons

long hous
Salary / Benefits

Having fun with colleagues its like working with friends

Working at philhealth is a good opportunity Philhealth employees are like family Having fun while working is very good Its like youre not getting tired as long as you are having fun about work

Pros

Good bosses
Salary / Benefits

Work relationships and Creating great resuls

Be sure to focus on duties that are relevant to the position for which you are applying. Respect your co workers so that they will respect you also. Make sure while you are working you will also help others to learn about the company. love the people interaction too, and the opportunity to work flexible hours! and most of all enjoy your work and just remember that your work is very important to you and also to your family

Pros

free lunch

Cons

8 hours
Salary / Benefits

It was pleasure working on Phil. Health as it is a National Company and it helped me in terms of career growth.

A typical day in work would include processing some papers of the people who are availing the benefits of Phil. Health and in guiding them on requirements and steps that need to do. I learned how be patient and to have the right attitude when it comes to handling bulk number of people. The work place was good and have a friendly environment but the difficult part of it was when you have to travel more than 2 hours to go to the provincial office for some verification's The most enjoyable part of if was when you see the people happy because you have served them well and they finished the one that they need in smooth manner.

Pros

Free Lunch and Snacks, Bonuses

Cons

Long time travel going to Provincial office

Ok

The company offered a good salary for the employees. Many can benefit especially single males and females with no dependents at all. Work place is also good.

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok
Salary / Benefits

Health Insurance Company that aims in providing free health insurance to the marginalized people.

It is a busy office since people are coming in especially the family members of the patients. The employees are productive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when a people try to ask for help and then you can not give the help that they need. It is a very complicated job though.

Pros

Free Rice Allowance

Cons

Low Salary
Salary / Benefits

Productive; Enployees are fun to be with.

Be polite when it comes to customer query. Never judge the person. Be always attentive on what the clients concerned about. Always have patience. Be the best employee example.

Pros

Free food when they have trainings

Cons

Sometimes no service on a designated place
Salary / Benefits

Unending work pile but enjoyable as we are able to meet different workmates.

On a monthly rotational basis we are 6 employees in a province who were deployed in 10 different hospital Levels to cater PhilHealth members and assist them in availing their benefits, we laiase between the hospital and office in cases when concerns arises. aside from being the only philhealth employee in the hospital having front line services we also assist Hospital clerks in membership concerns, claims reimbursement, ICD 10 Coding and Member Data Record verification. I have learned that PhilHealth is the only health insurance here in the Philippines that provides health benefits from womb to tomb and up to half a million benefit package and also i have witnessed the eagerness of this corporation to secure & help all Filipinos with their hospitalization finances. Its just that there's a bit of misguided management that us employees suffer from its losses and the professional advancement is stagnant. The work place varies from hospital to hospital, some were very busy and some are not. The hardest part of my job is that we have to render services 6 days in a week and no transportation allowance for far deployment areas. The most enjoyable part of this job is we get to see the smile of every members helped by the corporation's benefits, and we are able to help at the point of service with out putting much burden to the them.

Pros

Lots of training and seminars

Cons

6 work day in a week, mandatory overtime during long holidays and no payment for transportation from far deployment areas.

Productive and fun workplace

PhilHealth is the Philippine Government's social health insurance provider. A typical day at work includes providing high quality customer service to all Filipinos. I have learned so much from PhilHealth in terms of customer service. I have developed different values that helped me become an efficient, effective, and productive member of the workforce. The management is very responsive to the needs of the employees. It promotes a culture of excellence in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending different trainings and seminars which helps the employees enhance their skills.

Pros

Competitive Salary

Cons

Job Security

Fun Workplace

The employees are friendly and easy to work to. There are usually a lot of work to be done but PhilHealth is a fun workplace to work to. It is stress-free environment.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Overtime
Salary / Benefits

Good compensation but department work habits were not balanced

All departmental items received the same grade of compensation but Benefits over-extended much of the time which was a bit unfair. Overall, good work setting unless you come across people who were toxic and politicking.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Office politics

Better things - Intern

They will make you feel comfortable by working with them. Finishing the tasks gives you sense of accomplishment. And they treat everyone as part of the company

enjoyable and productive workplace

productive and fun workplace.gocc's have been disallowed of our several allowances that's why we are having financial difficulties now. and i could not transfer here in aklan because we dont have enough regular employees now in regional office. there are several trainings especially for us who are assigned in procurement.

Pros

starting new

Cons

adjustment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3