Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Management reviews

Clear

Challenging and productive workplace

Every single day is challenging making our job more interesting. Growing with the company gave me a lot of skills and knowledge specifically on the management and documentation field. The workplace has a fast-paced environment but that what makes it fun.
Salary / Benefits

fast-paced services to clients just to ensure client satisfaction

PhilHealth is the only health insurance in the Philippines, hence health services delivery is the main thrust of the corporation. The re has no equal representation between the rank and files and the top management
Salary / Benefits

Productive and nice working environment

I was deploy here to work as Frontline Service Support under Metro Peso Naga its a Program for student's who takes summer job for only 20days.My job here is more about organizing and monitoring documents from different places.I learned how important organization and time management in making your work easy.

Pros

People are nice, with benefits

Productive and challenging.

Completed Staff Work. Quality Management System. Health Care Provider Performance Assessment System. Health Care Monitoring and Evaluation. Team Building and recreational activities.

Benefits
Salary / Benefits

There is security of tenure

My job in this company is more about organizing and monitoring relevant documents. What I learned most is how important organization and time management in making your work easy. The hardest part of my job is drafting decisions on the administrative legal cases filed in our department because you have to be like judge of the department.

Pros

nice benefits

Cons

long hours of sitting

Salary / Benefits

Experiences a well-balanced life.

A typical day at work is very productive. We do not stop to learn from colleagues and peers. Management has been very supportive of our plans and programs and the most enjoyable part of my job is when my team and I work together and we exhaust all means to achieve what is the best for the department and corporation and a whole.

Pros

Very supportive Management

Cons

No benefits
Salary / Benefits

Unending work pile but enjoyable as we are able to meet different workmates.

On a monthly rotational basis we are 6 employees in a province who were deployed in 10 different hospital Levels to cater PhilHealth members and assist them in availing their benefits, we laiase between the hospital and office in cases when concerns arises. aside from being the only philhealth employee in the hospital having front line services we also assist Hospital clerks in membership concerns, claims reimbursement, ICD 10 Coding and Member Data Record verification. I have learned that PhilHealth is the only health insurance here in the Philippines that provides health benefits from womb to tomb and up to half a million benefit package and also i have witnessed the eagerness of this corporation to secure & help all Filipinos with their hospitalization finances. Its just that there's a bit of misguided management that us employees suffer from its losses and the professional advancement is stagnant. The work place varies from hospital to hospital, some were very busy and some are not. The hardest part of my job is that we have to render services 6 days in a week and no transportation allowance for far deployment areas. The most enjoyable part of this job is we get to see the smile of every members helped by the corporation's benefits, and we are able to help at the point of service with out putting much burden to the them.

Pros

Lots of training and seminars

Cons

6 work day in a week, mandatory overtime during long holidays and no payment for transportation from far deployment areas.

Productive and fun workplace

PhilHealth is the Philippine Government's social health insurance provider. A typical day at work includes providing high quality customer service to all Filipinos. I have learned so much from PhilHealth in terms of customer service. I have developed different values that helped me become an efficient, effective, and productive member of the workforce. The management is very responsive to the needs of the employees. It promotes a culture of excellence in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending different trainings and seminars which helps the employees enhance their skills.

Pros

Competitive Salary

Cons

Job Security
Salary / Benefits

Happy place and productive workplace

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) is a government identity in the Philippines which covers the health insurance of all the filipinos. I enjoyed working in this company as they give me opportunities to grow and explore different areas in medical claims industry. My colleagues and the management was great and value each employee.
Salary / Benefits

Better place for interpersonal skill development

The company is owned by the Philippine Govertment that caters health Insurance coverage for ALL its citizens. It is fun to work here because of the chalenges you encounter everyday from actual experiences of every filipinos who apply for membership and until management of complaints in benefits availments. The challenge lies not from the worload and paperworks we have but rather on how to handle positively the diffrent client behaviors in their complaints and try to settle and make them satisfied in the end. Costumer satisfaction in terms of benefits availment is the primary goal of this office especially those belongs in the marginalized sector within which gives me the motivation to work at my best to help everyone.

Pros

Salary is above minimum wage with other incentives and cash bonuses

Cons

Other employees benefits rerecently been cut and no plan for salary increase anytime soon

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation?

Accounts Specialist

1. typical day - regular eployees spent of of their times talking while contractual do the most of the tasks done 2. learned how to face difficult customers, learned computer skills, good experience if youre a newby 3. management - you cannot be a regular employee if you dont have the right connection. 4. hardest part of the job is facing difficult customers 5. most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new friends. as employees come and go, hence you meet a lot of new faces :)

Pros

governement company, 2 days off. no pressure

Cons

government company :)
Salary / Benefits

Healthy work environment with opportunity for professional growth.

Mostly analyzing audit results, reviewing reports, preparing audit reports for submission to the Chief Audit Executive, meetings and preparing for audit activity. My work entails field activity where we gather data for analysis and which may be used by the Management for Policy Development. It made me more analytical, instill in my person the value of integrity and a higher social awareness. PhilHealth is a government owned and controlled corporation and professionalism is part of its culture. Although, politics sometimes get in the way of the work environment the professional maturity in the workplace see it through. The hardest part of the job is in way you have to be away from home for more than a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to assist its client, especially the less fortunate, get to different places. I was sent to the UAE, Hong Kong and Macau as part of my work. I have the opportunity to meet and assist people from almost all walks of life.

Pros

free food, accommodation and transportation when on field

Cons

being away from home usually for a week
Salary / Benefits

Productive and tries its best to give employees benefits and job security

I am happy working at PhilHealth. Employees have opportunities to advance and grow, benefits are good. Management tries their best to provide better benefits, staffs are friendly and hardworking.

Supportive Management

Customer Service to our members that were having problems on availment of their benefits. Learned a lot on customer service and on health insurance matters. Management was supportive and co-workers have a good team work and coordination. Hardest part of the job was having a sudden workload with out even explaining properly on what to do. But most enjoyable part is when the client was satisfied with the service rendered

Pros

Allowances

Cons

Rotation every two months

productive and fun workplace

Arrived before 8 am then review my activity for the day and then start receiving clients and answers some of their concerns. Call those delinquent employers to remind them about their monthly contribution, then do some posting on their reports. I've learned that work is easily done when your focus on it and by having extra mile you'll be able to feel your worth as a worker. The management have been very supportive as well as co-workers. Job is naturally hard but as long as you'll get use to it things will be very easy. The most enjoyable part is that we take it fun but prosuctive,

Pros

free snacks

Cons

no noon break
Salary / Benefits

Front line job depletes energy but at the end of the day you'll feel fulfilled.

Typical scenario is that clients comes in enormous number, and per client you need to spend 6-8 minutes per transaction to attend to not less than 80 clients a day. As to learning, different people means different personality and attitude. I learned to be versatile in dealing with people; to add, culture also contributes, and being a frontliner, I have to adjust on my dealings. Management in general looks to the welfare of their employees, benefits were given to the former. Among co-employees, there is unity and camaraderie. We help each other. Difficult situation is when there is no client, you look at the wall clock and you want that it's end of day's work. I enjoy communicating to clients and resolving their problems as well as answering their queries,

Pros

Break (Snack)

Cons

Week end (No Work)

Multi tasking is a must

As it is said on the review summary box. You need to be a multi-tasker. Being in a administrative sectiona I learned a lot of process flow in a management. Inside that process you need to become flexible to work well with your team. Fortunately me co workers were well established and it is not hard for me to adjust. The hardest part of my job was coordinating with other branches without meeting them in person. I am having a hard time talking with them over the phone but I managed to do my work really well. And finally, even though working was really hard the best part is hearing your boss appreciating your work and effort.

Pros

Allowances

Cons

More allowance for the contractors
Salary / Benefits

quality and competitive work experience

typical day at work is working at the office for 8 hrs for 7 days a week and catering to a number of clients with regards to health insurance membership registration, updates and answering queries regarding contribution and claims benefit. further coordinates with various health care professionals with regards to existing and new policies of the corporation. able to manage express operations as a whole: including time, resources, manpower and general management with minimum supervision. co-workers are all professionals and goal oriented. hardest part of the job is the technical aspect. having to cater to clients during system failure. enjoyable part of the job is the daily satisfaction of being the bridge that coordinates the government's updated and improved healthcare policies to various health professionals and clients.

Pros

with travel and food allowance, bonuses

Cons

job security

productive

* Encoding everyday * Time Management Human Behavior * Good the Management but sometimes changes of Head/Supervisor * Have individual and unique character behavior they are some funny, serious * the hardest thing is preparing some report * enjoyable part united all department of office for assessment, training and workshop

Cons

Overtime pay
Salary / Benefits

Good working environment and co employees

Daily duties and responsibilities of an Human Resource Management Officer. Good company and employees to work with

Excellent customer service.

The Corporation look after their employees. Our health benefits and hazard pay are covered. Employees are always updated in new policies and office orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

3.7Salary / Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?