Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation Culture reviews

Clear

Productive and Peaceful Workplace

Working in Philhealth makes me more knowledgeable in communicating with other people. Most enjoyable moment of being on-the-job trainee was being part of their Philhealth Family. I learned that unity makes the work simple.
Salary / Benefits

competitive yet, productive and fun working in Phil health Insurance Corporation

it was a very competitive working in Phil health Insurance Corporation yet, it was always a productive and fun working there. i learned many things specially in personal growth, i can manage my time well, I became more patient and understanding and I also learned to handle different kinds of personalities in the workplace. the company is well managed even though the workplace culture is not that very healthy. the hardest part of working there is to work under pressure and trying to cope with the attitude of others but the most enjoyable part is we get to bond with the senior employers during free time.
Salary / Benefits

Good

Everything is good and manageable, My supervisor is approachable and motivating. The other employees are good in communicating and giving instructions.
Salary / Benefits

Experiences a well-balanced life.

A typical day at work is very productive. We do not stop to learn from colleagues and peers. Management has been very supportive of our plans and programs and the most enjoyable part of my job is when my team and I work together and we exhaust all means to achieve what is the best for the department and corporation and a whole.

Pros

Very supportive Management

Cons

No benefits

Productive and fun workplace

PhilHealth is the Philippine Government's social health insurance provider. A typical day at work includes providing high quality customer service to all Filipinos. I have learned so much from PhilHealth in terms of customer service. I have developed different values that helped me become an efficient, effective, and productive member of the workforce. The management is very responsive to the needs of the employees. It promotes a culture of excellence in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending different trainings and seminars which helps the employees enhance their skills.

Pros

Competitive Salary

Cons

Job Security

Salary / Benefits

Good compensation but department work habits were not balanced

All departmental items received the same grade of compensation but Benefits over-extended much of the time which was a bit unfair. Overall, good work setting unless you come across people who were toxic and politicking.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Office politics

it was challenging

During my Internship, I have learned how to be able to work with different people, especially with the big boss and how to communicate efficiently with those.

Pros

more benefits

Salary / Benefits

Approachable work superiors, does not pay trainees though

A typical day at the training would be approving papers of members and assisting members who comes to the branch with several purposes usually to assess if their philhealth membership are being paid correctly by their employers

Pros

Good working environment, Approchable superiors

Cons

the branch is situated in the heart of pasig where there is always traffic

Productive workplace

I don't have a typical day at work, everyday is a new day. New challenges, new people. I have learned a lot during my stay in this corporation. It helped me think more mature and made me more responsible. I love the working culture in this company. No pressure, just fun.
Salary / Benefits

Healthy work environment with opportunity for professional growth.

Mostly analyzing audit results, reviewing reports, preparing audit reports for submission to the Chief Audit Executive, meetings and preparing for audit activity. My work entails field activity where we gather data for analysis and which may be used by the Management for Policy Development. It made me more analytical, instill in my person the value of integrity and a higher social awareness. PhilHealth is a government owned and controlled corporation and professionalism is part of its culture. Although, politics sometimes get in the way of the work environment the professional maturity in the workplace see it through. The hardest part of the job is in way you have to be away from home for more than a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to assist its client, especially the less fortunate, get to different places. I was sent to the UAE, Hong Kong and Macau as part of my work. I have the opportunity to meet and assist people from almost all walks of life.

Pros

free food, accommodation and transportation when on field

Cons

being away from home usually for a week

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation?

Salary / Benefits

nice working place and good management

everyday was a work in progress. i learned how to deal with different clients. my co-workers are all friendly and accomodating. there was never a hard time working in this company

Pros

free seminars and trainings
Salary / Benefits

productive and meeting deadlines always, happy

typical day at work, employees doing their jobs, merely have time to talk. I learned to be more productive and sensitive on my job's calling, to be more aggressive specially meeting deadlines. hardest part of the job is leaving the job everyday. and the most enjoyable part of the job is having the time to smile and talk to your friends for a while.
Salary / Benefits

Work at PhilHealth had been quite challenging

1) Work at the Branch/Service Office in Laguna is always a busy and productive work day. 2) I have been able to further my Customer Service Experience having individuals and company/organizations as clientele on a daily basis. 3) Employees are treated like one big family at the Branch Office 4) Since it is a government owned and controlled corporation, politics is a very difficult aspect of the organization to deal with.
Salary / Benefits

Stress free environment and friendly co-workers

The company is great. Great work place. Great facilities. Great bosses. Friendly co- workers. Not that kind of strict bosses. Freedom to take a leave.

Pros

free lunch and bonuses

Cons

long hours of work

Supportive Management

Customer Service to our members that were having problems on availment of their benefits. Learned a lot on customer service and on health insurance matters. Management was supportive and co-workers have a good team work and coordination. Hardest part of the job was having a sudden workload with out even explaining properly on what to do. But most enjoyable part is when the client was satisfied with the service rendered

Pros

Allowances

Cons

Rotation every two months
Salary / Benefits

Front line job depletes energy but at the end of the day you'll feel fulfilled.

Typical scenario is that clients comes in enormous number, and per client you need to spend 6-8 minutes per transaction to attend to not less than 80 clients a day. As to learning, different people means different personality and attitude. I learned to be versatile in dealing with people; to add, culture also contributes, and being a frontliner, I have to adjust on my dealings. Management in general looks to the welfare of their employees, benefits were given to the former. Among co-employees, there is unity and camaraderie. We help each other. Difficult situation is when there is no client, you look at the wall clock and you want that it's end of day's work. I enjoy communicating to clients and resolving their problems as well as answering their queries,

Pros

Break (Snack)

Cons

Week end (No Work)

Productive and Full service company

I have a lot of learnings with regards on being an intern in Philhealth, I also adopt the culture of serving the public corteously and productively. Its very tiring and stressful to interact with a huge numbers of people everyday yet it was a very helpful and adventurous one.

Pros

well-descipline

Cons

quite stressful

to much politics

NOT PLACE TO WORK due to very bad politics, work and benefits are not balance.
Salary / Benefits

Productive at work and can be an asset to the company

Can work at my own phase with minimal supervision, a responsible worker even without the boss, meet deadlines. Can work with co-workers with different personalities. My co-workers need an assistance i will help them in one way or the other. With patience in dealing with clients everyday. Just be calm to clients who are getting angry and pamper them with respect.
Salary / Benefits

The thing that i can say, if i have a good work, i am married with it and will love it.

Well, my day at work will start by entertaining customer queries with a smile, helping them in availing benefits of our insurance company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3