PHILIPPINE COAST GUARD

PHILIPPINE COAST GUARD Employee Reviews

Philippines8 reviews

I rate my work experience with Philippine Coast Guard 3 out of 5

Benefits and salary is good but I see no or little growth on my career as a Lighthouse Keeper. Also no or little room for new things to learn. Also going in and out from the Island is very risky specially during stormy and rainy seasons. Also transportation is a big problem for me as I am from La Union.

challenging job

challenging job, noble profession,law enforcement aspects a courageous one, search and rescue operations the central core of the job...disciplined pers ,you can travel around the philippines assigned different station and meet a lot of people

Pros

vacation leave

Cons

nice pers

Best career I ever had.

It was a tough one, very challenging, exhausting but over all, for me it was worth it. The money I earn is enough to support myself and my family as well.

Pros

Great compensation. Great benefits.

Cons

Away from family.

Officers are friendly.

The officers are friendly but the other employees are not. Some will snob you but some employees always smile at you eventhough they didnt know you at all.

Pros

Free snacks and lunch.

Cons

Some boring workmates.

Productive workplace

PCG, an agency attached to the Department of Transportation and Communications of the Philippines, is simply a humanitarian and prestigious armed and uniformed service in the Philippines. Working with the Philippines Coast Guard requires excellent physical and mental conditions. Adopting military principles is a must. In my 4 months of working at said esteemed agency, all orders from officers that needs immediate action must be complied with carefully and surely.

Hardest part of the job

Self disciplined is a must . I learned to more competitive and to do task in a quick and detailed manner. Work with my best to fulfill my seniors requests.

Professionally trained for the job

~ routine , but sometimes exciting and dangerous esp. when your conducting Search And Rescue to distress vessel and people at sea. ~ Always be prepared so that others may live, ~ manage and handle coastguard personnel and discipline especially their morale and welfare ~ professionals easy to mingle and productive ~ Deployed far flung areas ~ RETIREMENT

Pros

security of tenure form the job

Cons

deployment to far flung areas

Working at uniform government agency such as the Philippine Coast Guard is good and have comfortable working conditions.

Working with government uniform service such as the Philippines Coast Guard requires a excellent physical and mental conditions. It adopt military principles which is obey first before you complain. In my seven (7) in this institution assigned at Infrastructure Development Service, my work experience is not just to perform task in a day, you need to comply orders from officers that needs immediate action. Quick response to orders is needed as military do. Now, being a electrical estimator at the same time electricians, I manage to survive in my working environment since Philippines Coast Guard provide training and seminar relative to our duty. I do not any have any dislikes to this institution but I need to fine another job abroad in order to earn more to satisfy my financial needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHILIPPINE COAST GUARD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits