Perpetual Succour Hospital

Perpetual Succour Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse6 reviews
Philippines6 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I was a nurse at this hospital. This is a shifting job. (morning, afternoon, night shift). I had to handle more than 5 patients in one shift. I had to do an assessment on my patients' current health condition, prepare and give medications and do charting or documenting.
Pros
receiving good compliment from patients'
Cons
long hours and tirey
Salary / Benefits
I loved working there. My colleagues were very accommodating and teamwork is very much valued. A typical day at work gives me a patient load of 14 patients on primary nursing. My experience there has exposed me to a lot of high level care patients such as patients suffering from Stroke, Cerebrovascular diseases, Chronic Kidney Diseases in need of Haemodialysis, Hypertensive Urgency, as well as post operative patients. From here, I mastered some fundamental skills such as tracheostomy care, total parenteral nutrition feeding, suctioning, oxygen therapy administration, Blood and IV drip infusions, intestinal tract tube care and so on.
Salary / Benefits
I always come to work before the said time. It will be so nice to work if your workmates are joyful and jamming. I learned so many things like pharmacology, different kinds of diseases, how to deal with different attitudes. The management is not like that organize and well managed. My co workers are jamming, they share new learning in the field. The hardest part of being a nurse is you will still work on holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job when I learned something at the end of the day.
Pros
high salary
Cons
extended time of duty without pay
Salary / Benefits
I was so young then. My senior nurses were the best. They were so approachable. Ready to help anytime. We had a good team. I was well trained on the needed skills for a nurse, like monitoring, administration of medications and others. The management was good too. My job was so challenging. I had the best team in Floor 1B. It was very good..
Pros
we had summer outings
Cons
very busy ward
Salary / Benefits
A typical day in the ICU is fast-paced, challenging and fulfilling. Every day is a learning experience and every patient provides different approach and management even if with the same case or infirmity. We always rely on each of my colleagues because we always work as a team. The hardest part that I can see is it is indeed a physically and mentally demanding job. But at the end of the day, when I see my patient transferred out to the regular room. Nothing really beats the fulfillment..I love my job...
Pros
teamwork, friendship.
Cons
long hours, working beyond work hours
Salary / Benefits
Busy as always. Lots of patients with different cases.Learned a lot of nursing skills,knowledge.co-workers are good at nursing too.Most enjoyable part is I get to learn from every experience.
Pros
enjoyment at work
Cons
long busy hours