Pacific Ocean Manning

Pacific Ocean Manning Employee Reviews

Philippines16 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I’ve always had trouble sleeping on any type of transportation – I’m usually way too excited to sleep if I’m moving at all relative to the surface of the earth, or sea in this case! Trying to fall asleep on a ship was especially difficult – being the nerd I am, even the variations in the omnipresent vibration throughout the ship was something I wanted to pay attention to, and when we started rolling I couldn’t get over the novel feeling that my bed was on a rollercoaster for young children. Somehow the entire effect was both unsettling and soothing at the same time. One night early throughout the trip I woke up to realize we were rolling more than I’d experienced so far. I grabbed my phone to film the objects sliding around on my desk and the curtains swinging back and forth. The dark and blurry film ends with the objects flying off the end of my desk from my perspective as I jump out of bed trying to catch them. I started leaving my laptop on the floor after that night. In my first few days I was completely enthralled by the case of the ‘wandering water bottles’ as I liked to call them. After several times coming back to my cabin and finding that the waterbottles I’d been given had moved from where I put them simply due to the vibration of the ship (we weren’t rolling at this point), I set up my camera on a tripod to catch their movement in 2-5 minute increments. I told a couple of the officers about my experiment – they thought it was funny how excited about it I was, and teased me about there being ghosts on the ship.
Salary / Benefits
It seems that management is not checking and validating if work load is still within the capacity of the employee.

Culture, particularly office politics, is one of the worst I’ve seen.
Salary / Benefits
Good office set up and nice environment. I have been for 6 years and good thing about here is familial treatment of the employee that makes me stay. I am happy working with the company.
Pros
Free Lunch, Shuttle Service
Salary / Benefits
.. Everyday is a tough day, works early yet cannot go home on time.
Even on break time, holidays, or even on your scheduled leave you will have to work. A place full of challenges and stress yet a fun place to work.
Salary / Benefits
Pacific Ocean Manning is on of the largest manning agency that deploys seafarers worldwide. it handles many principals from all over the world. It has its own system and the operations id spontaneous.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, on call especially for dispatch schedules
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Cleans all alleyways, Mess and Receiving Rooms, Senior Officers Cabin, Kitchen implements and utensils;

* Assists the C/Cook in his cooking duties;

* Serves food on all personnel and guests as well;

* Observes proper cleanliness either personnel or in the over-all upkeep of the Galley and Mess Room;

* Perform such functions as may assigned to him by C/Cook or Captain of the vessel.

i learned that every mood is special during work and very special when it comes to dignity..

about the management is okay normal typical agents giving special attentions to their employees..

workplace culture it's a common in every galley/kitchen but specialties comes out on different spots of religions and nationalities...

every job is hard, it's only difference to others is that you are on the sea, fighting your way through the biggest waves of water... but it's worth it...

most enjoyable part are when tide, storms, everything is dancing including your tools specially your self too.. also when reaching a port and go offshore...
Pros
free meals, less effort on going to work and easy to save money
Cons
unavoidable fights with your crews
Salary / Benefits
Working at a productive industries like manning agency is like working under your pressure but in the end of the day you will notice you've learned a lot from it.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
Good peoples, approachable and easy to access infos and they respect the well being of each individuals they have good attitude towarss work and responsible at the Jobs prior to there duties.
Salary / Benefits
My work as a seaman was productive. Although I am missing my family so much, I have learned so much in the engine works of a vessel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the getting together of the crewmen during occassions in the Philippines. We too celebrate it on board and the captain of the ship always sees to it that we enjoy every bit of it because he also knows how it is to work at sea. Thank you.
Pros
Free everything aside from the high salary
Cons
Miss family so much
Salary / Benefits
1.On typical day worked is enjoyable even if job is too hard because this is a job that i like.
2. There are many things I learned such as how to worked with safety and how to worked safely even how tired you are

3. I learned how to manage my time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pacific Ocean Manning?
Salary / Benefits
Deploys officers and ratings in maritime industry.
Land based jobs for this company is good. Accessible from Manila and Cavite Located across Baclaran church and DFA Macapagal.
Salary / Benefits
Employees are well taken care of. The benefits are very good including insurance, medical, dental benefits including benificiaries. Well secured employment.
Pros
Family oriented company
very busy workplace everyday
renders over time all the time

many seafarers around

hardest part of the job is when they give you and they need it urgently
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
Shipping company is a big industry,the work starts as early as 9:00 in the morning and there in no definite time you can go home i learned a lot of things in the company like communiting with different people, my co-workers are good enough to be with the concerns and the love, the hardest thing in our work is when the they give as very very rush proccesing and to think of it, its not a 1 step proccesing but after you finished all of that,that is the happiest part of our job and also some relaxing activities like company outing
Pros
free lunch
Salary / Benefits
it was a good company and standard.with a benefits for the crew.management was also in good together with the workers and crew but the hardest part was low salaries when it compare to the other standard company.
Pros
benefits and good salary
Cons
long contract
Salary / Benefits
long distance with family members, be smart with the money earned. every contract have different management. good co workers. hardest part of the job when the weather is not good and still working. have bonding.