Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Quite Stressful but enjoyable at the same time, get the chance to know other nationality because this is a International Non-government Organization base in London, UK
Salary / Benefits
Oxfam embraces excellence and professionalism. The workload is really heavy but the people are also friendly and helpful. Oxfam also offers good opportunities for learning and travel (both domestic and international).
Salary / Benefits
I love almost every experienced I have in Oxfam. People were very motivating and have passion in helping people in need.We were taught to be kind with everybody and to treat people with dignity.
Salary / Benefits
This organization help me and motivates me I meet new friends,mingle different kinds of people, very fun workplace I gain confidence and I come to different places.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
This is really an amazing work with Oxfam. You meet different types of amazing leaders and bosses. You will learn awesome skills and international standard processes. Job Culture is gender sensitive. You have to be aware of these. Management is really awesome. Best work I ever have.
Salary / Benefits
Working in oxfam was very challenging because you have to give your best even without supervision because many people specially the victims of calamity needs you. I love working in oxfam!
Pros
High wage
Salary / Benefits
I love the company, people and the job. Working in the company I felt like like I found a second home. They can give me too much joy and happiness in my life while I'm still in their.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
N.A
Salary / Benefits
our manager was so good, we have equal benefits with a good salary, we are secured and well trained. we undergo seminars and and training that will surely leads us to be a good leader and a good worker as we continue our journey in life.
Pros
fair benefirs
Cons
short breaks
Salary / Benefits
The job is a field work. Its not that hassle or difficult since we have a service. Working hours should be at least eight (8) hours. I practiced how to manage my time properly and at the same time productively. As the documentor in my group, the hardest part of my job is on writing manually the proceedings of the training. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job is when we could gather more participants than we had on our last session and another is when the field teams are gathered after each field work.
Pros
High Salary, free service
Salary / Benefits
Coordination and technical support to project management team including provision of technical expertise on gender, protection and linking of partner organizations and communities to government agencies and services. There is a great team work spirit and provide you the opportunities to work with your passion and expertise. The job was very enjoyable as it gives me an opportunities to work with communities, partners, donors, and stakeholder and government agencies.
Pros
Passion for empowering communities and working with people who are less privilege
Salary / Benefits
its a great opportunity to be part of Oxfam family. one of the best learning experience of my career growth with high team spirit and support from colleagues.
Salary / Benefits
a typical day of work must be report in 8 hours in a day,i learned more about the company, and the strategies how to communicate in good with other people not living in the country,and to adopt more information about the job description on what is your work. the management must have their time,the have to finished their goal ,thru my co workers most of them are friendly, transparent their jobs,the hardest part of the job is the managers can give u a work that on the spot. . the enjoyable part of the job that they can go other place to attend the seminars or trainings.
Pros
benefits must shoulders the company
Cons
8 hours or more than
Salary / Benefits
Working with OXFAM GB has never been boring. Everyday is a learning process wherein I'm able to grow personally and professionally as a humanitarian and development worker. People in OXFAM are supportive since day 1. Staff, environment, and overall management encourages me to learn and grow everyday. Typical day at work would be going to the field and work with people in the community and in the local Government. Goes back to the office to make a report on a daily basis. Some days are busier than others, especially during training and workshop. Nonetheless, I get used to these which makes my every day a joyful one.
Salary / Benefits
I have attended various trainings and seminars that helped me strengthen and enhance my capabilities to do my job effectively. Working in the community is not new to me. I am a registered nurse in the Philippines and I enjoy working in the community and use my facilitating skills.
Pros
free seminars
Cons
8 hrs
Salary / Benefits
To assign my people's area and to check them. To maintain the quality of their work, to insure they are doing their jobs and the team work.
Salary / Benefits
i learn in oxfam warehouse a proper stocking of items also meet the new items came out from deffirent country and how they use,segregating others items from one another to prevent cross contamination... in management we work together us one team in warehouse thats why we get a best and easy way of everyday work, in my co workers i share what i learn also in my past work so that they can also apply it when times it needed,
Cons
8 hours minimum
Salary / Benefits
Humanitarian works i learned many things in this job i was able to overcome my fair in facing people and it improve my personality and dedication towards worked. During Emergency Phase is the hardest part for me because of work load however when you heard an appreciation form your line manager and the community you work with everything are seamed to be fine and enjoyable
Pros
Always have time to relaxe
Cons
Workload
Salary / Benefits
I have learned to be more confident in speaking in front of a crowd and more familiar with the MS office. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers whom I treat as my own siblings. The most enjoyable part of my job is that when I get to help our beneficiaries and see their smiling faces. Hardest part was when there is a distribution of non food items and because we follow a certain criteria, it's quite heart breaking for some who will not be included.
Pros
they always take their employees welfare at its best priority
Salary / Benefits
We work five days a week,I learned a lot in terms of Humanitarian work,the management is good very accommodating,my co workers is good and approachable,the hardest part of our job is when I cannot help people especially to their daily needs and the most enjoyable part of my job when you some happy because you are helping them.
Pros
free allowances and food
Cons
working hours(8am to 5pm
Salary / Benefits
- working days is Monday to Friday only unless overtime is needed. - learned to how deal with different people and time management - management is approachable and just - my co-workers are wonderful and easy to deal with - the hardest part of my job is dealing with negative comments/feedbacks - field work is what I like most
Pros
meal allowance and free transportation
Cons
overtime even on weekends
Salary / Benefits
Very busy work environment yet you find yourself productive. Day to day activities was time manage since I handled both finance and programme support. As to my colleagues, they're not hard to get along and we get support from each other.
Pros
Timely salary
  1. Employee Reviews