Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every – more...
Orica - Commercial Explosives and Innovative Blasting Solutions
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Our MMU Operators (CDL B DRIVERS) a Mobile Mixing Unit (Class B Tanker), along with the maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate this vehicle and deliver blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
All Around The World
Every day, all around the world, the people of Orica help mobilize vital resource essential to progress and prosperity.
• Safety is our priority. Always. - The most important thing is that we all return home, safely, every day.
• We respect and value all. - Our care for each other, our customers, communities and the environment
builds trusted relationships.
• Together we succeed. - Collaboration makes us better, individually and collectively.
• We act with integrity. - We are open and honest, and we do what is right.
Life At Orica
What We Offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization.
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist.
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged.
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
• Competitive salary packages.
Improving Safety and Productivity through wireless blasting
Orica and the Ernest Henry Mine (EHM) successfully partnered to complete the world’s first production trial of the WebGen™ 100 wireless initiating system, in an operational underground mine. EHM is a Glencore owned Sub Level Caving (SLC) operation located in Queensland, Australia, and produces over 6 million tonnes of copper and gold ore per year.
During the trial, 30 rings were pre-charged with WebGen™ well in advance of the cave and then initiated from Mine Control on the surface. WebGen™ eliminated the need for mine site personnel to work near the brow to hook up the blasts, and also demonstrated that lost brows would not remain a production risk. The system was easily integrated into their current method of operation with no misfires or production delays.