Optum

Clear
3.3Salary & Benefits

Found 71 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,004 reviews

Neutral

The company gives a good salary to contractors. Optum also provides a sign-in bonus and good basic pay.Our contractors have limited support from our team leads.

Pros

High paying contractor contract

Cons

Too limited support from TL. Training is too short.

Cool

Cool place fast growth opportunities. need to appreciate employees improvement. Good pay but aometimes stressil. fixed weekends off and also has quarterly appraisals. incentives is not that big but if you refer someone to a high position you can earn a lot

Supportive Management and Diversity

The company and management support all employees training & development, provides annual raise, open communication and supports diversity and inclusivity.

fun workplace

optum is a great place to work,with great compensation,managers recognizes your contribution or performance.ovetime are well compensatedrecommended place

One of the Best!

You can expect great things in an in-house company. Quarterly raise, Weekly Activities, Great Management, and Awesome Facilities. I personally loved the Karaoke room and pool table. I also won essential prizes during the weekly activities. You can definitely grow im yhe company as there are mamy opportunities that you can choose from.

It's still one of the greatest after all...

I just had my 7th anniversary with the company last week. I wouldnt last this long if it wasn't good. I agree there may be hardships but whose company dont? The HMO is just quite a bit off coz their health plan isnt that good. I have a very poor vision and needed to change my lenses regularly which they offer only 1500 reimbursement. Which does not suffice especially if your dependent needs to have their eyeglasses replaced too. Anyway, aside from 13th month pay, they have annual performance bonus which is being paid out every March.

Pros

Annual Performance Bonus, Retirement Plan

Cons

Slow career growth

Salary is good enoughCompany values integrityManagement is goodPerks are goodTypical working schedule for a call center companyCares about employeesValues empathy

Low Compensation, ill-bred culture

low salary, forced overtime (though they say otherwise). Because the company would hire just about anyone, there a lot of employees who act like ignorant, attention seeking individuals.

Okay

Secured Job, they value employee, benefits and perks not much. Opportunity for higher position is good if you are one of those who would go out and spend your weekends drinking with the bosses.

Productive and fun work place

Productive and fun work place. Competitive salary. Good relationship with managers. Understanding to it's employee..Helps you grow as an individual...

My experience in optum

Stressful environment. They will suck the life out of you. Long hours of work. Everything runs in medieval Era. No company wide initiatives to adopt to technology.

Pros

Ok facilities

Cons

Long hours of work

Poor management. Lack of communication

Never will I recommend this company. This company is not considerate to employees who have lost their jobs. They do not even communicate properly and they wont give updates on your salary.

Work and life balance? Yes. PTO and PAID HOLIDAYS... BUT very poor management!

This company is very ideal if you are looking for work life balance in the first few months, but definitely a no-no if you are looking for a well managed company. The manager on our team is really unprofessional. They do not know how to separate their personal issues to their people. They tend to bully through your physical appearances even though you are performing well at work. And lastly, work loads are constantly adding up without additional compensation! They will give you jobs that is not included with your contract and they will charge you if you do not render or submitted for an immediate resignation!

Lots of engagement activities

Good management, lots of engagement activities however, 80-100 calls per day with mandatoty lunch ot, preshift ot. All the leaders were helpful for we are just unfortunate that we had an incompetent tl.

Pros

Lots of engagement activities

Cons

Mandatory ot, Volume of calls (80-100/ day), Low anual increase

Work life balance

Work life balance. Fixed weekdays, morning shift. -low salary, compared to other companies in the same market-you really need to work hard for the incentives

Cons

low salary compared to other market

A+ company but salary is meh.

Very good company. Employee oriented. Strong culture. But the salary is not good. You can have twice as much on most other company for the same role.

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Salary

Good benefits but very stressful

No work life balance for leaders but they are pro agent. Leaders need to work beyond eight hours. Their retirement plan is also salary deductible. So no

Great benefits

Pros: they have good benefits and provide competitive salary. Cons: you should be ready handling a high volume of calls. They are very strict when it comes to AHT

Great culture and positive working environment

The company culture is very professional, people friendly, leaders are supportive and very kind, non-toxic, healthy working environment, good benefits.

Pros

Great benefits, kind leaders

Cons

Not really much cons

productive and fun workplace

Optum is a great place to work. The employees are well compensated. They have also a great collaborative culture that will make the employees feel connected to the company.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

Fixed Night Shift

Work life balance, fun environment

Provider LOB.u can talk to anyone even directorsFun working environmentReasonable kpiI like the ProximityI like working everyday w my friendsNo stressful workload

Pros

Work life balance, fun environment, firenze coffees

Cons

So so salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits