Optum

Optum Employee Reviews

Philippines144 reviews

Found 144 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,757 reviews

Good management team. Mostly.

I've had good experience working for this company. I worked at Optum for more than 5 years and 4 and half of those years are the most productive and rewarding work experience I've ever had. As with all other companies, there are cons as well. Specifically some departments and management people that are so "different" that they feel out of place from such an overall excellent company.

Pros

Good pay. Good management (mostly)

Cons

Management (some)

Productive and fun work place

Productive and fun work place. Competitive salary. Good relationship with managers. Understanding to it's employee..Helps you grow as an individual...

After the Initial Interview, they will make you feel like you passed it but you did not

At the initial interview they will ask you the most common interview questions, after that they will explain the offers, and ask you where are you located, offering you to avail their shuttle service. They would also tell you that someone will call you so you need to stay with the line, but weeks have passed, not even a single e-mail telling you that you did not passed on their assessment. Worst way to treat you professional applicants

My experience in optum

Stressful environment. They will suck the life out of you. Long hours of work. Everything runs in medieval Era. No company wide initiatives to adopt to technology.

Pros

Ok facilities

Cons

Long hours of work

Fun workplace unless you're in the higher management group

Weekly perfomance reviews(in our account) that eats your time unless you want to do it after your shift which will affect your work-life balance. Those things that are being discussed in the reviews were already discussed in a separate regular weekly meeting.

Poor management. Lack of communication

Never will I recommend this company. This company is not considerate to employees who have lost their jobs. They do not even communicate properly and they wont give updates on your salary.

Fun and exciting place to work

People here are enjoyable to work with. There's a work-life balance that allowed me to expand my skill set. Management are always supportive and would allow flexibility to be successful in your role. Job politics is felt but not in a way causes issues with my job responsibilities.

Great Culture, Great place to start your career with

This was the first company I applied in, the job itself is very easy. It would've been perfect if it was not for the toxic employees. Fun place to work in but not recommendable if you prioritize peace of mind.

Pros

Free lunch on rainy season, lots of coffee machines, great office

Cons

Poor work and life balance, toxic teammates

Work and life balance? Yes. PTO and PAID HOLIDAYS... BUT very poor management!

This company is very ideal if you are looking for work life balance in the first few months, but definitely a no-no if you are looking for a well managed company. The manager on our team is really unprofessional. They do not know how to separate their personal issues to their people. They tend to bully through your physical appearances even though you are performing well at work. And lastly, work loads are constantly adding up without additional compensation! They will give you jobs that is not included with your contract and they will charge you if you do not render or submitted for an immediate resignation!

Lots of engagement activities

Good management, lots of engagement activities however, 80-100 calls per day with mandatoty lunch ot, preshift ot. All the leaders were helpful for we are just unfortunate that we had an incompetent tl.

Pros

Lots of engagement activities

Cons

Mandatory ot, Volume of calls (80-100/ day), Low anual increase

Work life balance

Work life balance. Fixed weekdays, morning shift. -low salary, compared to other companies in the same market-you really need to work hard for the incentives

Cons

low salary compared to other market

All in all the experience I had while in Optum is good and added to my learnings and lessons in life.

It's better to have an on-hand experienced hand with the company for you to get a grasp of what it's like to work with them. There is no perfect company, each & every one of them have their share of insufficiency.

A+ company but salary is meh.

Very good company. Employee oriented. Strong culture. But the salary is not good. You can have twice as much on most other company for the same role.

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Salary

Experience it yourself

My review is as fair as it can be bases in my experience working in the company. Work is great, more into process and quality performance. Highly!!!!!

Good benefits but very stressful

No work life balance for leaders but they are pro agent. Leaders need to work beyond eight hours. Their retirement plan is also salary deductible. So no

Productive and cool coaches

First job and I’m happy. Not that hard and not that easy. Happy to work with the colleagues since it’s a Work At Home set up we didn’t had a chance to meet but we became friends.

Great benefits

Pros: they have good benefits and provide competitive salary. Cons: you should be ready handling a high volume of calls. They are very strict when it comes to AHT

productive competitive good colleagues and management

i had fun working at Optum Global Solutions as a USRN Pre service nurse. Hands up to all my seniors and supervisors they gave me all the help that I need and assisted me when problem arises.

Stressful and toxic.

Overall optum is a very generous company. In my account there is power tripping. You’ll only get promoted if you’re close to the higher management, some of the tl are toxic.

Great culture and positive working environment

The company culture is very professional, people friendly, leaders are supportive and very kind, non-toxic, healthy working environment, good benefits.

Pros

Great benefits, kind leaders

Cons

Not really much cons

Fun but stressful

You must be mentally and physically prepared before going to work. Teammates are fun to work with. Management is so so. The office is near to fast food establishments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits