OpenText

OpenText Management reviews

Salary / Benefits
A best place to work only if the immediate managers are not lazy at all. A manager should be giving tasks, but not the tasks he/she should supposed to do.
Salary / Benefits
Management is not very good Poor management skills for managers You will not motivated to work even though benefits are good Lack of training materials for the new hire
Salary / Benefits
I don't anything to say against Management as I have one of the best, my only concern is the weekend work every month. Instead of us using the weekend to relax and rest, we need to do the month end job which can be move if the management agreed to have strict "Business Days" work. With this, everyone can enjoy their rest days. FYI, were doing this every month. -_-
Benefits
Cons
Weekend work during month end.
Salary / Benefits
great benefits management is too political the hardest part of the job is trying to reach the metrics. no work life balance love the people I worked with
Salary / Benefits
Leaders have good intentions but lack EQ and fundamental leadership skills. Goals aren't smart deadlines are often now Annual increases only for 4/5 rating employees.
Salary / Benefits
The work environment is good because the management is not that strict. I learned EDI technology from this organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients from other countries.
Salary / Benefits
Working at OpenText, each day is a new day as you will encounter/experience different kind of issues/concerns and end-up learned new things, the collaboration of the management team was excellent, we practice or we always had to do weekly team lunch which actually a great help to exchange thoughts and celebrate success, If there's a hardest part of the job, i may say that it was having a slightly inefficient tools/application that we used on our day to day job. The most Enjoyable part is that you will get a credit for vacation leaves and also the company was very generous when it comes to medical allowances, that's why Opentext is one of the best place to work with.
Pros
Well compensated
Cons
Process
Salary / Benefits
The best thing about working with this company is it's value for people and their contributions towards the company's success - big or small. Employees are highly engaged and are provided with above market benefits package. Work/life balance is encouraged by the management.
Salary / Benefits
My typical day, I come to work early. 20 minutes before work time I checked my calendar and my things to do for the day. Checked my incoming emails identify the urgent and not so urgent request before doing my routine work such as preparing correspondence, checking the supplies in the pantry, calling suppliers to canvass supplies needed, assist during the meeting materials needed for the meeting. I learned to be proactive, asked questions if you did not understand, get confirmation by repeating what was said. Be a smart at your work, always welcome change, do the best in everything you do. A good management style is someone who gives clear direction and pretty hands-off but ready to give and help guidance. Hardest part of the job is if there's no clear direction from the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is work life balance with good salary.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OpenText?
Salary / Benefits
OpenText has a good work place environment. We spend far too much time at work that the facilities make you feel like home at the workplace too. It also encourages you to innovate and participate in employee engagement activities, even encouraging you to lead some of the initiatives and trigger innovation ideas that would impact the account or even the world. Excellence and quality are both important factors of the work that you do and the people that you deal with in OpenText.
Pros
great facilities for the employees (accessible vendo machines in all floors, free coffee and milo, with clinic and nursing/breastfeeding rooms for mothers, with sleeping quarters), various employee engagement activities with management support
Salary / Benefits
OpenText provides a good and non-toxic working environment to its employees. My colleagues are very friendly as well. My current work in OpenText as an accountant is very different from my previous work as an auditor; such that, most of my tasks are repetitive in nature and doesn't involve much technical aspect of accounting. Though I find my current job as not being too difficult, the hardest part is having to deal to voluminous transactions each month-end within a limited span of time. With this however, I'm able to increase my work efficiency and time management skills which is also something I enjoyed the most; the feel of having accomplished a lot by month-end. Lastly, the salary package as well is very competitive, however, it's still not enough for the daily demands of my personal life considering that I'm the only working member in the family. Unfortunate as it may seem, this is the main reason why I'm looking for jobs outside of the country.
Pros
Competitive salary package and benefits; Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Limited venue for learning new things and expanding one's knowledge in accounting.