Nielsen

Nielsen Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
It was very insightful, very engaging, helpful and welcoming environment. It had a very professional environment. I learned a lot in my experience in the company.
Salary / Benefits
Nielsen Company will give your career a chance to grow by providing roles that you think you can handle. Mentors are willing to train you for your personal and career growth.
Salary / Benefits
It promotes collaborative environment. Managers were very motivating when it comes to employee's growth. Also, promotes innovative thinking in which helped employees to be better
Salary / Benefits
A positive mission statement outlines the goals and demonstrative behavior that exemplify the highest commitment to quality and service to each other, the company, customers and shareholders. The company sets out to achieve its goals in ethical, honest ways with an elevated sense of purpose to improving the planet and humanity.
Salary / Benefits
good office-mates, exciting job experience, I learn a lot of thing in terms trouble shooting and installation and repair of meters. It's just kind'a tiring driving in far places since I was assign in montalban and marikina area, but meeting new people talking to them while working makes me enjoy more my job.
Pros
Cons
long travel time
Salary / Benefits
If you are used to more "active" occupations (ex. events management), note that this is much more passive -- you get to meet and report to decision-makers, but getting other person-to-person interaction is all on you. Good thing colleagues are friendly and eager to go travel for leisure. Management is very supportive; take advantage of face-to-face talks as much as you can. Trainings are standard and can be accessed at any time when necessary. If you're in retail/quantitative research, you have the chance to sit in qualitative research activities. Alcoholic beverages sometimes available on Fridays, which is fun, just take care you don't get sloshed when trying to meet deadlines. Quarterly meetings are something else -- they are part serious discussions, and part crazy fun. If there was one thing I did not like, it's that the third-party data gathering teams hired would not always revert with accurate data, thus skewing certain market studies.
Pros
Supportive management, mentoring, genuine team-building, being able to work in relative peace and quiet
Cons
Inaccurate data retrieval, occupation better suited for those inclined to be introverts
Salary / Benefits
It was just a part time job for me so that i can't say more to it.. The good thing about this work is you have a long time of processing the projects have given to you and you are the one who will manage your time in working.
Pros
Paid projects
Cons
Field work
Salary / Benefits
well, a day at work under the sun, makes you feel sociable. especially in meeting different types of people. i learned a lot, like how to deal politely even if the person you are speaking to was too harsh and was getting hard on you. i like the management, but the supervisor was quite hard to deal with. and its like a family having my co-workers with me, together we spent our time joyfully. i think the hardest part of the job was, dealing with the one who supervised us all (the supervisor). and the most enjoyable part was meeting jolly people even mad people as well...
Pros
free lunches (when on the field)
Cons
long hours (especially when weekends)
Salary / Benefits
Challenging for having good reports in interviewing the different kind of people, We travel a lot here in different provinces which we are about to gather different information about the survvey on new launch products
Pros
commissions
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
My experience at Nielsen Philippines has exposed me to various methodologies as well as enabled me to work with various industries and clients. We were trained in both qualitative and quantitative methods and proprietary tools like BASES. I was privileged to work with seasoned market research practitioners and very sharp marketing professionals from top companies - Unilever and SC Johnson, etc. What I learned from working there - a delighted client will ensure repeat business.
Salary / Benefits
The company is good. I learn a lot especially when it comes to encoding and analyzing by the use of software, MS word, MS excel, etc.
Pros
Free lunch, snack and dinner after our montly meeting
Salary / Benefits
Nielsen is a fun workplace. The employees are bursting with positive energy and positive vibe. It is also like an academy company since most of the employees are young. It is a company where you can meet friends that turn into 2nd family unit. Compensation-wise, they offer salaries and benefits that are competitive. This is a place that i'd love to stay for long but there are personal matters and decisions that i had to make so i left. Try it so you can experience it for yourself.
Pros
Work and play activities almost every month
Cons
Extended hours during peak season. No overtime pay for field based employees
Salary / Benefits
a typical day would be project briefing then project training, after the training is field work, research work is a continuous learning process of everyday life plus product know-how...enjoyable because you work at your desired personal pace as long as deadlines are met.
Pros
free lunches on product briefing and training, deductible transportation fees
Cons
scheduling of appointments
Salary / Benefits
* Customers contact the CS team to request for a study/research in a particular field of interest in Market research. All departments interacts to accomplish the requested project and ensure that the deadline is met. * I learned from The Nielsen the importance of clear and constant communication to ensure the fluidity of a process, and to avoid mishaps in the operation. * The management varies depending on the manager/director. some departments are well managed while some others are ill-managed. although the company preach growth/promotion from within 90% of the time vacancies are filled from external applicants. * the hardest part of the job is to avoid getting bored with the monotony of the tasks and activities that are laid out for the day-to-day job * the most enjoyable part of the job is that you can get the chance to interact, collaborate, and discuss business solutions with a wide variety of people - from coworkers to vendors/suppliers.
Pros
High paying compensation package
Cons
Long hours w/ no overtime pay
Salary / Benefits
This job and company taught me lots of things and gained me not just friends because we work as a family. I am under agency so they call us vendor, but i am still a data analyst/processor. I handling retailers and audit products that you can actually see in supermarkets, convenience store, etc. Well, even if we have long hours, over time, i still love this job because of the people i'm working with is just amazing!
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
it's a regular time and days of work, no pressure. i have learned a lot of things but what provides me the most is i was able to improve my my skills in handling people and able to learn different ways to find and give best results even in the most critical situations. the management was fair enough but what i like the most is them giving there employees a chance to boost self confidence. my co-workers are fine with my second job i'm glad because we help each other every time one of us are done. there's no hard parts with my jobs, the more harder it gets the more i see it challenging. the most enjoyable part for me is when i able to do my job well done and get to know that my employer is satisfied with my job.
Pros
free lunch, allowance, gift certificates and transportation.
Salary / Benefits
During my stint at Nielsen, I work as an Executive for retail audit. I supervise a team which conduct retail audit in various retail outlets in Greater Manila Area. I also, submits report on a monthly basis updates on retail trade such as sales status, promotions in trade and trade deals. Evaluates the team's performance on a monthly basis and do the training and coaching on people if the need arises. My learning include; how to handle and manage people. report writing, to be patient on all types of people, to communicate with various people's classes. The management is fair as we have a documented process of employees' evaluation with corresponding salary increases base on performance. We are a happy company especially in our department as we always open to help. As a field people, the hardest part is when we are at the office doing paperwork, and the most enjoyable part is when we are on field doing our work and mingling with different types of people.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is to encode all the data what we had seen on the Program as well as the commercials on Television.I learned a lot of this company as more productive, efficient, more responsible and being a work-oriented and I gain my speed test as well.My co-workers are all cooperative, they are all responsible and friendly and work-oriented as well.The hardest part of the job is when we had an experiences a problem in VCR meaning it is a recording of all the channels on the television and sometimes it will not recorded that can cause problem of delaying of works.The most enjoyable part is when were having an events like seminars, sports, gathering. We felt that we are one family.
Pros
free accomodation, transpo allowance