National Grid Corporation of the Philippines

National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Employee Reviews

Philippines85 reviews
Salary / Benefits
All of the engineers and all employees are friendly and very reachable.you can talk to them like friend sometimes you work an extra hour and drove long distances if needed but its good for us because of the overtime pay if that happens they provide the your food and drink
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Favor to us if there is an overtime
Salary / Benefits
The workplace is located in the airport runway where general aviation aircraft take off and land; being maintained, repaired, towed, taxied, or parked. We start working at 8 AM, lunch break is at 12 - 1 PM. In the morning, upon arriving at work, we eat breakfast altogether. And then we a start working with the aircrafts. It's a dirty job, we get all greased, oiled, spilled with gas, etc, but all so fun and productive because my team are so nice and funny. We have a very good teamwork. The most enjoyable part is whenever we goof around, while being productive, my teammates has sense of humor so it's not just doing the job but also doing it out of passion.
Pros
Fun workmates, flexible hours
Cons
Salary is low
Salary / Benefits
They are fun to be with and the employees makes you more comfortable in the workplace. They give us advices on preparing the real world in the industry.
Pros
Friendly employees
Salary / Benefits
The Company provides competitive salary to its people with several benefits. The work load is proportionate with the compensation you received.
Salary / Benefits
The hardest part of the job at NGCP is negotiating with NPA rebels and later on abandoning the negotiation. Putting the lives of their employers at risks!
Salary / Benefits
Encoding,updating documents for notarization, entertaining all problems that came from the clients/landowner based on their properties that affected to the upgrading line transmission fom panitan-nabas project
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Salary / Benefits
Working in this company is very enjoyable because of new aircraft that is available there and there's a lot of things you can learn from people/worker in this company. The hardest part of the job is that when a very major discrepancy occurs but its very challenging for all of us and we enjoyed that part.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lunch break
Salary / Benefits
-It is fulfilling my career with a company that would allow me to be a part of a dynamic and progressive organization. -My boss is so understanding and co workers are very friendly to others.
Salary / Benefits
Great Company with great colleague. i learned a lot from this company and gave me the skills and knowledge what i have today.
Salary / Benefits
Supervising and monitoring of transmission line inspector in conducting line to tower inspections.Moreso, submitting up-to-date report of tower inspected and other clerical stuff. And performs other tasks assigned by the district security officer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Project Based Employment
Salary / Benefits
requires full attention to operation and maintenance details and procedures for the grid to avoid power interruption on major cities of the country.
Pros
excellent healthcare insurance and travel allowances
Cons
on call anytime of the day
Salary / Benefits
I love my Job in National Grid Corporation of the Philippines as Data Encoder of year end Inventory only as contractual I've learned so many things on that job and I love the management and my Job..
Pros
Free Lunched etc.
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
I was able to improved my ability to work with accuracy and speed and acquired the knowledge and skills in office procedures and the use of office equipment. The management were sensitive enough to provide the needs of their employees.
Salary / Benefits
A big salaries and other benefits quite good but, safety of employee specially in the field like as Lineman lack of PPE, or the security is not good.
Salary / Benefits
a typical day at work is maintenance patrolling 69kv and 230kv I learned so many things techniques and strategies at work pertaining to maintenance and shut down procedures and safety measures I have a smooth relationship with my co-workers because it is important to have a "team" called The hardest part of the job is when there is an emergency needs to be fix in a certain place like calamities typhoons, earthquakes etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is I always learned everyday
Salary / Benefits
 I act as a Senior Security Guard, Assists the Security Officer in the development of Security Policies, Strategies, Standards and Guidelines. Act as an official representative of the Security Department on security matters with other functional groups of the Company. The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines management provided the best for all employees which regards with salary and benefits. Co-workers were competitive and passionate..
Salary / Benefits
The most advance experienced is that I saw how the processes were being done especially on the operations and maintenance aspects.
Pros
Some of the benefits if not all are provided, even if it was limited in nature.
Cons
Most of all time immerse on extended works to catch up deadlines.
Salary / Benefits
• Executes operating orders and switching procedures during outages and normalization of substation equipment and transmission lines. • Conducts routine inspection of all substation equipment including 600MVA and 50MVA power transformers. • Gather all operational data from statistical meters, equipment gauges, annunciators, protective relays. • Receives, prepares, transmits and files operational reports, correspondences and other related documents. • Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance activities of substation equipment including power transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches, battery banks, CCTV, fire alarm system and etc. • Conduct testing of substation power equipment during preventive maintenance. • Prepares switching sequences/procedure for requested shutdown/project. • Disseminates notice of power interruption to power customers. • Assists in the installation, upgrading and commissioning of substation equipment. • Monitors performance of substation and prepares the necessary reports. • Supervises projects and activities in the assigned substation. • Monitors budget utilization and implementation of work/job orders related to substation. • Performs root-cause analyses for substation equipment outages and recommends measures in order to come up with corrective or preventive actions. • Maintain all electrical switchgear, equipment, panels, and electrical distribution around the substation.
Salary / Benefits
The job begins with endorsement since it is a 24-hour operation. I learned the system on how electricity is passed on to different customers. The hardest part of the job is when abnormality occurs on the system. This usually happens during rainy season wherein strong winds are present and lightnings occur. This will cause the breakers to tripped causing absence of electricity to different customers. We need to analyze the situation fast and coordinate with different groups for a fast restoration of power. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is alright thereby no too much pressure from the customers and superiors.
Salary / Benefits
Good company but not so good on employee welfare and not so good on people management
Salary / Benefits
work as Principal Engr 8 hrs a day for 5 days and 24 hours on call i learned to flexible on many things and situaton the management is very supportive my co workers are good the hardest part is when i made a specific instruction and decision the most enjoyable part is during breaktime after maintenance activities