National Grid Corporation of the Philippines

National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Employee Reviews

Philippines85 reviews
Salary / Benefits
All of the engineers and all employees are friendly and very reachable.you can talk to them like friend sometimes you work an extra hour and drove long distances if needed but its good for us because of the overtime pay if that happens they provide the your food and drink
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Favor to us if there is an overtime
Salary / Benefits
NGCP is a privately owned corporation in charge of operating, maintaining, and developing the country's state-owned power grid, an interconnected system that transmits gigawatts of power at thousands of volts from where it is made to where it is needed.

The company performs its mandate as transmission service provider with the full awareness of its nature as a public utility, and in full compliance with the rules and regulations of the regulator, and existing laws governing its transmission operations.
Pros
Full Benefit
Cons
Salary is good but Tax is high
Salary / Benefits
Alot of employess are contructual even they are spending more than 5 years. They dont make contructual employee regular from their job because they have a lot og hired agencies.
Salary / Benefits
I learn a lot of things like troubleshooting, networking, installing and formating of operating system. I have a good experience in the said company because I know how to handle my job and there's a good community that brings to us by following the rules and regulation so we enjoy our typical days of work.
Salary / Benefits
monitoring of load every duty, learn the flow of electrical distribution and the time is must important. the management is good to the employee but the salary is not good enough. it is most of electrical nature of distribution and power consumption end conservation, being employee of the company the hard part is that you have to awake 12hours of your duty shift, and most enjoyable is after the duty you have a good vacation time of your family.
Pros
Free meal, lunch and dinner.
Cons
12 long hours
Salary / Benefits
Do your job and follow the rules and regulations, secure all persons inside the facilities. Just enjoy your job.. And checked all persons and vehicles to enter in the facilities
Pros
Hardwork
Cons
Long hour
Salary / Benefits
As an ojt, I learned a lot with regards to my course. The experience is good and the employees were nice to us even though we were just interns. They provided assistance to us interns.
Workforce is competitive
Time management is efficient

Ample time to rest (12am to 1am)

Efficient and Effective environment to work

The location of the offfice is accessible
Salary / Benefits
They are working as a team. I feel like im a part of the organization they dont let you feel like ure just an intern. Haha so i really suggest you guys whose looking for a company for an intership to apply here.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Nice
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Grid Corporation of the Philippines?
Salary / Benefits
A very stable company in the Philippines. It cares for the career growth of the employees and satisfaction of their cutomers very much and it is manage by the SM Prime Holdings
Salary / Benefits
my everyday routine are the following: updating of billings and contract-related documents. Coordinates with other departments, division, contractors and suppliers. Makes follow-ups of the enrouted documents.I learned the systems of our divisions.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Non-related work matter
Salary / Benefits
In my situation even I'am qualify to other position in Government service have slot position need few applicant to accepting, so for my immediately source of income I grab this security guard job opportunity for my family. So until now I,,'am just contractual position base in my Agency, so that I will decided to applying for abroad as Security Guard even a factory workers and helper and also other opportunity to be given based on my knowledge I'am willing to accept.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no time limit
Salary / Benefits
I appreciate creativity, productivity and work efficiency the could provide the high quality of outcome I can offer which will boost the work progress.
Salary / Benefits
Employees need more trainings.
Some seniors are no longer motivated.

Management need to avoid hiring people they personally know
Salary / Benefits
fun workplace and can travel to different parts of the country(PHILIPPINES). i learned thru my experience in working since National Transmission Corporation is privatized how to us GPS, Total Station for surveying, AutoCAD operation. and has harmonious relationship with co workers as a team in and out of the office.
Pros
can go to different places in the country(Philippines)
Cons
not very well compensated
Salary / Benefits
In a typical day at work, I am on a shift. I monitor the delivery of power and often times I performed switching on the control panels.
The management are relying on our maintenance and operation of the substation and our daily reports. During my shift, I am the only engineer at the substation, my co-workers are on a different office and available only during the day. The hardest part of the job is restoring the operation of substation during blackouts or power interruption specially during night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there's no power interruption and i can use computer to enhance my skill and knowledge.
Pros
Free time at work.
Cons
No assistance at work shifts.
Salary / Benefits
NGCP provided me with the proper training that i have to undergo in order to know the actual work of my profession in that kind of field. I have completed 240 hours to do all the required task given to me during the training period.
Salary / Benefits
working on ngcp for a short period of time was very challenging and fun.. the work place is so productive and the people is competitive and hard working..
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot of things about the transmission part of the grid. The engineers taught us a lot during the training. It was a fun and educational workplace.
Salary / Benefits
I learned many thing about the behavior of the Luzon Power System Grid and how Power Plants and Substations coordinate with one another to avoid overloading through different events such as shutdown and maintenance schedules of different generating plants and substations.
Salary / Benefits
We work hard and Ive learned more ,management is good and my co- workers is responsible to others ,hardest part is long travel , and the enjoyable mabait na boss and good salary
Cons
7:00 am to 5:00 pm