National Grid Corporation of the Philippines

National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Employee Reviews

Philippines84 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Whatever you learned in electrical engineering will surely be applied in NGCP. It can be a challenge if you don't refresh regularly. The responsibility is also great because committing mistakes could affect a large area of the country.
- great working environment
- employees are very polite

- team members are very helpful

- the company is very generous in giving trainings and seminars
Salary / Benefits
Peter principle at its finest! lots of lazy workers not much has changed since being privatized. Patronage management is the key here. Nepotism is acceptable here, Promotions are a sham! draconic HR practices being masked by good compensation and benefits. Interim Promotion (Dry promotion) is practiced here they take advantage of their key employees and maintain lots of "deadwood" employees, blind loyalty top to bottom is required here. The culture of patronage is the key here to be successful (be patronizing to the old boys club). The goal of this corporation is just to make as many projects as they can without considering value engineering and cost benefit analysis for the Filipino people. The poorly engineered projects are being done (as expected with the culture of patronage). The Corporate shareholders are only concerned with the profits!!! That how this Basic commodity is being provided to the Filipino people.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Salary / Benefits
National Grid Corporation of the Philippines is one of the companies that supply electricity in whole Philippines. They also maintained the good services..
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my stay in NGCP because of the people working there. I love how they let their OJT to freely move or have their own judgment in work. Also I really like the lights off benefits that they have in there.
Salary / Benefits
Having been working with NGCP, it molded my mindset and professionalism relations with my colleagues and supervisors. Working abroad for 15 yrs made me learn and understand other cultures and religion of all sorts of nationalities. I can easily say that being employed with NGCP was somehow a first for me here in the Philippines.
Salary / Benefits
I started as a Computer Technician, then rose from ranks then now a Senior Engineer.

The work is kind of boring in the long run, but it is a good place to start a career. People are great, workplace is good and competition is high. Learn to speak the language or give in to superiors to be noticed and given much more needed improvements. Bureaucracy is prevalent.

The job is easy and sometimes you create your own job and niche in order to thrive.

The hardest part of the job is when going on travel and you have lack of resources.

Enjoyable part is there's always a meal during meetings and seminars. Also, there's an internet access in almost everywhere. The work is not that hard, reports are somewhat easy but takes time.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks during meetings, birthdays and specials events.
Cons
Long hours of work is required to finish reports.
Salary / Benefits
Recently, the company received and award as "The No. 1 Employer" nationwide here in the Philippines. I work as a Design and Construction Engineer in our division under Operations and Maintenance Department. We cater small infrastructure project of our Department. In a daily basis I explore many fields under Electrical Engineering to provide quality design and to safely implement the construction.in our company we practice good practice as we continue the practice of our seniors that we tent pass in the next generation. The hardest part of my Job I say is when the project required the latest technologies. It takes time for me to search and research the best
Pros
Free ride and accommodation during travel.
Cons
Political Issues in the company sometime.
Salary / Benefits
They have allowance for on the job trainees
They allow trainees to join in visiting substations

Its fun to work there since they are very accomodating

Lots to learn
Pros
with allowance
Cons
nothing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Grid Corporation of the Philippines?
* Simple environment
* Continuous learning

* Management style is average

* Crowded but organize

* Change and acceleration of targets

*Inspection
Pros
No Time in
Cons
Long hour of work without overtime
Salary / Benefits
In my intern, I have learn a lot of things that improves my skills and knowledge. It also boosts self-motivation in working in this industry. I hope I can find kind of this company.
Salary / Benefits
For me it's change a lot because our new agency, but the people who I've work before until now still the same, they very nice and easy to reach out. Im happy that im still working in thus company
Salary / Benefits
My experience as an on-the-job trainee at National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) has provided me with an excellent background in the practical aspects of electrical engineering.
Pros
excellent training for electrical engineers
Cons
commuting in evening is very hard
Salary / Benefits
Ideal Company for OJT's, Electrical Engineering Graduates and Engineers. Good accomodation. Technical Practices are great! You'll learn a lot from them.
Salary / Benefits
Nice workplace, the substation is wide. I've learned a lot of things based on our daily activities that we had. Got a little bit busy during rainy season.
Salary / Benefits
Being keen to details, demonstrates professionalism and time efficient are my biggest learning's in this company. The management are exceptional in giving importance to this employees. Being pressured and time bounded are the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Salary / Benefits
NGCP is a good company to those who has a degree in BS Electrical Engineering. You skills will be developed if you will be assign to technical side. However what I dont like is that the salary is not fair to all. The salary of the engineer who were hired 1 year after I was hired was significantly more than I received knowing we have the same position and nature of work.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
salary not fair
Salary / Benefits
the workers that taught as are very good in their field and don't let their trainee to be in behind of their individual work. we work as a team in that company
Pros
nice working place
Cons
long working hours
Salary / Benefits
what i learned good in data encoder makes your employer happy, because you do the job well and also will have a multi tasking working attitude so that yu work will be more easier to do
Salary / Benefits
Expose people in engineering works. Gained more knowledge about engineering stuffs. Expose myself in interpersonl related skills. Its a perfect company for all electrical engineer.
Salary / Benefits
NGCP is a privately owned corporation in charge of operating, maintaining, and developing the country's state-owned power grid, an interconnected system that transmits gigawatts of power at thousands of volts from where it is made to where it is needed.

The company performs its mandate as transmission service provider with the full awareness of its nature as a public utility, and in full compliance with the rules and regulations of the regulator, and existing laws governing its transmission operations.
Pros
Full Benefit
Cons
Salary is good but Tax is high