National Grid Corporation of the Philippines

National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Management reviews

Salary / Benefits
I had a lot of learnings in this company ex. I know how read a sketch plan, i know what is all about in the Title(Titulo), Tax Dec. and others. The enjoyable part is when we climb to the mountains. The management is strict in terms of working time.The work culture is so challenging. The hardest part is when you lost the documents and going back agin to collect them.
Salary / Benefits
Good Salary requiring small effort on your job. Majority of employees are very relax at work. This company is a bonus already because you will be paid for doing nothing. However, the culture is worst due to its Government-Style environment. Palakasan system is everywhere. Seems like everyday we have a disco party in our department. Not recommended to young engineers who need to set up the foundation of their values.
Salary / Benefits
If experience in electrical engineering work is your desire then NGCP is a good place to work with. There are Planning and Engineering group for the pre-construction ad construction works of new transmission lines and substation expansion capacities works as well as rehabilitation and upgrading works of existing installations. The Systems Operations group for the management of the grid as the safest and most dependable at all times, and the Operations and Maintenance where I belong are also responsible in the most reliable distribution of power to the utilities and other directly connected industrial establishments or loads as well. The people working there also are very supportive and fun to be with. You get the chance to travel almost all areas in the country (Philippines) with accommodations from accredited hotels free of charge.
Pros
guaranteed 14th month pay
Cons
no labor union representing the employees to top management level
Salary / Benefits
Peter principle at its finest! lots of lazy workers not much has changed since being privatized. Patronage management is the key here. Nepotism is acceptable here, Promotions are a sham! draconic HR practices being masked by good compensation and benefits. Interim Promotion (Dry promotion) is practiced here they take advantage of their key employees and maintain lots of "deadwood" employees, blind loyalty top to bottom is required here. The culture of patronage is the key here to be successful (be patronizing to the old boys club). The goal of this corporation is just to make as many projects as they can without considering value engineering and cost benefit analysis for the Filipino people. The poorly engineered projects are being done (as expected with the culture of patronage). The Corporate shareholders are only concerned with the profits!!! That how this Basic commodity is being provided to the Filipino people.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Salary / Benefits
* Simple environment * Continuous learning * Management style is average * Crowded but organize * Change and acceleration of targets *Inspection
Pros
No Time in
Cons
Long hour of work without overtime
Salary / Benefits
overall the company is great, nature of business is challenging and exciting, I learned a lot, coz working in Power Industry is interesting but for me, the management needs to focus more on managing people, not on the assets coz the workers are the one's who makes the business run., the hardest part of our job is to restore communication due to outside fault during storm, but if you have enjoyable workmates, everything is exciting and challenging.
Salary / Benefits
Being keen to details, demonstrates professionalism and time efficient are my biggest learning's in this company. The management are exceptional in giving importance to this employees. Being pressured and time bounded are the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Salary / Benefits
monitoring of load every duty, learn the flow of electrical distribution and the time is must important. the management is good to the employee but the salary is not good enough. it is most of electrical nature of distribution and power consumption end conservation, being employee of the company the hard part is that you have to awake 12hours of your duty shift, and most enjoyable is after the duty you have a good vacation time of your family.
Pros
Free meal, lunch and dinner.
Cons
12 long hours
Salary / Benefits
Workforce is competitive Time management is efficient Ample time to rest (12am to 1am) Efficient and Effective environment to work The location of the offfice is accessible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Grid Corporation of the Philippines?
Salary / Benefits
Employees need more trainings. Some seniors are no longer motivated. Management need to avoid hiring people they personally know
Salary / Benefits
In a typical day at work, I am on a shift. I monitor the delivery of power and often times I performed switching on the control panels. The management are relying on our maintenance and operation of the substation and our daily reports. During my shift, I am the only engineer at the substation, my co-workers are on a different office and available only during the day. The hardest part of the job is restoring the operation of substation during blackouts or power interruption specially during night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there's no power interruption and i can use computer to enhance my skill and knowledge.
Pros
Free time at work.
Cons
No assistance at work shifts.
Salary / Benefits
We work hard and Ive learned more ,management is good and my co- workers is responsible to others ,hardest part is long travel , and the enjoyable mabait na boss and good salary
Cons
7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary / Benefits
By working with 8 hours a day with the latest technology on hand provided by the management and with the good team effort from my colleague was a joyful and enjoyable to work with.
Salary / Benefits
I love my Job in National Grid Corporation of the Philippines as Data Encoder of year end Inventory only as contractual I've learned so many things on that job and I love the management and my Job..
Pros
Free Lunched etc.
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
I was able to improved my ability to work with accuracy and speed and acquired the knowledge and skills in office procedures and the use of office equipment. The management were sensitive enough to provide the needs of their employees.
Salary / Benefits
 I act as a Senior Security Guard, Assists the Security Officer in the development of Security Policies, Strategies, Standards and Guidelines. Act as an official representative of the Security Department on security matters with other functional groups of the Company. The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines management provided the best for all employees which regards with salary and benefits. Co-workers were competitive and passionate..
Salary / Benefits
Good company but not so good on employee welfare and not so good on people management
Salary / Benefits
work as Principal Engr 8 hrs a day for 5 days and 24 hours on call i learned to flexible on many things and situaton the management is very supportive my co workers are good the hardest part is when i made a specific instruction and decision the most enjoyable part is during breaktime after maintenance activities
Salary / Benefits
Co workers are nice considering we all came from the same old government company that was privatized. Management still need to smoothen some ends as this company is partly owned by Filipinos and Chinese. While travelling to field offices can be tiring and sometimes hazardous, it is also a pleasure to see other places and take a break from the confines of the office.
Pros
good pay
Cons
insurancr package is low