National Grid Corporation of the Philippines

National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Employee Reviews for Engineer

Engineer5 reviews
Philippines5 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I've learned the operations and maintenance of high voltage equipment found in our power grid. The workplace is very inviting to all employees and everyone does his/her job with precision and passion.
Salary / Benefits
NGCP is a good company to those who has a degree in BS Electrical Engineering. You skills will be developed if you will be assign to technical side. However what I dont like is that the salary is not fair to all. The salary of the engineer who were hired 1 year after I was hired was significantly more than I received knowing we have the same position and nature of work.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
salary not fair
Salary / Benefits
In a typical day at work, I am on a shift. I monitor the delivery of power and often times I performed switching on the control panels.
The management are relying on our maintenance and operation of the substation and our daily reports. During my shift, I am the only engineer at the substation, my co-workers are on a different office and available only during the day. The hardest part of the job is restoring the operation of substation during blackouts or power interruption specially during night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there's no power interruption and i can use computer to enhance my skill and knowledge.
Pros
Free time at work.
Cons
No assistance at work shifts.
Salary / Benefits
• Executes operating orders and switching procedures during outages and normalization of substation equipment and transmission lines.
• Conducts routine inspection of all substation equipment including 600MVA and 50MVA power transformers.

• Gather all operational data from statistical meters, equipment gauges, annunciators, protective relays.

• Receives, prepares, transmits and files operational reports, correspondences and other related documents.

• Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance activities of substation equipment including power transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches, battery banks, CCTV, fire alarm system and etc.

• Conduct testing of substation power equipment during preventive maintenance.

• Prepares switching sequences/procedure for requested shutdown/project.

• Disseminates notice of power interruption to power customers.

• Assists in the installation, upgrading and commissioning of substation equipment.

• Monitors performance of substation and prepares the necessary reports.

• Supervises projects and activities in the assigned substation.

• Monitors budget utilization and implementation of work/job orders related to substation.

• Performs root-cause analyses for substation equipment outages and recommends measures in order to come up with corrective or preventive actions.

• Maintain all electrical switchgear, equipment, panels, and electrical distribution around the substation.
Salary / Benefits
The job begins with endorsement since it is a 24-hour operation. I learned the system on how electricity is passed on to different customers. The hardest part of the job is when abnormality occurs on the system. This usually happens during rainy season wherein strong winds are present and lightnings occur. This will cause the breakers to tripped causing absence of electricity to different customers. We need to analyze the situation fast and coordinate with different groups for a fast restoration of power. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is alright thereby no too much pressure from the customers and superiors.