Merck

Clear
4.0Salary & Benefits

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,203 reviews
Salary / Benefits

Merck in general is a good company to work at

Working with Merck opened doors of opportunities for me. Working in a very fast paced company like merck pushed me to give more and rediscover my capabilities and talents. Generally, Merck is a good company to work at, vast portfolio, and high end instruments for high tech innovations.

Una gran empresa

Es una empresa líder en el mercado, la cual se basa en respeto, Inclusión, tolerancia y compromiso con sus trabajadores y el mercado en general. Recomendable laborar ahí te dan oportunidades de crecimiento.
Salary / Benefits

A company that prioritizes job work/life balance

At Merck, career growth is available and is highly encouraged for everyone to make. Training and workshop are always given to advance each employees career.

Good Pharmaceutical Company

typical day at work is reviewing accounting transactions and processing tax returns. checking reimbursements Learned about the pharmaceutical industry Management is good except that the German CEO's are always very demanding Workplace culture - professional and friendly Hardest part of the job are the long hours Most enjoyable part of the job is nice camaraderie among employees

Pros

Good salary, good camaraderie

Products and workmates

Good benefits, work life balance, good camaraderie, highly superior products, good morals and ethics, i did not experience hardship since i enjoyed my job at Merck.

Pros

Good benefits, Company will take care of their employees

Cons

weak in marketing strategy

Salary / Benefits

long hour at work with minimum chances of job advancement

a typical day at work requires you to visit at least 16 clients and I learned to manage my time effectively. Management have internal politics and workplace culture is fair. The hardest part of the job is the long hours in the territory but the most enjoyable part is you meet different clients where you develop your communication skills.

Pros

company car, gas card, Hmo

Cons

long hours at work
Salary / Benefits

You will learn a lot and you will become a better person

Just be yourself and always stay positive what ever comes your way.. learn from your mistake. Be patience and dont let your pressure be the reason of your fast decision always think carefully.

Pros

Good co-worker easy to get along

Salary / Benefits

all tools and trainings provided

Very Happy and well organized company.They give you excellent benefits and continous training to be competent and fruitful.

Nice Environment

Same above statement that I provide. The Company have good environment have good job culture and you can learn a lot of things.

Pros

Full Medical Benefits

Fun and Challenging Job

Everyday Monday morning, I will have a phone meeting with my supervisor since she is based in Davao City and I'm assigned in General Santos City. We will discuss about the activities for the week and goal planning. After which, I will start visiting pharmacies to do product inventory and get orders. Then, my typical work set up would visit 15-20 doctors everyday except weekends. I have a very good relationship with my clients and also with my co-workers. We helped each other and talked on a regular basis. I considered my supervisor as my mom and best friend because I can ask for help at any time. I considered driving as the hardest part of my job since I have to travel 3-4 hours almost everyday. And the most enjoyable part of the work would be talking to different kind of people. I can be myself since I am friendly in nature that makes medical representative suitable for me.

Pros

Medical benefits, Rice Allowance, Company Car

Cons

Long hours of Drive
Salary / Benefits

Lots of challenges for career growth

Fun company to work with because of the exciting challenges each day

Pros

Free gas, lunch

Cons

Lengthy work schedules
Salary / Benefits

Productive and fun environment but immediate supervisor is a hindrance to careers development

My present job is a very challenging and enjoyable job. Everyday for me is a learning process. You've got to know and learned the different types of people; customers , co-workers, and the competitors as well. I do not have problems with my co-workers and the management of the company as well. The company offers better benefits and compensation than other companies. I can say that the most enjoyable and challenging part of my job are: to aim to be the market leader in your product class that you're promoting, to be a best employee in the company and to aim for a better and a higher position in the company. However, doing to be the best person you can be will turn to nothing if your immediate supervisor is selfish and is not open for promotion of hi/her subordinates. I have learned that, doing the right things and delivering what is expected from you as an employee will make/create a harmonious relationship in the organization.

Pros

create better relationship and harmonious working environment as long as you follow you boss

Cons

you will be barred for promotion, as long as your boss is not open for career growth of his /her people
Salary / Benefits

Merck is a good company to work with a chance for career growth

Daily coverage of 15 to 17 doctors a day to promote pharmceutical drug of MSD makes my day with the company. Working independently everyday made me honest at all times and a dedicated worker with high commitment to core values of MSD. Every employee within treat each other as second family. There is a work-life balance for the company ensures that we don't work during week-ends and holidays. Since the company deals with sales sometimes monthly target becomes demanding but still manageable. Learning is a part of working that made the job an exciting place to be and a pathway for career advancement and growth.

Pros

the company provides a daily allowance aside from the salary and commission.

Cons

the chance of spending a lot because of good compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K