Merck
Information from Merck:

Merck Salary & Benefits reviews

Philippines28 reviews
Salary / Benefits
typical day at work is reviewing accounting transactions and processing tax returns. checking reimbursements Learned about the pharmaceutical industry Management is good except that the German CEO's are always very demanding Workplace culture - professional and friendly Hardest part of the job are the long hours Most enjoyable part of the job is nice camaraderie among employees
Pros
Good salary, good camaraderie
Salary / Benefits
Good benefits, work life balance, good camaraderie, highly superior products, good morals and ethics, i did not experience hardship since i enjoyed my job at Merck.
Pros
Good benefits, Company will take care of their employees
Cons
weak in marketing strategy
Salary / Benefits
Just be yourself and always stay positive what ever comes your way.. learn from your mistake. Be patience and dont let your pressure be the reason of your fast decision always think carefully.
Pros
Good co-worker easy to get along
Salary / Benefits
Very Happy and well organized company.They give you excellent benefits and continous training to be competent and fruitful.
Salary / Benefits
Merck Serono has been in operation for 350 years with global headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Work includes ethical promotions of prescription medicines an marketing activities. Medical reps are field-based with flexible hours, but no overtime pay.
Pros
Company car, Health benefits
Cons
Salary, incentives, bonuses lower than other companies of same size and business
Salary / Benefits
Same above statement that I provide. The Company have good environment have good job culture and you can learn a lot of things.
Pros
Full Medical Benefits
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace but lack of benefits. I learned how to use advanced excel. The work environment is just fine and I really enjoy working with less supervision.
Salary / Benefits
a working environment with high pressure,initiate team building activities, Schedule Trainings for Sales personnel, Monitor Sales Visit Plan and Daily Visit reports, Compile Weekly Sales Report
Pros
salary+ healthcard (with dependents)+ allowance+ car+ cellphone load+ laptop
Cons
no manager, car should be endorse to the sales person
Salary / Benefits
Everyday Monday morning, I will have a phone meeting with my supervisor since she is based in Davao City and I'm assigned in General Santos City. We will discuss about the activities for the week and goal planning. After which, I will start visiting pharmacies to do product inventory and get orders. Then, my typical work set up would visit 15-20 doctors everyday except weekends. I have a very good relationship with my clients and also with my co-workers. We helped each other and talked on a regular basis. I considered my supervisor as my mom and best friend because I can ask for help at any time. I considered driving as the hardest part of my job since I have to travel 3-4 hours almost everyday. And the most enjoyable part of the work would be talking to different kind of people. I can be myself since I am friendly in nature that makes medical representative suitable for me.
Pros
Medical benefits, Rice Allowance, Company Car
Cons
Long hours of Drive
Salary / Benefits
Fun company to work with because of the exciting challenges each day
Pros
Free gas, lunch
Cons
Lengthy work schedules
Salary / Benefits
My present job is a very challenging and enjoyable job. Everyday for me is a learning process. You've got to know and learned the different types of people; customers , co-workers, and the competitors as well. I do not have problems with my co-workers and the management of the company as well. The company offers better benefits and compensation than other companies. I can say that the most enjoyable and challenging part of my job are: to aim to be the market leader in your product class that you're promoting, to be a best employee in the company and to aim for a better and a higher position in the company. However, doing to be the best person you can be will turn to nothing if your immediate supervisor is selfish and is not open for promotion of hi/her subordinates. I have learned that, doing the right things and delivering what is expected from you as an employee will make/create a harmonious relationship in the organization.
Pros
create better relationship and harmonious working environment as long as you follow you boss
Cons
you will be barred for promotion, as long as your boss is not open for career growth of his /her people
Salary / Benefits
Daily coverage of 15 to 17 doctors a day to promote pharmceutical drug of MSD makes my day with the company. Working independently everyday made me honest at all times and a dedicated worker with high commitment to core values of MSD. Every employee within treat each other as second family. There is a work-life balance for the company ensures that we don't work during week-ends and holidays. Since the company deals with sales sometimes monthly target becomes demanding but still manageable. Learning is a part of working that made the job an exciting place to be and a pathway for career advancement and growth.
Pros
the company provides a daily allowance aside from the salary and commission.
Cons
the chance of spending a lot because of good compensation.