Merck

Clear
3.5Job Security & Advancement

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,200 reviews
Salary / Benefits

Merck in general is a good company to work at

Working with Merck opened doors of opportunities for me. Working in a very fast paced company like merck pushed me to give more and rediscover my capabilities and talents. Generally, Merck is a good company to work at, vast portfolio, and high end instruments for high tech innovations.
Salary / Benefits

A company that prioritizes job work/life balance

At Merck, career growth is available and is highly encouraged for everyone to make. Training and workshop are always given to advance each employees career.

Good training ground

being a sales representative for five years in Merck Sharp and Dome provided me good training background especially when it comes to sales field. it gained me knowledge and skills relevant to the profession
Salary / Benefits

all tools and trainings provided

Very Happy and well organized company.They give you excellent benefits and continous training to be competent and fruitful.
Salary / Benefits

The oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company

Merck Serono has been in operation for 350 years with global headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Work includes ethical promotions of prescription medicines an marketing activities. Medical reps are field-based with flexible hours, but no overtime pay.

Pros

Company car, Health benefits

Cons

Salary, incentives, bonuses lower than other companies of same size and business

Nice Environment

Same above statement that I provide. The Company have good environment have good job culture and you can learn a lot of things.

Pros

Full Medical Benefits
Salary / Benefits

Productive and fun environment but immediate supervisor is a hindrance to careers development

My present job is a very challenging and enjoyable job. Everyday for me is a learning process. You've got to know and learned the different types of people; customers , co-workers, and the competitors as well. I do not have problems with my co-workers and the management of the company as well. The company offers better benefits and compensation than other companies. I can say that the most enjoyable and challenging part of my job are: to aim to be the market leader in your product class that you're promoting, to be a best employee in the company and to aim for a better and a higher position in the company. However, doing to be the best person you can be will turn to nothing if your immediate supervisor is selfish and is not open for promotion of hi/her subordinates. I have learned that, doing the right things and delivering what is expected from you as an employee will make/create a harmonious relationship in the organization.

Pros

create better relationship and harmonious working environment as long as you follow you boss

Cons

you will be barred for promotion, as long as your boss is not open for career growth of his /her people
Salary / Benefits

Merck is a good company to work with a chance for career growth

Daily coverage of 15 to 17 doctors a day to promote pharmceutical drug of MSD makes my day with the company. Working independently everyday made me honest at all times and a dedicated worker with high commitment to core values of MSD. Every employee within treat each other as second family. There is a work-life balance for the company ensures that we don't work during week-ends and holidays. Since the company deals with sales sometimes monthly target becomes demanding but still manageable. Learning is a part of working that made the job an exciting place to be and a pathway for career advancement and growth.

Pros

the company provides a daily allowance aside from the salary and commission.

Cons

the chance of spending a lot because of good compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.4K

4.0Salary / Benefits
  • Merck
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?