Merck
Merck Employee Review

The oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company

July 1, 2016
Merck Serono has been in operation for 350 years with global headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.

Work includes ethical promotions of prescription medicines an marketing activities.

Medical reps are field-based with flexible hours, but no overtime pay.
Salary / Benefits
Pros
Company car, Health benefits
Cons
Salary, incentives, bonuses lower than other companies of same size and business
January 3, 2016
Same role
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) - Philippines
Dealing with clients on a day to day basis. I learned how to manage clients concern and handle objections and rejections. In management, as long as I'm doing the job designated to me there will be no problem. My co-workers are great. Hardest part of the job is to hit the target. The most enjoyable part is hitting the annual target.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low incentives
November 14, 2014
Same role
Medical Representative (Former Employee) - General Santos, P12
Everyday Monday morning, I will have a phone meeting with my supervisor since she is based in Davao City and I'm assigned in General Santos City. We will discuss about the activities for the week and goal planning. After which, I will start visiting pharmacies to do product inventory and get orders. Then, my typical work set up would visit 15-20 doctors everyday except weekends. I have a very good relationship with my clients and also with my co-workers. We helped each other and talked on a regular basis. I considered my supervisor as my mom and best friend because I can ask for help at any time. I considered driving as the hardest part of my job since I have to travel 3-4 hours almost everyday. And the most enjoyable part of the work would be talking to different kind of people. I can be myself since I am friendly in nature that makes medical representative suitable for me.
Pros
Medical benefits, Rice Allowance, Company Car
Cons
Long hours of Drive
November 17, 2019
Same location
Allied Medical (Former Employee) - Makati
Stay abreast with scientific information, collaborate well with others, complete all online trainings in a timely manner, go for an extra mile, attend events