Merck
Information from Merck:

Merck Employee Reviews

Philippines28 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Visiting and conducting one on one call with medical practitioner. Planning on how to achieve monthly sales target.The hardest job of the is by having a monthly business review and semestral product training , exams and certification.
Salary / Benefits
Working with Merck opened doors of opportunities for me. Working in a very fast paced company like merck pushed me to give more and rediscover my capabilities and talents. Generally, Merck is a good company to work at, vast portfolio, and high end instruments for high tech innovations.
Salary / Benefits
Es una empresa líder en el mercado, la cual se basa en respeto, Inclusión, tolerancia y compromiso con sus trabajadores y el mercado en general.
Recomendable laborar ahí te dan oportunidades de crecimiento.
Salary / Benefits
Stay abreast with scientific information, collaborate well with others, complete all online trainings in a timely manner, go for an extra mile, attend events
Salary / Benefits
At Merck, career growth is available and is highly encouraged for everyone to make. Training and workshop are always given to advance each employees career.
Salary / Benefits
typical day at work is reviewing accounting transactions and processing tax returns. checking reimbursements

Learned about the pharmaceutical industry

Management is good except that the German CEO's are always very demanding

Workplace culture - professional and friendly

Hardest part of the job are the long hours

Most enjoyable part of the job is nice camaraderie among employees
Pros
Good salary, good camaraderie
Salary / Benefits
being a sales representative for five years in Merck Sharp and Dome provided me good training background especially when it comes to sales field. it gained me knowledge and skills relevant to the profession
Salary / Benefits
Under MSD, I learned to be independent, fast decision maker and properly communicate with various types of persons. I would go to different hospitals everyday and talk to different Doctors to endorse and prescribe our products for their patients. It has to do with a lot of convincing and negotiation. We do have our quota's monthly, and if we reach or exceed that quota, we will receive incentives, this is where most of the employees are happy about. It helps us motivate ourselves to reach that quota every month. The company, in general, is a very generous and kind company. I recommend it specially to those who are newly graduates.
Pros
Per diem, allowances and car allocation
Cons
Non 8 hour job, may take more than 8 hours
Salary / Benefits
Good benefits, work life balance, good camaraderie, highly superior products, good morals and ethics, i did not experience hardship since i enjoyed my job at Merck.
Pros
Good benefits, Company will take care of their employees
Cons
weak in marketing strategy
Salary / Benefits
They let us maximize our potential by making our own decisions on how to develop and our own territories. Through trust, we created harmony at work and made each individual a partner in success.
Salary / Benefits
a typical day at work requires you to visit at least 16 clients and I learned to manage my time effectively. Management have internal politics and workplace culture is fair. The hardest part of the job is the long hours in the territory but the most enjoyable part is you meet different clients where you develop your communication skills.
Pros
company car, gas card, Hmo
Cons
long hours at work
Salary / Benefits
Just be yourself and always stay positive what ever comes your way.. learn from your mistake. Be patience and dont let your pressure be the reason of your fast decision always think carefully.
Pros
Good co-worker easy to get along
Salary / Benefits
While I am working on Merck Inc. I learned so much things like the documents that should prepered for pull-out our cargos from other country example permits etc.

And then, I gain self confedence.And then I meet different kinds of persons.
Pros
Free available medicine as supply.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day for a Medical Sales Representative is to visit doctors, clinics and pharmacies. Insuring the doctors will prescribe the right product for the right patient. Monitoring sales and ensuring the monthly target are being met. Hardest part of the job is that 80-90% of the time you spend on the road travelling to different areas. At the same time it is fun because I become more familiar with the road and I love travelling.
Pros
Flexible time
Salary / Benefits
Very Happy and well organized company.They give you excellent benefits and continous training to be competent and fruitful.
Salary / Benefits
Merck Serono has been in operation for 350 years with global headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.

Work includes ethical promotions of prescription medicines an marketing activities.

Medical reps are field-based with flexible hours, but no overtime pay.
Pros
Company car, Health benefits
Cons
Salary, incentives, bonuses lower than other companies of same size and business
Salary / Benefits
Merck help me improve my competencies as Manager and a team
player. Harping on evidence based medicine to propel sales in reaching the objective. Dwelling on the inherent benefit of the product and its benefit. By this people grow with the company as evident by end of year Profit sharing and team building.
Salary / Benefits
Dealing with clients on a day to day basis. I learned how to manage clients concern and handle objections and rejections. In management, as long as I'm doing the job designated to me there will be no problem. My co-workers are great. Hardest part of the job is to hit the target. The most enjoyable part is hitting the annual target.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low incentives
Salary / Benefits
A world-class research-based pharmaceutical that values finding the treatment for hard to treat diseases. A world-leader in vaccine, metabolism, oncology, and anti-infectives that puts the interest of patients first before profits.

I would love to work again with the subsidiaries of this company anywhere in the world.
Pros
Car, allowances, commissions, travels
Cons
expiring product patents
Salary / Benefits
Same above statement that I provide.

The Company have good environment have good job culture and you can learn a lot of things.
Pros
Full Medical Benefits
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace but lack of benefits.
I learned how to use advanced excel.

The work environment is just fine and I really enjoy working with less supervision.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K