MERALCO

MERALCO Employee Reviews

Philippines55 reviews
okay
Enhanced understanding regarding the construction of distribution poles and transformer energization.
Develop knowledge in the field of distribution and transmission.

Work with senior engineers in the inspection and maintenance of substations and transformers.
Poor Management
The company offers diversity and equality but management Is toxic. The people are kind and uplifts one another, but the pay is bad, so is the management. Too much workload and less pay.
Pros
Kind employees
Cons
Toxic Managenent
Productive and Fun workplace
I always learn something new from everyone, they are kind and very supportive. I learned to do filing of checks and notes. Recording information as needed, updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing. maintaining supply inventory, maintaining office equipment as needed.
Aiding with client reception as needed.. They always motivate me to be the best on everything I do.
Salary / Benefits
I monitor the incoming service application projects consists of residential and commercial properties.Conducts weekly general meeting with the contractors and provides strategic planning on how to execute the projects without delaying it and responsible for the creation of switching plan order for our required monthly pre-arranged power interruption.
Good company
I can feel any pressure, I really enjoy my work also my officemate from 7am to 5pm. In 6 years I've learned alot from this company. Hardest part of my job during due date of customer, the rest of time enjoy.
productive,challenging,work on hot line
working on power line stringing and re-conductoring, installation of switches on power cables installing wood ,concrete and steel pole,installation of power transformer ,power Meter installation 3phase
Pros
sick leave, vaction leave, medical check-up
Cons
short break, overtime
Best working experience
I was able to enhance my recruitment skills, especially when screening applicants interviewing them and being able to process their application from start to finish
Productive and fun workplace
Good employee benefits despite heavy loads of work. Convenient workplace for office employees. It will help you with your personal and professional career.
will surely learn alot
good workplace
friendly environment

provides mac computers to use

management is nice

hassle commute

lots of places to hang out

learned a lot

considers
Challenging, Interactive, yet Productive experience
I've enjoyed my stay in MERALCO. I would love to work at that company, considering its prosperous success in the industry and its company goals. Working in MERALCO was a memorable experience for me because I was trained to be mindful and to exceed expectations.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Boring experience as my position is only an Intern
Salary / Benefits
Did not enjoyed my stay that much.
Company is okay with lots of benefits for employees but NOT HIGHLY recommended for everyone. If you're just an intern, better look for another place with your specialization rather than just looking at the company's fame.
Salary / Benefits
It is the best workplace for aspiring electrical engineering careers.
Meralco is the largest private sector electric distribution utility company in the Philippines covering 36 cities and 75 municipalities, including Metro Manila. It serves 6.5 million customers in a franchise area covering 9,685 km2, that includes the core of the country’s industrial, commercial, and population centers. Now on its 115th year in service, Meralco is committed to being the total energy solutions provider of choice to the over 6.5 million Filipinos it serves.
Pros
Allowances and travel /trips abroad
Cons
Shifting /broken schedules
Working ENvironment
Daily works required creating, debugging and testing IBM programs in COBOL and ASSEMBLER . I learned how to create programs in COBOL, ASSEMBLER and FORTRAN. MANAGEMENT is new and UNEXPERIENCED. Work place is great meeting new people from all over. Hardest part is learning how to programs expertly and efficiently using TOP-DOWN approach. Enjoyable part is during after office hours to play bowling.
Pros
Learning programming IBM machines in COBOL, Assembler and fortran.
Cons
Debugging PRograms using DUMP outputs and Programming ASSEMBLER.
Good training for students
I have learned lots of things whether in field work or in office. The first thing to do in field is to be sure that all the things needed is in hand and the safety of everyone. Surveying different sites allow the students to come in places helping me to see an actual inspection for the transformer vault and distribution transformer.
Pros
Great people and good environment
Cons
No salary for OJTs
Salary / Benefits
MERALCO has good atmosphere for working
The meralco company has many talented personnel and good atmosphere for working. People are friendly and shares stories about their work. The management treats their worker well but also use strictness when needed.
N/a
Meralco is a big company. I worked there as janitor. The shift is 24 hours and we worked for shifting schedule. It was a good company, nice employee and managers.
Employee friendly company
Provides quality customer service it was fun being with meralco. They provide continuous learning not just with the company but also to the people that we encounter everyday
Pros
Good company
Cons
Salary
productive, happy employee
process, prepared field order to be inspect on the same day, estimated costumer concern regarding electricity apply and complain, provide house to house actual field inspection on site, deliver actual yellow card inspection report, prepared for the day report to be tag on the computer, .

multi skill knowledge

very good

Very good

removed elect. jumper

salary, gadering
Good workplace
I have a great time working in Meralco because this is the company that gives me the training of being a line mechanic I've learned a lot on this. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we are working in different places because I like traveling.
Pros
Free uniforms
Productive, Good Job Culture
Engineers there would often assign me to illustrate certain types of meter using CAD and also update Meralco's database about the location of different residential homes and establishments specifically meralco customers using solar panels. Overall the experiece was amazing because of the very good Job Culture as well as the good training.
Pros
Good Job culture
Meralco
In Meralco you can practice your profession and do public service. The Company is concerned win the advancement of your profession. They also provide seminars and in-house training.
Pros
Nice environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERALCO. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3