Meijer

Meijer Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,664 reviews

Good

I learned a lot from not only my team members but also the daily customers. I was able to take time to actually learn the store. I loved working for meijer, some of their management could be better but it’s not the worst

Pros

Good workplace

Cons

Standing for long periods of time

The customers

The customers and my co-workers and the benefits and also management and we also have a union, it's a great place to work, great benefits, paid holidays, you also can get overtime, they do care about your needs, very leniency, understanding, great atmosphere

Dont get paid enough!

Over worked and under paid. Hours keep getting cut. Wont give anyone full time. Customers are rude and management is the worst! Nothing good about here except other people I worked with.

Overall not a good work experience

So I was originally recommended by family who worked at the store for years prior to me applying, so I was decently excited to start. When I started, the first 2 weeks were fine and went as a job should, but after that it went downhill. The management would constantly schedule me outside of my listed availability and would get mad when I couldn't be there. They constantly change my schedule the day before, and they don't give almost any off time. I regularly work 7-9 days in a row before getting a day off, and then get reprimanded when I complain about it. The company is not a fun place to work, and it honestly gives retail a bad name.

The care for employees.

Honestly I haven’t worked anywhere else that has truly cared about their employees. Now I could be biased due to the management I deal with but I would highly recommend working for Meijer.

All bad.

Meijer takes advantage of its employees. Schedule is not at all flexible. Once you reach about 14 an hour they start looking for reasons to get rid of you. They are extremely short staffed and expect a skeleton crew to do the work of 3 people to 1. It is a hostile environment with much, much favoritism. They reward the lazy employees, and over work the good employees. There should not be THIS much tension and stress in a retail job.

Easy work, bad management

They don’t know what they’re doing!! Hours vary depending on managements mood. Produce workers are ducks! Other stockers are lazy and incompetent. Just no!

Fun chilled place

Chilled place the managers are terrible. Can’t miss days can’t miss really nothing. The managers will talk bad about you to other coworkers, the clock in system don’t be accurate

It’s was okay

I felt that the management only cared about making friends and that’s about it. If you weren’t their friend then you couldn’t advance or grow with the company.

Could have been better

I hired in as a General Merchandise (GM) clerk but I ended up picking up the slack on the grocery side of things along with my GM teammates. We always got out late because of that. The overtime was nice but eventually you just want to get out and go home. You're unionized but this union is worthless. Your team leader will do more for you than them, but even the leader can only do so much. Work is easy but the pay is average at best.I love shopping here. Working here.... Ehhhhhh... Not so much.

Just bad

At first they will make it seem like such a great job and as if they care about you. Once more time passes they couldn’t care less about you unless you’re serving them and making them look good. “Them” as in management and the team leads. I loved my coworkers but other than that it was easily the worst job i’ve ever had. They all only care about themselves and the pay is the least out if every single grocery store in the area. They expect soo much out of you yet you will never truly be appreciated for the work and you will never be of value unless you are making someone else look good. They’ll just rope you in until you feel like you shouldn’t leave then that’s when everyone shows their true colors. Oh and don’t you dare get sick cause no matter what if you call off for any reason you will get treated like scum from there on out. You are expected to give you’re 110% to a job that can’t give you no respect or recognition in return. Never ever work for this company, you deserve better and they will never be the ones to give that to you. Teamwork means nothing there even though they’ll make it seem like it’s everything.

Pretty fun to work outside

Pushing carts has been when of my favorite jobs I've had. There is nobody breathing down your back while you work, you get exercise, and there is always something to do! In the summer that even provided cold Gatorade and water for us everyday.

Pros

Flexible hours, good work environment

Cons

Other coworkers leaving all the work just for you

Caring but also not

There are so many things wrong with the Meijer in Flossmoor IL, A typical day is people being let out without paying or they get caught. I learned to read everything in the packets incase of firing, Management are okay in certain departments but some are just terrible in others. You make great friends. Is not getting in trouble for something that someone else should have done. Being able to make friends would have to be the most enjoyable part of working at Meijer

Employees discount. Most coworkers are friendly.

As a greeter at Hill Road Meijer you cannot set and relax your legs and feet no matter how bad your diabetic nerve damage is. The position itself is easy and good pay for what you do. If you're legs and feet are capable of standing for hours on end. You have a 15 minus break after 2 and a half hours, but it takes 5 minutes to walk from your position back to the break room and another 5 to get back to your poso. Either go to the bathroom or eat a quick snack, no time for both.

Pros

Easy work and decent pay for the amount of work done.

Cons

Very short breaks, standing for long periods of time. Takes a year for a wage increase.

I liked Walmart better even though I needed therapy because of them

Management is absolute garbage and does not care about you or your team. They aren’t even around but pretend they know what’s going on. Some managers are great but most are ruining it all. I worked at Walmart for over 2 years and preferred the management sadly. You don’t get trained at all you’re just thrown to the wolves. Youll probably end up alone.

I loved my job and co workers but management needs work.

This was one of my favorite places to work but management was a joke. Getting promoted was easy to a point they seem to just throw around titles to people who don't deserve it. Pay was just ok nothing special. Could be more for all the work they expect. They are super flexible with scheduling though.

Working at Meijer

Meijer is a fun place to work. Enjoy interacting with the customers and helping people. Employees are friendly and helpful. The company treats you fairly.

Pay

No drug test for management! Not enough people working for one department! Overwhelming!! Management doesn’t care that you don’t have enough people they just gripe at you anyways promise to hire people and never do it’s getting ridiculous no time to do my own job!

Pros

Pay, Benifits, time off

Cons

Not enough employees

Friendly and room for advancement

The work wasn't hard, co-workers and managers made it more enjoyable, and there was room for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and energy.

Pretty fun place to work. Very stressful at times.

Meijer is a pretty fun place to work. It’s not really hard work but during peak times it can be very stressful. Part time employees can have a really good work life balance. Full time people must have open availability (6a-12a) which can make a good work life balance hard sometimes.

Fine place to work but the longer you're there, the more you're taken advantage of.

Meijer is a fine first job but understaffing in every sense of the word and overall lack of care about store wide issues from corporate leads it to being a very frustrating job. We routinely don't have the equipment to complete basic tasks, such as tagging aisles or clearancing out product. Some days of the week, we are expected to run multiple departments (electronics/garden center/sporting goods). Employees who have been there multiple years routinely are screwed over, one of my friends who retired was making less than I was and she had been there 30 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Meijer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?