Megawide Construction Corporation

Megawide Construction Corporation Work-Life Balance reviews

Philippines128 reviews

Clear
3.6Salary & Benefits

Good salary and benefits but no work/life balance

The project I was assigned to was very fast paced that's why we were required to work long hours Mondays to Saturdays. Benefit-wise the company was very giving and really provides malasakit to its employees.

Pros

Paid overtime. Free accomodation

Cons

Long hours and Politics

You learned all in megawide

My experience in megawide is i learned and all benefits is there and you give chance to grow up because of megawide, you do your job as a proffessional and megawide help to you how to learn what di not know,,, all positive is there in megawide , , megawide tell you what is positive job and never you leave you when you need a financial problem,,

Productive and fun place to work with

Simple:Work Life balance = two thumbs upMy superior is great, chill and relaxed. Output is the most important thing you have to take note.The CEO is superb and is willing to teach you with everything.

Great culture but no work life balance

Experience is different depending on the business unit you are into but overall since it's a construction company, expect long hours to zero work life balance

Pros

Incentive, Great Colleagues

Cons

No work life balance

Stressful

Stressful , not enough man power in my position yet there are many jobs to do. Staffs making arguements on a group chat instead of thinking a solution, you will be ashamed of mentioning and mentioning your name in that group chat.

Learned a lot and gain experience

Great place to start your career, great environment and colleagues, If you are a starter you can go with this company and you'll learn a lot about construction.

Pros

Experience gaining

Cons

Slow pomotion

A company that you will consider as your TOTGA if you leave

It's the people and the work culture I value the most that made me stay. The company's core values reflect its vision towards a first world philippines.

Will learn a lot of things especially in precast since it is the company’s specialty.

At first you’ll easily get stress because of the work but when you familiarize the flow of work it will be easier for you to finish the task. And when on site you will learn so many things especially when you are the one who’s in-charge of the site.

Productive and Fun workplace.

Highly Appreciated with regard to work, Fun to work with different professionals. Enjo andfond comfort workplace .Different activities that can enhancr your social interactions with different people

Pros

Yearly Incentives

Cons

Long hours of work

Competitive company

Very competitive and good company to be with. It helps me grow as not only as an architect but also as an individual. It open my mind to more possibilities im life.

Learning Curve

Learning in Megawide is Continuous which is good for the employees' career growth. They intend to invest and train their employees and ensure their competencies were in line with company's vision and mission.

Bonding with co-workers

Every Friday, we gather to have bonding before ending the week and before other co-workers go home in their provinces. It's a good thing to have small talks and deep conversations with co-workers to assess the skills, attitudes, and sort of ideas that may add in strategies of management when it comes to their employees.

Pros

Time/Bonding

Productive and Competitive workplace

Megawide Batchig Plant is highly recommended due to its competitive Career growth experience. This company help you to grow and train for you to become more competitive and productive.

Pros

many benefits

Cons

Nice company to build career

Salary was competitive with comparison to other leading construction conglomerates in the Philippines. Work-life balance was a bit off, since we were required to work 6-7 times a week due to necessity of site supervision and other paper works

OJT Trainee

It is a good Company to have an internship. The company will introduce you to the world of construction. The employees act as a family and they look out at each other.

Great company but Stressfull, Many boss to deal with, No Work Life Balance

Pros - Megawide is a great company which specializes in construction. They heavily invest in long term assets like equipment, technology and on their other business units. Performance bonus 2x a year (depends on cashflow of project) Cons - Very stressful job, too many boss to deal with, others also are bully especially to the newbies, no work life balance, no benefits for starters, lots of overtime even if not necessary, too much politics

Very toxic environment, poor management

I dont reccomend this company to the young professionals since the management will not support you especially if u have issues with the site. I dont understand why this company hire foreigners thinking that these people would help or expert but in fact it ruins the production or making the accomplishment too slow. The company is big but poor management and very toxic

Productive and fun to work

Construction operations, a well managed company with good vision and mission. People are working towards engineering excellence the revolves around it core values.

Productive and Challenging

During a typical work week, I get into the office early since I was receiving reports from night shift people of our Maintenance Department. I learned that it was not so good as everyday to received complete reports all the time. And the good part of being in my previous company was very enjoying and everyone is dedicated to their job.

Big budgets do not always mean best results

Cash-rich companies like Megawide do not really care much for team-building. Company rightfully maximizes hired talent to work hard but hardly much mid-top management collaboration is allowed. Company has evolved into a multi-sector organization where the rank-and-file are disposable and the has become a hiring revolving door where tenure is largely non-existent. Even top management to VP level have left as the company struggles to create sensible career paths for each employee.

Pros

cash-rich

Cons

employees are disposable

fun workplace

An example of great company here in the Philippines. Diversified construction management and quality of work. A good company to be a stepping stone for your career choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Megawide Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits