Megawide Construction Corporation

Megawide Construction Corporation Job Security & Advancement reviews

Philippines128 reviews

Clear
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Great culture but no work life balance

Experience is different depending on the business unit you are into but overall since it's a construction company, expect long hours to zero work life balance

Pros

Incentive, Great Colleagues

Cons

No work life balance

You learned all in megawide

My experience in megawide is i learned and all benefits is there and you give chance to grow up because of megawide, you do your job as a proffessional and megawide help to you how to learn what di not know,,, all positive is there in megawide , , megawide tell you what is positive job and never you leave you when you need a financial problem,,

Learned a lot and gain experience

Great place to start your career, great environment and colleagues, If you are a starter you can go with this company and you'll learn a lot about construction.

Pros

Experience gaining

Cons

Slow pomotion

Fun and happy workplace at first but the Management handling was not good

I enjoyed the first year of work but then so many things happened. Too much politics in the office. If you're not "sipsip" to the bosses, you're position is not guaranteed. No salary increase, no career growth and plan for you. There's also favoritism in the office. Under paid and unappreciated efforts. A great company outside but not inside.

Pros

With performance incentives

Cons

No salary increase, No career growth, no OT pay for office workers

This depends on area of deployment

Political changes. Great Experience in field. Different Shifting especially in field. More on toxic environment but can learn in superiors. Other management with favoritism or palakasan.

supportive team on site especially to finishing department

to someone who look for construction exposure on site, you might consider this company as stepping stone and develop your career. but I can say that it depends on the site you will be appoint. Luckily I was designated with a very supportive team whom become my second family and I can say that I learned a lot to them especially in finishing works, materials, methods and integrity ;)

Pros

Free accomodations (if on site)

Cons

overtime is necessary (if operation/on-site)

Great exposure to the field, great learning experience

Construction sites are always full of stress so you have to learn to manage your resources and your time to finish all assigned works within the set deadline,Very good development from having the role of a Trainee to Operations to having a Supervisory role. The company cares about employee development though it depends on your superiors if they will support such growth,Management was a hit or miss, you'll have the chance to experience having a manager with no experience at all and prioritizes personal agenda to enrich themselves, or be handled by someone who will teach you everything they know about the construction industry,Good teamwork is what will make your stay at the company more enjoyable. Individuals with personal agendas is what will destroy it,The hardest part of the job is doing your best while not knowing for sure if you will be renewed after your contract duration or not. On-site employees won't be regularized unless you reach the managerial positions,The most enjoyable part is obtaining in-depth knowledge about the construction industry and challenging yourself every day to meet the expectations placed upon you.

Pros

Mid year bonus, Christmas bonus depending on project performance, Salary increase and promotion is yearly

Cons

Contractual, Years of service not compensated even if you reach 10 years or more, Layoff of employees during pandemic without compensation.

Competitive company

Very competitive and good company to be with. It helps me grow as not only as an architect but also as an individual. It open my mind to more possibilities im life.

Megawide will always feel like a home

So many learnings not just work but also in life. Great workplace. I'm not an Engineer nor an Architect but I learned so much about construction, the cycle and such.

Pros

they allow overtime

Learning Curve

Learning in Megawide is Continuous which is good for the employees' career growth. They intend to invest and train their employees and ensure their competencies were in line with company's vision and mission.

Fun workplace

As an intern, I get to maximise my time and resources learning from the experienced engineers at work. They provided me knowledge and work experience I need to learn about my field.

Productive and Competitive workplace

Megawide Batchig Plant is highly recommended due to its competitive Career growth experience. This company help you to grow and train for you to become more competitive and productive.

Pros

many benefits

Cons

Competitive company. They will help you althroughout your internship. And they are accomodating and have a lot of patience with their trainees. You will learn a lot

Its okay here in megawide

Good company to work. Nice relationship to subordinates. Nice compensation and benefits. Love to be here. That my review and so on and so forth happylife

OJT Trainee

It is a good Company to have an internship. The company will introduce you to the world of construction. The employees act as a family and they look out at each other.

Great Company

Develop and enhance your skill, less supervision which is thrilling. it allows you to supervise on your own, working environment is great sometimes it is stressful due to the target deadlines.

Big budgets do not always mean best results

Cash-rich companies like Megawide do not really care much for team-building. Company rightfully maximizes hired talent to work hard but hardly much mid-top management collaboration is allowed. Company has evolved into a multi-sector organization where the rank-and-file are disposable and the has become a hiring revolving door where tenure is largely non-existent. Even top management to VP level have left as the company struggles to create sensible career paths for each employee.

Pros

cash-rich

Cons

employees are disposable

Good only for the Managers

Nice Colleague/workmates. Promotions and regularization is only for the Managers but not in Rank and File employees. Difficult to get regularization and Promotions even if your working 5 years and up. Management always think about the savings. Overload office works. Overtime pay is only for the Operations. Good thing is they provide Medicard and incentives.

fun workplace

An example of great company here in the Philippines. Diversified construction management and quality of work. A good company to be a stepping stone for your career choice.

productive company

Megewide was a productive company . Being part of their company gave me a lot of experiences and ideas on how to fulfill all my obligations as a mason.

a good company

A good company with lots of benefits..head office staffs are very accomodating and very kind to applicants.the big boss are very kind and very understanding

Pros

good benefits

Cons

lots of politicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Megawide Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits