Maverick Transportation

Maverick Transportation Employee Reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?Being your own boss basically What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Waiting on your consignee to back you in the door at your scheduled unload time. Waiting on other people to do their jobs in a timely manner What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Generally good What is a typical day like for you at the company?Wake up. Deliver. Drive back to the plant

December 5, 2022
We appreciate this detailed review! Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave it! Hope things are going well for you!

It’s definitely a family oriented company

I didn’t work for maverick long but when I needed to get home for medical reasons it was not hesitation to it my fleet manger and the safety department did everything they could

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Away from home for short periods of time

December 5, 2022
Thank you for this 5-star review! We hope your next endeavor is a great one!

Tough but fair workplace.

I had a great work history with maverick. Great place to work. Worked with maverick 15 years. If my vision had not given out would still have been there.

December 5, 2022
Thank you so much for this great review! We hope things are going well for you!

Great

I love this company . Always manages their time well and is extremely well-organized. Consistently contributes measurable value to company goals and projects.

November 9, 2022
We really appreciate this review! THANK YOU for taking time out of your day to leave it! Have a wonderful week!

What is the best part of working at the company?The experience of securing multiple coils and seeing different cities throughout America What is the most stressful part about working at the company?FORCED DISPATCH AND SOME PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND A DRVERS PERSPECTIVE What is the work environment and culture like at the company?For me it was great though some misunderstanding here and there but that's life with different races and beliefs What is a typical day like for you at the company?Safety Safety safety

October 19, 2022
Thanks for the 5-star review! This is some great information, and we thank you for leaving it for others to see. Hope things are going well for you!

Good starter company

Good company to start with they are very patient with you even after you go through the corse. They have a securement hotline that’s very helpful and a long with some guys in safety

October 19, 2022
Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave this review! We hope things are going great!

Great start up company to work for and learn.

Good trucks and equipment but the pay isnt great. Will get you home on weekends and dispatch is very flexible with taking off for doctors appointments and family. Pays zip code to zip code for mileage and by doing this the company is able to pay you less.

Pros

Trucks & equipment, Hometime

Cons

Pay, Pay

October 19, 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave this great review! We appreciate the details. We hope you have a great week!

11 year veteran of Maverick

Best company out there will help get you home if an emergency happens started out as a rookie and got my start here and it would take a lot to leave Maverick

September 8, 2022
11 years!? That's incredible! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write this review. We appreciate this and appreciate YOU!!!!

Avoid at all cost!

Warning, if injuries on the job they will send you back to HQ for the duration of recovery! Wanted me to be away from family for 9+ months under care of their doctors!

August 26, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Good luck in your future endeavors.

decent facilities, lots of miles

maverick transportation LLC was a good starter company. they had decent equipment and great training. they paid well and the management was friendly. always had miles.

August 26, 2022
Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a review! We hope things are going well for you!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maverick Transportation?

Cool place to work starting out so far

So far it's been a great place to work. They really seem to want everyone to succeed. Everyone always seems happy to help. Great place to get experience. I talk to long time Maverick drivers everyday that really seem to love Maverick. If they adjust the tarp pay to $100-$150 and I would have to agree. Cons to flatbed is there's no compensation for the time spent to secure loads which is the case for most flatbed jobs.

Pros

Management and other maverick drivers are always willing to help anytime you ask.

Cons

I feel $50 for tarping loads is robbery, $100-$150 would seem more fair IMO.

August 3, 2022
We appreciate your detailed review. We will be passing along this information today. Hope you are having a great week and know that we are thankful for you!

Good pay once hired on.

You don't get paid for 6-7 weeks when getting your CDL. Good pay. Truck has really good technology inside of it. Per diem is nice. Insurance is really good.

August 3, 2022
Morning! We appreciate you taking time to leave this review! Best of luck in your new job and thank you again for telling others about your experience here. :)

Standard trucking company

I really have no complaints. You get exactly what you sign up for. Communication with dispatch and everyone is easy and if you do what you’re supposed to you’ll be fine.

August 3, 2022
Thank you for this review! We sincerely hop you enjoyed your time while here and hope you are doing well!

Good place to get a cdl

It was where I got my cdl it had a good training program.The problem is after your contract is up ,you are no longer a government benefit to them . When they are no longer benefiting from employing u they will come up with a way to fire you.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Reported a 6 inch scratch to dac.

July 15, 2022
Good afternoon! We are sorry to see that things did not work out for you. We actively work to support and train our drivers and want you to succeed in all things. We wish you well in your endeavors!

Great foundation

I would recommend this school! Very professional. They listen to you and care about your feed back to the company and really make you feel apart of a family base.

July 8, 2022
So happy to hear this! THANK YOU for the great review! Hope you're having a great week!

You feel like a valuable part of an excellent team.

This was the best company I ever drove for. And since I have been a commercial driver since 1997, that's saying something. Very professional people, family oriented, and great pay.

Pros

Multiple bonuses, great training.

Cons

Only home every 2 weeks.

July 8, 2022
What a compliment! :) We appreciate these kind words. Hope things are going great for you!

Good money and home pretty much every weekend.

I worked here for 8 years. Pay was great and hometime was decent. Equipment is top notch and always well maintained. Benefits are good. Office workers and drivers relations have continued to decrease over the years as they have grown. They have gotten to the size where it feels like you're just a number.

July 8, 2022
Good afternoon and thank you for your detailed review! We take a lot of pride in our Maverick family and work very hard to foster quality relationships throughout our company. We are sorry to see that you may not feel that way. If there is anything we can pass along, please feel free to email cheathscott@maverickusa.com. Thank you!

Good company

I started in 2017, ran flatbed for a year then transferred to glass ran the nation made a ton of money! Home time wasn’t the worst but wasn’t the best, I was out a month at a time. They did get me home quick when my father passed away, rented a rental car for me to drive back home! You will be taken care of, great place to start!

July 8, 2022
Thanks for taking time out of your day to leave this. :) We are grateful for the details. We sincerely hope things are going well for you in your current endeavors!

Excellent school and otr work.

The school was a fantastic experience. I was hired immediately after. The otr experience has been both challenging and rewarding. Maverick has taken good care me.

Pros

If you want to work, they'll make it happen. Pay was great.

Cons

Not enough home daily options, but for otr, I can't think of many for Maverick. Cons would be the typical ones more about the industry.

July 8, 2022
You're right, it is challenging and rewarding. So happy to hear that your schooling experience was positive! How are things going now that you are a few months in? Hopefully, wonderful! Thanks again!

Paid zip code to zip code not actual miles

Only complaint is the company pays drivers from zip code to zip code and not actual miles from point A to point B. Other than that the culture is great, great equipment, etc.

Pros

Culture, equipment, facilities

Cons

Paid zip code to zip code and not actual miles from point A to point B

Truck driving

It’s flatbed trucking. Home on the weekends. Sometimes leave on Sunday sometimes Monday. Good company for getting started. Lots of long time employees here.

Pros

Pay and training

Cons

Tarping but that’s part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverick Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits