Matchpoint

Matchpoint Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment/Never home

The job was outstanding at first. When the current Operations Director was put in place, it all went downhill. A LOT of micromanaging. Many of the management I was hired to work with left within 3 months of my start date. Compensation was fair. If you're a family person or have a home you need to care for, this company isn't for you.

Dont work here

awful management, awful environment, no one knows what they are doing. they make you do things you arent even qualified to do, and you do not get paid more to do them.

Pros

low effort

Cons

mind numbingly boring

work

come in to work and wait to be told what needs to be done. your co workers are there to assist you once you start working if you need them. I have learned to pay attention to detail.

Good Pool

Able to teach kids using my own methods, and am not pushed into teaching a certain way. Many kids do not learn too fast and need more time. Am able to really focus on each child in the group.

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Crowded

Great working with public and utility personnel

Overall good company , job requires long term travel with poor benefits. Honed my skills in management and supervision. worked with a diverse group in a team work enviroment. Best part of job was having a smooth productive day, worse part would be having to repair damages that could of been prevented.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

poor health care options

Friendly working environment

My day at work used to start with calling up all the stores for attendance.I used to talk to the Store Manager and take the attendance while filling up an attendance format I made on Ms Excel. I always kept a notepad handy to note down issues if they had any at the stores.After the attendance I used to make a "To Do" list for the day and follow it. After that I used to check the Daily Sales Reports of all the stores and check the total store sale as well the individual sales of the sales associates.I used to give the low achievers a pep talk and motivated them to do better. After that i used to have a discussion with the sales managers regarding the store sales.I have arranged a lot of training sessions for the store staff and I have attended all of them to see if they were actually helping them.And they all have helped in increasing the sales. I was working as a Human Resource manager but I also assisted the sales and marketing team of the company. My co-workers were really cooperative and helpful.They helped me to learn a lot while I was working there. Since I was taking care of the Human Resources as well as the Administrative, Sales and Marketing areas of the company, I learnt a lot about marketing strategies, sales techniques and many other things that bring up a business. I have also interviewed more than 50 people in one day and single handedly . It was quite challenging as I had a deadline so I did not get no breather.I did not have time to eat as well. The hardest part of the job was perhaps training people for sales and making them understand customer service. -

Pros

Friendly working environment, Health Insurance

Cons

Very little delegation of authority

Could not ask for a better supperviser

Liked whit I did made sure women had work very demanding but I got it done and everyone loved me

Un gran proyecto que permite a las familias entretener a sus hijos por las mañanas de verano mientras estos practican deportes e inglés.

La empresa Matchpoint organizaba campamentos de verano en urbanizaciones, en ellos los niños podían jugar a la vez que practicaban deportes con sus vecinos por las mañanas. Jugábamos al paddle, teníamos natación, hablabamos en inglés y hacíamos manualidades. Lo que más me gustó de este trabajo fue estar con los niños y aprender de su ingenuidad y elegría.

ambiante di lavoro tranquillo

ambiente di lavoro tranquillo, autonomia nei turni, assunzioni a tempo indeterminato per raccomandazione e non meritocrazia

Pros

nessuno

Cons

abuso di potere

Contract job at a Marketing company

Cold calling, generated warm leads for potential new accounts.

Pros

close commute, extra cash

Cons

only a 2 month cotract job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matchpoint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits