Marten Transport

Marten Transport Employee Reviews

Good pay but not the home time I was promised…

For the most part is ok. You can make good money here. I’m on an account where I’m supposed to get home every weekend and possibly throughout the week. But I tend to get home on Saturday mornings and get dispatched back out on Sunday nights, so not a full weekend like I was told. When I do get home on the weekdays my DM will sometimes add a local load on me so i end up just sleeping in the truck instead of going home since I finish so late.

You take what you give

I have really enjoyed my time here. As with any other trucking company experiences vary based on the dispatcher you have. I have been given a lot of freedom and kind of feel like I’m my own boss.

Great dispatch

Great pay gets you home on time minimum guarantee whether running otr or regional. Had to leave for family reasons but would go back anytime. Also had new equipment.

good pay and benefits

The trucks are nice big company lots of policies. Treated well but politically correct is a necessity. Good benefits and pay. Good place to retire. Many places and routes.

It was a Job

Pretty much like most of your large carriers. Your basically just a driver in a seat. Dispatchers I had were not good. I have been with them twice now on two different dedicated accts. They lost both of them. Mostly because their dedicated pay vs hours put in are not good and drivers did not want to work longer hrs for low pay. No detention pay. Basically just your daily pay whatever that is. Insurance is horrible. Theres just way to much to say. It time for me to move on for good.

July 18, 2022
We are very sorry you feel this way and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Low pay, low morale.

Worked there for 2 years. Co policies are all over the place. One day your following rules next your not. Don’t walk away from this job. RUN. Don’t even start. You’ll regret it.

July 5, 2022
We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with Marten and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Good

Good family oriented company with lots of options for local regional and otr freight. Good people in the office and they have well maintained trucks.

June 24, 2022
We appreciate the review and your time at Marten! Happy to hear you enjoyed driving with us.

Good place to work for

Good place to work for pay is decent and I’m only out Monday/Friday home weekends there yards are nice most of them are concrete yard I hate the dirt yard

Pros

Pay

June 13, 2022
We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Marten! If any issues arise, please be sure to contact your Fleet Manager.

Not the Greatest

Be prepared to sit in line for 2 1/2 hours at the safety lane. High driver turnover. Dispatchers are over-stressed. I've never had a job where I had to fight just to get the money I rightfully earned.

Pros

It was ok as an owner-op. Haz-mat runs were nice.

Cons

Pay is way too confusing and not straightforward at all.

June 2, 2022
We are sorry that it didn't work out for you at Marten, but we wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor!

Fast paced, lots of loads and communication.

Marten transport is one of my favorite companies. I've worked with them for a year. My dispatcher is very easy to work with and understands things go wrong and is willing to work with that. You shut down for inclimate weather and are paid, detention, layover, reimbursement and out of route mileage is paid almost immediately. You put in what you get out. If you have no problem with communication and drive when you need to drive, you will go very far here. If you don't communicate issues and slack you do get less mileage but hit the guarantee pay instead. The company wants you to succeed and wants every piece of their equipment maintained every 15 to 45 days for a safety inspection.

June 2, 2022
We greatly appreciate the honest review and couldn't be happier that you love driving for Marten! Communication is a key aspect of being a truck driver, and we appreciate that you recognize and implement that. It makes your job as well as ours much easier!

Not a bad company

Fast past and dealing with angry drivers most of the time. Management work together as a team with fleet mangers. Always trying to get the drivers the most paid miles.

Pros

Pay

June 2, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad you are happy with your job!

Great place to work and make good money

Great company to drive for. Driver Manager really go out of their way to resolve problems that come up while on the road. Truck maintenance is excellent. Always on time with Home Time.

June 2, 2022
We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying driving for Marten! Remember to reach out to your Fleet Manager to discuss any issues that may arise!

Resolution of truck issues

Will STILL try to place a driver in a truck with issues or that the driver doesn't feel safe driving, no matter what the driver, who drives the truck every day, tells them about the truck's issues. Seems like they try to make the driver feel like they're being unreasonable for not wanting to operate a truck with issues.

Pros

Good work flexibility

Cons

Getting a RELIABLE truck for your jobs when yours goes bad

May 5, 2022
We appreciate the review and would like to hear more about your experience. Please contact our recruiting department at 800-395-3331. Thanks!

Clean friendly honest

Marten is a great company that takes care of their drivers and equipment unlike other companies marten also has clean facilities, great home tome, and great pay

May 5, 2022
We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and are glad you felt at home with Marten! Drivers are the heart of the company and we could not be more grateful for each and every one of you!

Good money for someone first starting out.

I enjoy this company. The job is easy. The only flaw would be the guarantee pay. You drive 1100 miles and you’ll get their guaranteed pay. But if you drive over 1100 miles you’ll still get the same pay. You have to drive 1800-2000 miles to get more then that. It doesn’t seem fair. Pretty much working for free tonight knowing that I’ve already driven then 1100 miles needed. It makes me very unhappy because I truly love my job. If I was making the money other companies make I wouldn’t have a complaint at all. In my 3 years it’s been straight business and no issues. We just got raises but you wouldn’t know it since the guarantee pay didn’t increase any.

April 29, 2022
We appreciate the honest review and are glad you are enjoying your job. Please reach out to the recruiting department at 800-395-3331 to discuss the issues you are having. Thanks!

Account

Walmart is good that's the account I'm home daily job is very simple easy no hassle you can work extra if you want they don't get mad if you needa extra day off

April 29, 2022
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you are enjoying your job.

Decent company . Not bad not great

Decent company . The first fleet manager was great . He didn’t bother me , i just got my loads and he let me do my job . Once i was assigned my new fleet manager everything went downhill . She was micromanaging, she tried to tell me how long it was going to take me to get somewhere as if she was driving the truck . Pay was decent and i was home pretty often not much but more than most companies would offer outside of being a local driver . Home time sucked on the 34 hour reset because your home time you had to drive home that same day.

Pros

Certain mangers don’t bother you . Minimum pay

Cons

Short home time . Night time dispatch sucks

Fantastic company overall

You get what you put in, no more, no less. My fellow employees are hard working people. Corporate pays attention to its people. I dont plan on leaving

April 15, 2022
We greatly appreciate the review and thank you for all your hard work!

Good company for the most part

Marten is a good company to work for they pay you fairly and get you home regularly. Nothing to complain about besides the issues you’ll find at any trucking company

April 15, 2022
Thank you for your honesty and for taking the time to leave this review. We know trucking is not for everyone, and we appreciate all our drivers very much!

No home life

They tell you what you want to hear to get in the door and then don't honor their word. The load planners give there favorite drivers all the food loads while screwing over everyone else. If I was paid by the hr it would be great pat since I work 13 to 14 hrs a day and I'm supposed to be a home daily driver.

April 15, 2022
We are very sorry to hear this. Have you spoken to your Fleet Manager about the issues you are having?

Poor management, Poor benefits

Typical bug carrier. Drivers are a number and a dime a dozen. The minimum is all they will pay you regardless of miles. There are no regional routes you’ll go anyplace they tell you. Trucks are stated to be “two years or newer “ most are five to six years old with 450000 on them. Benefits are well below average. You’ll pay mostly out of pocket for anything. Two week out drivers get two days home and includes your travel day. So regardless of time you get home on the first day of hometime it’s counted as a day home. So no travel day to get home. Enjoy your 34 hours home. They say it’s .61 cents a mile. It’s actually .51 cents then they add your detention pay, spilt load pay to add it to your mileage. It’s not a straight .61 cents a mile plus your perks it’s just .61 cents a mile regardless. I would suggest a smaller or private fleet over any big carrier. Also you have to take a bus to orientation. Professional truck drivers don’t take buses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marten Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits