Marshalls

Marshalls Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,397 reviews

Fun place

It is not bed for beginners and students. I recommend it if you start work or as an additional job. The work is easy, sometimes is stressful at holidays, but is not hard.

Pros

gift cards for good worker

Cons

low

Busy workplace

Definitely keeps you busy. Decent job, okay pay and gets hectic around the holidays. Experience working there depends on management, but overall great environment to work in.

People

I worked for Marshall’s for 11 plus years and at forts it was great and now it is a mess the benefits are good if you wanna work extra hard and not be valued for your hard work they do not promote within… they will hire off the street and pay them more than go with the person with experience. It is all a political game if one person like you then you might go far , but if not good riddens

Horrible

it was my first job and definitely is gonna stay there. management was AWFUL, there was always somebody there that will hate you, EVEN THOUGHT YOU NEVER MET THEM. There is nothing good about this place unless you're lazy and just wanna make super easy money.

Fun

I really like everything Marshall’s has to offer for both customers and workers. Good prices for everything and I’m thinking of applying here sooner or later.

Always doing something for morale

Come to work and do your job at the end of the day. It would be advisable to adhere to all rules and regulations as there is zero tolerance for the most innocent, well-meaning mistake. Other than that, great place to work, at least where I was, your milage may vary.

Pros

Good people, and free snacks

Cons

Corporate mentality at the end of the day.

I liked working here

Marshall’s was very flexible and is a nice work environment to be in. It can be busy, but it balances out. For the most part management was nice. I think everyone had their best interest for the store there.

Pros

Free lunches

Great people, but stressful environment.

I've been working here for a little under a year and I have to admit that my motivation to going on with this company has dwindled immensely. Hours are terrible, regular customers who shop here are rude and/or messy, we get frequent thieves who steal almost everyday, etc. Working here as a side gig is great, but please don't make this a career. Especially for those who are overwhelmed easily.

Okay job as a part time. Not recommended for a career.

Good place as a first job or a part-time job. Not much room for advancement or growth. Incredibly toxic environment with other employees, lots of drama, no privacy. Think of it as being in high school all over again where the once popular kids then never grew up. Management doesn't get along well and they ask way more than what minimum wage pays.

Job is horrible

My manager is absolutely horrible and shows NO support for us assistant store managers. Our district manager is just as bad and corporate is horrible and doesn’t care for their employees. All they care about is the dollar and pushing credit cards. Do NOT work for this company.

Fun workplace

Great company to work for if you're a teenager looking for a first time job. Can be overwhelming at times with lots of customers on weekends and especially holidays. The staff are all nice

Great

Greasy to work at. Company was great opportunity to grow there. Love the managers there at the time but most of them have unfortunately moved to other locations.

A coin toss

I definitely felt underpaid working at Marshalls. I primarily work in the backroom and we would get 10 pallet trucks a day (including weekends!) and I didn’t even make what most warehouse workers make. It was less than that which sucked. I found myself doing other people’s jobs so the pay definitely wasn’t enough. I loved that it was weekly, though. The work itself was nice after the truck was done. The days usually flew by and I usually felt relaxed just hanging clothes. My coworkers and some of my managers were awesome, and I’m going to miss them dearly. It was the best job I’ve had so far, but also my second so I guess that isn’t saying much.

Good

Great way to put your foot in the door for a retail experience. Great way to build relationships with associates and custoers. This is a great place because it is also diversty

Productive and easy

very friendly workers and staff very good opportunity for a good part time job I learned how to ask customers to apply for tjx credit cards and the hardest part of the job is working in holidays can be a bit stressful but the most enjoyable part is the staff and managers they are very friendly and welcoming

Waste of time

Nothing gets done. No support from managers. Terrible pay. Training almost doesn’t exist. They are Never happy with results. Everything is about the TJX credit card which offers little to nothing for the customer. Opening the credit card is all that matters. A price check here is taking an item that’s as similar as possible even if it’s not of the same value. No one speaks English. Everyone here is so slow, it’s actually quite unbearable. The managers Literally know less than me but get paid more? Nothing makes sense here.

it was very chill

Working at Marshall was very straight forward. You are assigned to work at a specific place. When there was Covid-19, all I did was work in the front as a greeter which gets boring for long hours

Horrible place to work

The managers don't care about the employees and the environment is not comfortable for people who need help they just want you to get it done no matter what.

Supportive and non discriminating work environment. Everyone is welcome.

Excellent management at the so Dennis, MA store. Good corporate climate. Caring corporate environment. Decent full time benefits if one cares to use the resources. It’s retail and it can be hard work. Excellent associates.

Fun workplace

It was a nice place to work at but at the location I used to work at there’s a manager that wasn’t all that great used to pick fights with anyone and talk mess about them behind their backs

Underpaid and overworked.

I applied to this job thinking that it would be a decent route of income. I didn’t expect much working here, but I definitely did not expect to be overworked and still be paid a measly income. Keep in mind, my position at the store is a cashier and I get paid the bare minimum to stand and talk to customers for 8 hours. Management also expects you and pressures you to get customers to sign up for a TJX credit card and no matter how good you are at getting customers to sign up, you get nothing in return to benefit yourself. Managements idea as a prize for people who would get customers to sign up was in the form of a raffle for a $25 Marshalls gift card. Are you kidding me!? Also, keep in mind my position at this store is to be a cashier/customer service/sales associate. Usually, management would schedule me to work in the backroom to haul heavy cargo and other types of hard manual labor, but still get paid the same income as I would as a cashier. Terrible scheduling, terrible management, and poor communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits