Marks & Spencer

Philippines51 reviews

Clear
3.7Salary & Benefits

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,089 reviews

Productive and have a good customer service

-easy work not so busy- excellent customer service- they have poor Management- sales retail- how to get ride on of the management attitude.- being a cashier/ sales consultant. I really enjoy to serve to our customers.. there are really good to us and I really missed them.

Pros

Not free lunch

Cons

Long hours duty

Co-workers are very approachable and environment is very light

Enjoy working with co-workers. Right benefits and salary. Very approachable. Open Minded. Happy place. Everyone is helping each other. No room for envy.

Pros

2 days day off

A lifelong Journey

Being in this company is such a life changing opportunity to me for the reason of they hired me even if I am fresh graduate and religion is not hindrance of what can person do, some say that I can't be hired because of my religion but this company proved them wrong as I am one the example of that hindrance they say. I learned a lot on this company not just the job but also the persons I encountered and work with, it gives me inspirations to do duty as a part of the company. Thanks a lot and Kudos to this company. Marks and Spencer, SM Lanang and Abreeza Branch, Davao City

Just enjoy what you are doing. You end the day with smile and contenment.

I so much enjoyed myself so much. I met new friends in my co-worker. Meeting new customers everyday, serve them and thank them with a smile. So that they will be back again and again.

Fun workplace and i am comfortable

Marks&Spencer give me a lot of knowledge and skills,They teach me on how to handle the customer as always, they guide me always, my workmates are so friendly,

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Happy workplace, you enjoy the company of your colleuges. Teamwork is the key to success. Complete benefits, I have sick leave and vacation leave.

Working in Marks and Spencer is already a opportunity to grow in dealing with customer service. Because we value and care to our customer. We make every moment special.

Pros

over time pay and allowances

Cons

long hours of standing

Its a good job

its a very fast faced job. You have to be on your feet always. Think and reacts quickly via customers and employees, There's always a training specially for new product. monthly/weekly meetings.

Pros

Paid leaves, trainings

Cons

long hours, worked on weekends

fun and fulfilling job

assisting the customers of marks and spencer are challenging different person with different needs and character most of them are meticulous, most of the product are expensive sometimes it is hard to sell and it needed convincing sales associate to sell.

Pros

monthly insentives, vitamins supply and 2 days rest day

Cons

long hours of duty.

Colleagues are mentally matured

You must be good in selling..customer service and convincing power is the key...about the management and life balance i have no problem dealing with it especially to my co workers they are all mentally matured and fun to be with.

Pros

Monthly quota incentives.monthly financial freebies for productive sales contant and as a group.

Cons

Long hours of standing...so difficult to be a regular employee

Nice and fun

This is my first job,I learn a lot from Marks and Spencer...Dealing with people everyday makes me more confident talking...Most of time I assist them giving what they wants and what they needs...

Pros

Free uniform

near from my home place

Marks & Spencer Well known and loved by millions of people across the world, Marks and Spencer offers high quality fashion, award-winning food and stylish homeware. Founded more than a century ago and with 1,000+ stores across 50+ countries, today we are one of the UK's leading retailers. We understand the importance of Inspiration, being Intouch, Integrity & Innovation and live by these values in everything that we do. Through constant innovation, we make our own products and tailor the shopping experience to delight our customers around the world.

Pros

have bonus

Training Ground

Such a stressful workplace. Aside from long hours of work. You are overloaded with tasks that sometimes tends you to forget taking breaks just to prioritize the task that needed to be done. Well, its a fast-paced working environment and you should expect the worst scenario. Initiatives and alertness is needed. As a team leader, you must walk your talk. Despite the cons, you will get challenged and learn the things you thought you could never do. But I love this company. It is one of those companies that made me who I am now. It is the best place to use as a training ground. :)

happy environment

when i was in marks and spencer at first Im so nervous cause its a new environment for me cause i need to talk to different people from different country everyday but suddenly i developed my communication skills and now i really love to meet new people from around the world thats why im so thankful from marks and spencer ..they helped me a lot from financial and molding myself.

Pros

incentives

good management

Working with this company is a bit a challenge for me because we have daily quota but if you beat the quota you can get an incentive that is to be given every month plus many more incentives and awards as an employee to many to mention.

Pros

can avail ti buy the products at low cost

Cons

It is nice working their

I have a lot nice experience in marks, but i have a great memorable experience working also over their. I gain more knowledge on how to properly assist the hogh end costumers.

Pros

No free.

Cons

Yes long hours

I love my job

I love my job, the store, is great. my co-workers fun to be with. to my head/the management, thank you for the knowledge and trust. Even though it was my first time of the task/they give me a task they teach me. learned alot.

Pros

Food Sale and incentive

Cons

A place where i learn more about selling

I've enjoy working in this kind of job. The management set to it that the employee while work and the same learn and enjoy while doing their jobs. Even though the salary is not enough to support my financial needs but then there reason why should i work because i choose this kind of work.

Fun workplace, friendly staff.

Everyday we do our best to get our quota, we treat our customer as our friend to build a a happy, friendly zone. My co-workers are friendly.

team work and challenge

if you want to a find a good job you should know yourself what or where you will be happy, job is not all about the money you it should be helping you to grow as individual, you should love your job no matter what it is so that at the end of the day you will not regret and your confident that you finish all the task.

unsupportive boss

I used to handle 15 staff under my team but they were force to resign because of my boss. Its hard to work if you don't have enough people to help you finish thats pending and need for submission.

Pros

Yearly Increment

Cons

fun work place in pantry with individual lockers

The hardest part of the job is when there is customer complain but you end up solving it. My co-workers are really fun to work with. The management is very equal in everyone. I learned to be punctual because we always have PEP talk in the morning before duty

Pros

free use of microwave oven

Cons

long hours of standing with high heels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks & Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits