Marco Polo Plaza Cebu

Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Employee Reviews

Philippines22 reviews

productive and fun workplace

Its a privilege to meet and work with the VIP boss of marco polo...Same to the managers and associates of the company.They are professionally trained and have hospitality manners to the others...

Pros

free lunches & OT meals

Cons

8 hours

It's wonderful working at Marco

It's fun working in Marco Polo, the people are friendly and approachable, they will teach you on the basic standards that the school won't be able to teach you and they will help you in improving as a workmate and as a person.

Helpful employees and friendly

The employees in the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu was so helpful, kind and friendly especially to the interns. I made friends and at the same time i've learned many things.

Highly productive and fun filled work environment

The employees in Marco Polo Plaza Cebu are friendly and helpful. As an intern, I needed a lot of guidance and they never failed to give me that, thus, helping me adapt quickly to the working environment. My internship experience in this establishment is certainly one to be remembered.

Pros

Provides staff meal

Fruitful training with friendly invironment

My internship in Marco Polo was very fruitful and full of exitement, it has good management, associates are very kind and i enjoy so much. I learn more not only by cooking, brotherhood policy of every company i work since before and present.Marco polo is a great place to work, it can be a place where you can build the foundations of your professional career. The environment in Marco Polo was amazing, we all know that it is a 5 star Hotel and it's my privilege to work in the company. Working at hotel industry was fun because you can met different types of people..as an ojt, they trained me well.

Pros

duty meal and overtime meal for OJT and Uniforms are free

Cons

no salary and allowance for interns

best option for starting a career

Marco polo is a great place to work, it can be a place where you can build the foundations of your professional career. The pay and benefits are worse for casual/ outsourced employees. Hope they will improve in this department for the future of their hardworking employees.

Pros

Great workmates and fun environment

Cons

minimum wage, employment outsourcing, no healthcare benefits for casuals

Meeting new people and lasting friendship

Marco Polo Plaza Cebu once mold me and introduce me of what really the idea to be part and working in the hospitality Industry.All the stress and the preasure is all worth it because at the end of the day I was able to do my duty.

Working in Marco Polo Plaza Cebu has been such a great opportunity for me. I was able to start my career as a Graphic Artist in the hotel. I was also involved in the Marketing plans & executions for the promotions of the hotel.

good and fun place to learn and work

my first job after i graduate. i learned everything here and improved everything here. this hotel gave me the opportunity to understand the hospitality industry and learn from a 5 star brand

Elegant and enjoyable workplace

During my typical work day, I fulfilled multi-tasking aside from being a Spa Receptionist. I also provided strong customer service and guest complaints.What I learned at work are being a professionalism, teamwork and time management. My workplace culture revolves around strong leadership, both existing and rising. Leadership training are implemented and stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my colleagues who are fantastic and learning about new things.

Pros

free meals

Cons

8 hours

It was enjoyable while working.

Pros

One Free Meal every 8 hours of Duty.

Cons

Long hours of duty like Overtime 16 hours.

more on corrective maintenance that preventive mainenance

Oversee the shift operation. Set priority of jobs and disseminate to staff. Ensure that the job assign are properly handle and done in timely manner. Act as Chief Engineer in the absence of chief engineer. Train the technical staff in monthly basis for learning advancement.

Pros

Free meal, received taxable service charge per month, free uniform

Cons

1 hour break, health care

fun working

i learned a lot in cooking and boost my attitude, other employees are accommodating too they help me not just in my work but also by emotions, thank you for that wonderful experience marco polo plaza cebu!!

sincerely enjoy my job

Give an excellent service to the guest. I've learned a lot especially in giving an excellent service. And to work with a team and to handle pressure. i sincerely enjoy my job. I'm flexible and can adapt easily the environment and also co-workers.

Pros

free meals, lockers, uniforms and we have also lounge to rest

Cons

8 hours and overtime when busy operation

A good place to work

It's a good place to work with international standards. It has always justified its claim as the best buffet in Cebu. Delicious and fresh food all the time. Warm and friendly staff to welcome all guests all the time.

productive and fun

as an ojt, they trained me well. my work will depend on the hotel occupancy rate. i've learned a lot. associates are very kind. and i enjoy so much.

Pros

free 1 meal

Cons

when peak, cannot break

marco polo is one of the best hotel in cebu

marco polo is one of my very best working job experience in my life the management team,the way they look at there co workers,they treat us a part of the team even i am new in the company,they teach us what we are going to do to maintain the properties in good looking and standard procedure in relation to the guest.im the one to analyze and resolve technical difficulties throughout the event. i learned a lot in this hotel. The hardest part of my job is if there is a big event in the hotel i am the only one to set up everything, like digital sound system,set up lights,and even the video equipment,after that my schedule is 7 to 3 pm i have to extend my duty until 11 pm to operate lighting controller coz my partner didnt know how to operate the avolites lighting controller, that makes me crazy hahaha then by the next day i have to report early at 7am thats why im resigning my position coz im not a regular employee and all the resposibility is in my part and my partner is regular employee didnt know how to do what we are going to do so. any way im enjoyed the past days of my work in that hotel and thanks for the management of marco polo plaza cebu for giving me the opportunity to be apart of the technical team

n/a

The best company in terms of salary, schedule and work place. I learned a lot in this company in terms of patience and it molds me to become a better person. The management is very supportive as well, they always help me. My co-workers are friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job, I can say that there is no easy job, but I encourage myself to endure and at the same time endure.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Alot of fun at the same time you can learn a lot of thing with it.

A work place that you could enjoy of at the same time you keep on learning from them. I learned a lot like how to deal so much with different kind of people in your work place. The management is good and caring to their staff My co-workers is always their for everyone. When there is an guest comment that directly pin point our department. The most enjoyable part of being there is "Team Building" a time when we are all have to do is to relax.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

free clinic

productive

i work 8 hours a day 26 days a month with enough compensation and incentives every 3 months. i enjoy working for my guest specially if i find that they are satisfied with my work.

Pros

free lunch and uniform

Cons

no proper acknowledgement of good work

productive and creative in work area

i love my work much! i learn more not only by cooking, brotherhood policy of every company i work since before and present

Pros

Free food

Cons

8 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits