Manulife

Manulife Management reviews

Philippines172 reviews
Salary / Benefits
- a typical day at work: normal
- what you learned: many

- management: bureaucratic
- workplace culture: toxic
- the hardest part of the job: meeting targets

- the most enjoyable part of the job: going home
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work meant any time any day of the week, like an on call doctor. I have learned to adjust, adapt, and be confident with my own capabilities and what I could contribute to the organisation. Management had my back most of the time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the top producers who had a high sense of entitlement. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the Sales Management Team would go off to unwind.
Salary / Benefits
Culture of Manulife is great. However they do not pay right and also employees are loaded with work that is why there are a lot of backlogs. No career advancement. They hire outside instead of promoting employees.
Salary / Benefits
Nice Company to work at I really love the people and the location is so accessible in everything. I had a wonderful experience working here for how many years and the benefits really good also the yearly appraisal works so good for all the employees.
The Management is great
Salary / Benefits
A very supportive management and team members. I felt balance between work and personal life. They provide a lot of extra curricular activities which I have enjoyed the most
Salary / Benefits
The management is not very understanding, and not even hands on. Some trainers and agents come to work in micro mini like cheerleading skirts, though they explicitly have dress codes. Some agents were unprofessional, they talk about quarrels during huddles, not work.-- with the batch i was with, guess i was just lucky to have them as my team mates. There are no one on one coachings, they do not give opportunities even of 1 day leaves, its hard because leave calendars are black outs. No coachings, no off phone developments, though there are enough time. Managers do not understand a working student. I got employed here when i was studying, i declared i was a student, but they never gave opportunity for flex time, no sort of compromises. I decided to leave the company. This is atleast from where I was, I dont know for other areas, because they do pretty have some other departments which i like but you have to be a graduate if you want to apply to those departments like acturials.
Pros
free coffee, ave. Of 15 calls a day, fixed sat sun offs and canadian holidays off, generous with ham, and grocery items on christmas
Cons
no sleeping quarters, limited lockers, small pantry area, NHO happens after 1 month of your training, weird, not very much opportunity for leaves, no coachings
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is to do prospecting. You should be able to set appointments to potential clients. I learn on how to deal with different kinds of people.Great support from the management. Everybody is very accommodating, supportive, and friendly. The hardest part of the job is on how to deal with negativity/rejections from potential clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is that knowing your product can really help people to have financial freedom.
Salary / Benefits
Welcomes opportunity explorers. Qualifications are not too high but just reasonable. You can transfer to any department as long as you have at least 1yr tenure in your current dept. They also give opportunities to fresh graduates.
Pros
Free parking, budget food, good health care
Cons
unorganized HR
Salary / Benefits
Attend/conducts COP “Career Orientation Program” to train new Agents to be future Insurance Advisors, focus on weekly DZMM, COP , JSP and Insurance Commission Licensing Reviews and Examinations, monthly and quarterly meetings with Management Top Sales and Directors to achieve company’s direction , updated programs and new products.
Pros
Free Lunch & Snacks & Freebies
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
The company is productive and fun company to work with. Always do team building and has excellent customer service. Has good moral human resource management
Pros
Team building
Cons
No overtime pay
Salary / Benefits
Manulife Philippines is definitely a stable company to work with.Benefits are tremendous depending on work load and strategies that you invest.You work as a team,but at the end it will still depend on the time,effort and patience that you put in.
Pros
You learn how to deal with different types of clients and learn how ro be analytical in so many ways
Cons
Time management is defubitely needed
Salary / Benefits
Nice job, competitive salary, good management, encourage extra curricular activities like; corporate social responsibilities, sports fitness clubs, and many more!
Pros
with non taxable allowance
Cons
mandatory OT (sometimes)
Salary / Benefits
In this state you will know how to manage everything especially the time management and professionalism is required cause you will meet different kind of people.. and honesty is the best policy..
Salary / Benefits
It's very exciting to go to the office everyday because I don't feel any pressure and discomfort there.The employees is very hospitable and good, they treated me as their little brother.
Salary / Benefits
Job Work - my work here is just on part time basis only;

Salary / Benefits - Salary is based on Commission; Since my work here is part time only, If I don't get to close a client, I don't get commissions;

Job Security - If you get to close more sales, you get more job security /advancement

Management - Good management
Pros
You get to learn more about their products
Cons
No Sales, No Commissions
Salary / Benefits
The company is not bad but processing period of one's backpay takes toooooo looonnngg... Waiting 3 months or more for your backpay is quite ridiculous. The company has to do something about it. I mean the company overall is ok. But HR department sucks a lot.
Salary / Benefits
It has good stable job, people are easy to be with, Formal management an employees, good salary, not so pressure job but hard to excel in that field .
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Night shift
Salary / Benefits
Manulife Business Process Service is a place for progress management skills as an Human Resource Trainee. You will learn management skills that will help you land and keep you first jog
Pros
unli coffee
Cons
no salary for hr Internship
Salary / Benefits
Basically, we cater calls from Canadians who have concerns/inquiries regarding their health insurance (Manulife). The minimum number of calls that you can get a day is 40-50, with an hour lunch break and two 15-minute breaks. In this line of business you have an edge if you have medical background. But medical insurance is easy to understand with focus, open-mind, and enough training. This company taught me how to balance my work life and my personal life. My supervisor became my confidant and best friend. The company and the management is, no doubt, employee-oriented.
Salary / Benefits
Typical day of work is calling the clients.
I learned to be more efficient in dealing with the clients and meeting deadlines.

Management is good.
Workplace culture is nice.

Hardest part of the job is completing client's insurance and investment application requirements.

Enjoyable part is when the financial advisers are giving incentives to their assistants
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
overtime without pay
it has good Job Work/Life Balance environment, salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement, Management and Job Culture. a lot of employee engagement activities.
benefits
Cons
management