Manulife

Manulife Employee Reviews

Philippines273 reviews

Found 273 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,329 reviews

Fun workplace. Work not too demanding

Fun workplace. Work is not too demanding. You can achieve work life balance here and the management are friendly to its employees. There's plenty of non work related activities that promotes Inclusion and Diversity and community building.

Fun.

If i would be given a chance id work there again. The management is good. They will accomodate you. I had an awesome leader and great team. Overall, the best company ive worked at.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Stressful sometimes

Na

I do not have anything against the company. Being in Manulife for ten years is a proof that I have enjoyed my stay there. Benefits and allowances are good.

Benefits

Cons

Na

Great benifits. Work life balance is commendable.

Would love to come back at Manulife. Bonuses, work life balance, very kind bosses (though onshore bosses can be tough sometimes) are one of the many things that I would love to brag about MBPS.

Pros

Bonuses

Incredible work and management

The work is quite challenging. You are required to learn on your own to make your job easier. It is incredibly fast-paced and will allow you to grow and do better as days go by. It was hard to leave the company because employees are well-taken of. I will definitely go back once everything is settled in my personal life.

Pros

Amazing team and salary

Cons

Getting in touch with support is somehow difficult especially during COVID.

Management is heavily invested on employee engagement

May not be the job for me as work is very routinary. Lots of gossips within the workplace probably due to it work environment. Less stress in commute because my shift is off rush hours.

Pros

Employee engagement activities

Cons

not much career development. Will take years to promote to one position

Well paid but the job is difficult

Highly recommended for a pro CSR, but if you lack experience as a csr it's better to apply somewhere else and gain more experience before you work with this company, this is an ideal company for a professional csr, there are many employees who works with them for more than 5-10+ years, salary and benefits are great though and the company is very generous even the OT pays are high, but the work is really stressful if you are a beginner. I'm still grateful that I was able to be part of them even for a short time. Thank you Manulife!

Pros

Free shuttles, Good compensation, company is very generous, HMO with free dependents etc.

Cons

Stressful callers but not all the time, super busy queue

Productive and fun work place

The company takes care of their employees specially when pandemic comes. The CEO make time to meet (online) all the area managers and express his support to each of us. Had a great time with the company. 🍻

No Work Life Balance, You are nothing in Sales Banca if you're not producing big cases. SALARY IS NOT ENOUGH

Meeting everyday and it lasts for more than an hour. Sometimes twice a day. Even rest days and after shift, you still need to attend meetings. You need to stay up until 12midnight if you're up to your sales' issuance (mostly done every end of the month). Pressure is real. Basic salary is not enough, good for single. Quota is impossible for non performing branches (Bancassurance). No work life balance for Sales in Banca, unless your Managers are "understanding'. Even if your 'Close' relative member died, it is not valid to file a (Immediate) leave, like what I have said, it depends on your manager. There are some managers that are considerate too. But mostly of them, not. You are nothing in Sales if you don't hit the targets and produce big cases.

Pros

Weekends off for Banca, you can enjoy holidays.

Cons

PRESSURE and they don't really respect your off and rest days. SALES is SALES

Beneficial to family and time is manageable

Its easy to share,bec. it’s affordable & policies are easily translated.The hard part is its all virtual application.Few Filipinos can’t be reach but it’s fun to work with this company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Few hours

May 5, 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We certainly take pride in what we do and are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Has career growth and good benefits

Good environment, benefits, career growth and welcoming co-workers. Many activities that you can join in. Over-all was good in every aspects and respects employees work-life balance.

May 5, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you value your experience with us.

Manulife is an ace company. Your experience will depend on your agency if you are an FA.

Overall Manulife processes, benefits, and recognition and awards are okay. But there are times you don't get your salary from your recruit's income which is 10% as agreed. Agencies do not have a clear parameters how is that happening. I don't know if Manulife company has a strong hold to that matter. It matters to agents because it's actually another way to earn from the business. Some agencies are generous and give out cash as incentives. Some, just a pen. Anything will do actually. The important thing is agencies keep their promise. It's actually degrading for a professional to ask or remind the agencies of their rewards.

Pros

Agencies have different rewards systems.

Cons

Great income and rewards from Manulife.

Fun but Challenging Career

This role gives me knowledge about planning in the future especially in terms of financial aspects. The company itself is friendly and caring with their employees but the most challenging part is how to get referrals from the branch.

Pros

Maxicare, Travel, Trainings, Free access to internet

Cons

Sometimes lack of support from staffs

May 5, 2021

Quality and enjoyable career.

Work-life balanced with enjoyable activities while doing parenthood and client meetings. Happy for helping people reach their financial goals in life.

Pros

simple recognition in smallest achievement

Cons

patiently waiting for the client's schedule to be free.

May 5, 2021

lots of recognition and there so much free training

i really like working with this company because it provide lots of recognition and awards. They have so much free training. Leaders or managers are always there to support and the team members where i belonged are very friendly and fun to be with..

November 2, 2020

fun workplace

The job is ok, everything is no pressure at all but the thing is i have difficulties on managing my time because i am at the same time full time mom of 2 kids. And also it became harder when me and my husband got separated.so i need to focus on my kids for the mean time. The salary of the company depends on how you do the sales because it is a commission based.Overall the company is all good.

Pros

free lunch every trainings

November 2, 2020

Great Place to Work

Lots of benefits, work-life balance, professional people, friendly environment, harmonious place, provides training and developments, cares and listens to their employees.

Pros

Salary/ Benefits

It's been fun!

I had a good time working at MBPS, sadly i resigned after a year because i had to take care of my sick mother. Nonetheless, if there's an opportunity to work again with them, I will gladly oblige.

Productive and fund work place

You'll have proper training before you start any job and people will guide and help. You can also attend different training while employed and you'll receive certification. Different activities to attend in every quarter.

My position was a commission-based one.

My position as part of the agency force was a commission-based one and thus I am not salaried. We in the agency force are paid fairly in the sense that we are compensated for our efforts and production.

Fun and inspiring

I love the job. It helps me develop my confidence in speaking an explaining. It tests my skill in selling. Nothing is hard because I enjoy what i do. The most enjoyable part is when I can close the deal with the client

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Salary / Benefits
  • Manulife
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?