Manila Doctors Hospital

Manila Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews

Philippines66 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Salary and benefits are worth the job.
Staff and HCPs are friendly and accommodating.

Medical equipment are mostly updated.

Recommended for patients with different conditions.
Salary / Benefits
The Theatre complex has 8 suites and 2 minor surgery rooms. On the average, there are 20 procedures per day but this could balloon up to 40 procedures per day.

I usually get to handle beweent 1-6 operations (depending on the length of the case) per day either as a Scrub or as a Circulating Nurse. I can handle a wide range of surgeries which can be in the nature of Neuro, Orthopeadics, ENT, General, Peadiatric, Aesthetic, Urologic or Laparoscopic Surgeries. I also get rotated to the Recovery Room (PACU) which is also in the same ward as the OR. There I get to handle upto 12 patients at a time for their first 2 hours of post operative period.

Basically what I have learned in the past 4 years and 2 months is to always be safe, competent, thorough and not panic. Throughout my experience, I have always put emphasis on the final counting. I never allow closing unless the completeness of instruments, sponges and cotonoids etc are verified. By now, I can adapt quickly to sudden changes and can anticipate for the needs of any kind procedure.

Management and co workers treat each other like family and everybody treats each other with respect and without any prejudice.

The hardest part about the job is the long work hours. It is not uncommon go on double shifts multiple times a week and there are times that breaks are sacrificed because of the heavy workload.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients recover and they complement me for a job well done.
Pros
The learning experience at the OR Theatre/ PACU
Cons
Very long work hours
Salary / Benefits
I've learned a lot of things in all aspects of my life. You will be able to understand each sickness or problem of the patients that I've encountered. I worked so hard and you have to be a strong person because doing a multi-tasking tasks are not easy to do.And I really enjoyed the company of my collegues because after all the toxic things done by our patients, still we able to show our smile and happines to what we are doing in our job.
Pros
no more free
Cons
long hours to stand and keep on talking and answering inquiries, limited vacation and sick leave
Salary / Benefits
being an OR nurse in MDH was very enjoyable and exciting. You have many boss, the surgeons, anaesthesiologist, co workers, but still you can handle the pressure.
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is a new beginning for me - different patients, different people that I'll be handling, different situations, etc. And I get the opportunity to learn from them every single day. Besides improving my nursing skills, I learn to interact to different persons effectively. The management there is fair and my co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Cooperation is one of our strengths there. The hardest part of my job is time management because being a nurse takes a toll on your physical body. I enjoy the learning experiences that I gain there and being able to apply it in every aspect of my life.
Pros
the learning experiences
Cons
very tiring
Salary / Benefits
Provided free training and seminars for nurses during my time.
Pros
very competitive salary
Cons
nurses understaff